rancido
September 9, 2018, 5:52pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,531
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from essexexile
After the thumping we got yesterday, it's only natural that fans try & look for a reason & whether it's MJ, the players or the board that's at fault, the underlying fact is that economically we are treading water.
Unless investment increases year on year to benefit the club as a whole and the team in particular I don't see how we can survive. JF is right when he says we need more revenue streams but I also think he's holding us back by hanging on.
The club needs more investment but without either a new stadium or an investor can't see how it's going to get it.
UTM

But do you mean investment or speculation? I think what you mean is speculation because nothing is guaranteed whereas an investment implies a guaranteed return.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 157
Gaffer58
September 9, 2018, 7:31pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
Hate to bring Lincoln up but they are spouting about all the direct investment that is going into them, and not just money from the cup competitions, it would be interesting to know if their chairman/directors are gifting this money or is it a loan to be paid back at a later date?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 157
ginnywings
September 9, 2018, 8:09pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Gaffer58
Hate to bring Lincoln up but they are spouting about all the direct investment that is going into them, and not just money from the cup competitions, it would be interesting to know if their chairman/directors are gifting this money or is it a loan to be paid back at a later date?

They have just appointed a new director, who will bring new expertise to the table. They are forging ahead at a rapid rate, and sadly, leaving us in their wake.

https://www.redimps.co.uk/news/2018/september/180906/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 157
essexexile
September 9, 2018, 8:11pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +185
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from rancido

But do you mean investment or speculation? I think what you mean is speculation because nothing is guaranteed whereas an investment implies a guaranteed return.

As we all know from TV ads investments can go up or down, but unless you buy a ticket you ain't gonna win the raffle & unless money is invested in GTFC we ain't gonna win anything either.
Look at the Premiership, millions are spent buying players, some of whom don't pay off but an awful lot do.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 157
lew chaterleys lover
September 9, 2018, 8:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,652
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from ginnywings

They have just appointed a new director, who will bring new expertise to the table. They are forging ahead at a rapid rate, and sadly, leaving us in their wake.

https://www.redimps.co.uk/news/2018/september/180906/

It makes you weep when you see someone with his cv WANTING to come on the Lincoln board. Imagine that at GTFC - well no we can't because it is impossible to imagine and seems to have been that way for far too long.

Of course, according to our directors there is no other investment for us out there in a similar mould. No one who could bring anything new to the party; no one who might have some expertise willingly given. No one who has black and white running through his veins who has done well for himself who wants to help his home town club. I wonder why that is?
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 157
HertsGTFC
September 9, 2018, 8:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
Can someone explain to me what there actually is to “invest” in?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 157
lew chaterleys lover
September 9, 2018, 8:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,652
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Can someone explain to me what there actually is to “invest” in?

Memories?
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 157
Helgy
September 9, 2018, 9:37pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
3 years ago no one wanted to know & I was doing crowdfunders to keep us going.
Success makes people want to be associated with the club.
It’s not easy running a football club , you are supposed to question things when it’s all rosey not when the wheels have fallen off because then it’s too late.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 157
HertsGTFC
September 9, 2018, 9:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227

Memories?

Sadly not solid collateral, though mine as a Town supporter are priceless and in relative terms cost me very little making new ones for an owner does not come cheap.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 157
dapperz fun pub
September 9, 2018, 10:59pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Helgy
3 years ago no one wanted to know & I was doing crowdfunders to keep us going.
Success makes people want to be associated with the club.
It’s not easy running a football club , you are supposed to question things when it’s all rosey not when the wheels have fallen off because then it’s too late.

Fully respect that fella but as you say where was mr Samsung when things weren’t so rosy wonder out of city Liverpool man yoo who he really supports
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 157
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Let's start with the board

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.