Ipswin
August 5, 2018, 8:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from CodHead

Were you saying that after the Notts game?

Are you saying he got a pay rise after that game?

I'm saying he didn't command the wages an experienced manager would have wanted and that, as well as selling his ideas and himself to Fenty, his wage demand inevitably also had a bearing

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 98
Mrs Doyle
August 5, 2018, 8:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quote:
"ignore Ipswin, he has some agenda against supporting this manager for some reason. Be patient and I'm sure MJ will deliver eventually but this is a season of transition and inconsistent results."
Unquote.

Just this manager??

Lol you not been on here long then?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 98
Ipswin
August 5, 2018, 8:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from MarinerMal

Ignore Ipswin, he has some agenda against supporting this manager for some reason. Be patient and I'm sure MJ will deliver eventually but this is a season of transition and inconsistent results.

I don't have an agenda against him at all as I have already explained (although perhaps I used some larger words than you are used to so you didn't understand) I simply did not and still do not buy into the ridiculous rose-tinted spectacles, grasping-at-straws, for felicitations sake save us from Slade's member-ups, desperation fenzy, that surrounded him when his name was first muted.

Private Message
Reply: 62 - 98
Ipswin
August 5, 2018, 9:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Quote:
"ignore Ipswin, he has some agenda against supporting this manager for some reason. Be patient and I'm sure MJ will deliver eventually but this is a season of transition and inconsistent results."
Unquote.

Just this manager??

Lol you not been on here long then?

Totally unfair, I was 100% delighted with and supportive of the appointments of both Newell and Slade

Private Message
Reply: 63 - 98
CodHead
August 5, 2018, 9:27pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +169
Quoted from Ipswin

Totally unfair, I was 100% delighted with and supportive of the appointments of both Newell and Slade

We could have Pep Guardiola as our manager and a billion in the bank, yet you'd still criticise the team. A bit of positivity would be appreciated.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 98
Jaws
August 5, 2018, 9:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Everyone is entitled to an opinion but certain people in earshot of the dugout have probably cost this team a few points over the years.

Our longest serving manager in the past 20 years, the only manager to give us a promotion in the past 19 years was harassed by these same people. He's now 2 divisions higher, with a core of his squad here playing in either League 1 or possibly the Championship.

The people shouting abuse every game at every misplaced pass, skewed shot, lost tackle wouldn't know a good manager or player if it hit them in the face. I don't sit in the lower much these days but wish the main stand would direct their abuse at the opposition or the officials like they do in the lower!

We're a small undesirable town in the 4th tier with a low budget - people need to get real and back the boys.

Jolley is realistic - he never mentioned the mass exodus after the 4th goal because it wasn't unreasonable. Whereas some of the comments 1hr into a 46 game is unreasonable, at that point we were 0.1% into the league season - hardly (and hopefully not) a sign of where we'll be in May!
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 98
GrimRob
August 5, 2018, 9:55pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
There are 70 hours in a football season, so 1 hour into 1 game is 1.4% of the season!

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 66 - 98
lew chaterleys lover
August 5, 2018, 9:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,712
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Jaws
Everyone is entitled to an opinion but certain people in earshot of the dugout have probably cost this team a few points over the years.

Our longest serving manager in the past 20 years, the only manager to give us a promotion in the past 19 years was harassed by these same people. He's now 2 divisions higher, with a core of his squad here playing in either League 1 or possibly the Championship.

The people shouting abuse every game at every misplaced pass, skewed shot, lost tackle wouldn't know a good manager or player if it hit them in the face. I don't sit in the lower much these days but wish the main stand would direct their abuse at the opposition or the officials like they do in the lower!

We're a small undesirable town in the 4th tier with a low budget - people need to get real and back the boys.

Jolley is realistic - he never mentioned the mass exodus after the 4th goal because it wasn't unreasonable. Whereas some of the comments 1hr into a 46 game is unreasonable, at that point we were 0.1% into the league season - hardly (and hopefully not) a sign of where we'll be in May!

Professional football is a bear pit.

Win and you are a hero. Lose and you will get hammered. If the main stand regulars were shouting abuse when we were winning then that is out of order. If they were shouting abuse at 4-1 down at home in the first game of the season then that is fair enough.

If you are in the professional game and over react to crowd reactions then you need a talking to. Believe me it happens at EVERY single club in the country bar none.

If we win the next game it will all be forgotten. if we lose then the stinging flak will persist. It is just he way it is.

Many years ago a victory was met with a "well done lads" and a defeat with "hard luck lads." Those days are well and truly over.
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 98
lew chaterleys lover
August 5, 2018, 10:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,712
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Jaws

We are not a "small town" by any stretch and not undesirable either come to think of it.
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 98
MuddyWaters
August 5, 2018, 10:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
There are some simple facts from yesterday. FGR have been in the league one year and quite comfortably outplayed us and had a plan. At no time did we look capable of beating them and at no time did we ever look like 'executing our plan' whatever that was. MJ earned some credits last season but they will soon be used up if that performance is repeated. We look at least three players short of what's needed.
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 98
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › MJ Interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.