Reply: 20 - 98
Kris2
August 4, 2018, 8:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 136
Blames the players,blames the fans. Typical really lol. Nobody else but you got it wrong MJ, bad  team selection, bad formation,poor game plan.

He should be a man about it and accept the blame for today. If you don't want abuse MJ then deliver a team and game plan that offers good football and wins. Better yet if you get it wrong hold your hands up and admit it.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 98
Northbank Mariner
August 4, 2018, 8:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
It's okay saying the players didn't stick to the game, prey tell MJ, what the f@ck was the game plan!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 98
GrimRob
August 4, 2018, 8:54pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Every manager we have mentions from time to time the comments of those behind them in the Main Stand. It's part of the job and it gets to some more than others, but it is bound to affect the managers they are not robots.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 23 - 98
headingly_mariner
August 4, 2018, 8:54pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
There was plenty of hysterical nonsense from fans today. The same fans telling me before the kick off that they thought Jolley would take us up this season were the ones haranging the players and calling him clueless.

It was excrement, but it was the first game of the season. We look light in quality but he got us going last season. Not looking forward to that style of play though if it continues.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 98
Rick12
August 4, 2018, 9:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Vance Warner
Thought he got that spot on in his interview. It’s no good complaining about the amount of money it’s cost if you’re going to spend 90 mins shouting counter productive abuse which is only going to make performances worse. Jolley has now seen the best and worst of our support. It’s been commented on by every manager I can remember. For the record it doesn’t happen to this extent at all clubs.

I think though this club is maybe a bit more working class than most and this has it pros.A lot of the fanbase will appreciate a tryer.

Likewise the weight of expectation by some fans may weigh on the players after matches via sites such as this one after a bad result.Hence Iam sure most if not all players and management  read the fishy.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 98
arryarryarry
August 4, 2018, 9:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,944
So it was the players fault and he also had a go at some of the fans, disappointed he didn't accept some of the blame and suggest he got the team selection or tactics wrong.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 98
chaos33
August 4, 2018, 9:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
He didn't 'have a go at some of the fans'.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 98
mariner91
August 4, 2018, 9:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,249
Gold Stars: 253
MJ should accept some blame, you don't lose 4-1 at home and be thoroughly outplayed if you get your tactics and personnel correct.

However, I've listened to the interview and I don't disagree with him when it comes to the bile being shouted from the stands. Whilst our fans can be magnificent in getting behind the team when things are going well, we also have a much higher percentage of utter arseholes compared to other clubs. We lost today, badly. We were also very poor. But I saw on social media some twat telling Jolley to "f**k off back to Yorkshire". It's day one of the season. That is quite incredible and I bet he's one of those bellends who will in the next sentence claim we've got "the best fans in the country".

I don't disagree that you can comment on how badly a game is going but we've all heard it on numerous occasions where the comments become overly vile and personal. Hilariously, it's generally these same people that get arsey when they're called out for it. It's no coincidence that near enough every manager in the 20 years I've been attending have mentioned it at some point.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 98
Grantley
August 4, 2018, 9:53pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
People are still getting angry when the manager doesn't lick their ringpiece? Oh dear...

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 98
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › MJ Interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.