Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Let's start with the board
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 381 Guests

Let's start with the board

This thread currently has 17,490 views. Print
16 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
H19P1
September 16, 2018, 7:53pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +710
Fenty will walk
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 157
dapperz fun pub
September 16, 2018, 7:59pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from H19P1
Fenty will walk

Under what conditions though ? That’s the key thing does he want out or out out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 157
barralad
September 16, 2018, 8:02pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121

Its a faux Trust really isn't it? In my eyes at least a trust should be challenging, questioning and the voice of the long suffering fans.

Fenty must be laughing his socks off at just how ineffectual the Trust are in holding him to account.

We issued a survey. The members (and others) replied to that survey and told us what they wanted to happen. Armed with that information we went to the club with the help of S.D.  with a view to implementing the results of the survey. It has taken far longer than it should but precisely what else would you have wanted us to do. It's not that long ago that we were (rightly in some respects) getting pilloried for not acting on the survey.  I perhaps should have known that with the current toxic atmosphere answering to the best of my ability what was a reasonable question from Pizzzza was risky.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 157
lew chaterleys lover
September 16, 2018, 8:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from barralad

We issued a survey. The members (and others) replied to that survey and told us what they wanted to happen. Armed with that information we went to the club with the help of S.D.  with a view to implementing the results of the survey. It has taken far longer than it should but precisely what else would you have wanted us to do. It's not that long ago that we were (rightly in some respects) getting pilloried for not acting on the survey.  I perhaps should have known that with the current toxic atmosphere answering to the best of my ability what was a reasonable question from Pizzzza was risky.

My post was more of a general one - I wasn't referring to any survey you may have done.

Volunteers always have my admiration, but in view of the long term stagnation, indeed decline in all aspects of the club under Fenty's tenure I just cannot understand how a fans voice can go so easy on him. There should be orchestrated moves to get him out, not giving him the cloak of respectability for his appalling record.

Surely things must come to a head soon? How many more years of Fenty failings are we supposed to endure? It is just ridiculous.
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 157
Cloudy
September 16, 2018, 8:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431

My post was more of a general one - I wasn't referring to any survey you may have done.

Volunteers always have my admiration, but in view of the long term stagnation, indeed decline in all aspects of the club under Fenty's tenure I just cannot understand how a fans voice can go so easy on him. There should be orchestrated moves to get him out, not giving him the cloak of respectability for his appalling record.

Surely things must come to a head soon? How many more years of Fenty failings are we supposed to endure? It is just ridiculous.

To be fair to the volunteers there are still plenty of fans who seem to be very supportive of Fenty, people shaking his hand towards the end of last season, patting him in his bat thanking him for our survival.
I must stress that I am not in anyway supportive of his reign but the issue with a fans group is that they have to represent ALL the fans and I wouldn’t wish that task on anyone
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 157
MuddyWaters
September 16, 2018, 8:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Cloudy

To be fair to the volunteers there are still plenty of fans who seem to be very supportive of Fenty, people shaking his hand towards the end of last season, patting him in his bat thanking him for our survival.
I must stress that I am not in anyway supportive of his reign but the issue with a fans group is that they have to represent ALL the fans and I wouldn’t wish that task on anyone

I don't think it would be reasonable to expect the Trust to do any more vis-a-vis the questionnaire. Patting him in his bat is a new one on me however.
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 157
lew chaterleys lover
September 16, 2018, 8:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from Cloudy

Yes that is a fair point. I often have various spats with fans who still support him despite everything and I am at a loss as to understand why.Perhaps it is a reluctance to change your stance after backing him in the early years. We see this a lot with managers don't we - people tend to have a settled view on a manager from the off.

All the available evidence suggests Fenty has been a disaster. I will always give him credit for putting his hand in his pocket when we needed it all those years ago, but there has to be more than that surely, for him to garner any support? Many of us die-hards are getting to the end of our collective tethers to make a go of it even in League 2.
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 157
Rodley Mariner
September 16, 2018, 8:30pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
Footballing Stockholm syndrome and a fear of the unknown.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 157
jamesgtfc
September 16, 2018, 8:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,814
Gold Stars: 187
No disrespect to the Trust but by the time this announcement is made we will almost be due another survey.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 157
realist
September 16, 2018, 10:36pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,685
Gold Stars: 41
So the members of the trust are the last to find out.? Not really a supporters based trust is it. A small clique doing what they want
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 157
16 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Let's start with the board

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.