Perkins
August 4, 2018, 11:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,964
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from chaos33
I think they'll be a team that's challenging for top 7 (reasonable to presume that their budget is in that bracket too)  and how they played today made me feel that more confidently. They've got some good players, pass and move well, keep possession and shape and have a goalscorer. They also looked fit, played with intelligence and urgency and quickly identified weaknesses in our game that they exploited.

Can't disagree with that, however, I do think we made them look better then they probably are.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 98
chaos33
August 5, 2018, 12:13am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Yeah maybe so. The way they played though - that's what I was hoping for from us.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 98
Mrs Doyle
August 5, 2018, 5:10am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from Perkins

Can't disagree with that, however, I do think we made them look better then they probably are.

Yeah giving away comedy goals does not help either.

Absolute joke defending from a team that you can truly say absolutely lost "the plot/plan."

Do I feel any better after sleeping on it?

DO I FECK WE WERE A LAUGHING STOCK, IT WAS A NIGHTMARE NOT ONE POSITIVE CAME OUT OF THAT GAME.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 98
dapperz fun pub
August 5, 2018, 7:01am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from Mariner93er
Regardless of whether the performance was shite or not, it does not make it right to shout personal insults. I work in customer service, and if a paying customer wants to complain and shout at me, I have to accept it, but if they get personal, I am well within my rights to call them out on it and ask them to leave. It's no different here.

Football isn’t real world though is it and happens at every club regardless of what anyone says on here , not saying I agree with it I’m saying it happens.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 98
Youngy
August 5, 2018, 7:40am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,667
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Ipswin
It seems the wonderful Mr Jolley is more touchy than Hurst.

If you don't like the heat and all that

Is he really surprised? Looking back on here many seemed to thinkt he was going to win the Champions League at least

Players on the cheap? Make that manager on the cheap too

All he said was that some of the comments were 'interesting' and in the same interview went on to apologise to the supporters for the performance and suddenly he's more 'touchy 'then Hurst?

You are desperate to be proven right arnt you?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 98
arryarryarry
August 5, 2018, 5:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,943
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Mariner93er
Regardless of whether the performance was shite or not, it does not make it right to shout personal insults. I work in customer service, and if a paying customer wants to complain and shout at me, I have to accept it, but if they get personal, I am well within my rights to call them out on it and ask them to leave. It's no different here.

Not sure what you are selling to your customers but if you sold me something that turned out to be a pile of excrement I would want my money back.

Any chance you could pass on some of your customer service knowledge on to JF so we could all have a refund after Saturday's game.  
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 98
Ipswin
August 5, 2018, 5:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Youngy

You are desperate to be proven right arnt you?

Bloody hell I hope not - I think we'll be relegated, that's one thing I really want to get wrong

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 98
rancido
August 5, 2018, 7:25pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from Ipswin

Bloody hell I hope not - I think we'll be relegated, that's one thing I really want to get wrong

You made it perfectly clear that you didn't want MJ as manager. I'm sure you don't want us to get relegated but I'm 100% sure you would like to be proved right in  that MJ wasn't a good choice as manager.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 98
CodHead
August 5, 2018, 7:28pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +158
Quoted from Ipswin
It seems the wonderful Mr Jolley is more touchy than Hurst.

If you don't like the heat and all that

Is he really surprised? Looking back on here many seemed to thinkt he was going to win the Champions League at least

Players on the cheap? Make that manager on the cheap too

Jesus, calm down it's just 1 match. Get a grip!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 98
Ipswin
August 5, 2018, 7:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from rancido

You made it perfectly clear that you didn't want MJ as manager. I'm sure you don't want us to get relegated but I'm 100% sure you would like to be proved right in  that MJ wasn't a good choice as manager.

Well if he felicitations up I'll say I told you so, just as if he succeeds I'll have to admit I was wrong.

I just didn't (and still don't) share every other buggers inexplicable over the top support for his appointment when no one knew anything about him. I wanted an experienced man (but if Fenty was determined to have someone with no experience I favoured someone else) however he managed to motivate the shower of excrement who were posing as a first team squad and avoided relegation so in that respect I was wrong.

But its a new season now, last year's amazing results mean nowt, he's got to do it again and I have my doubts that he can. We'll see next May (or before perhaps)

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 98
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › MJ Interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.