sam gy
August 6, 2018, 4:52pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,387
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from realist

You are showing how young you are. In the greater scheme of things both were shite

Re-read my post. I said recent times, ie- the last ten years.

I started watching Town in 91, so yes, I understand that Hurst and Bogle in that respect are nowhere near the best we've had.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 98
realist
August 6, 2018, 4:58pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,686
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from sam gy

Re-read my post. I said recent times, ie- the last ten years.

I started watching Town in 91, so yes, I understand that Hurst and Bogle in that respect are nowhere near the best we've had.

Recent is 30 years. I stand by what I said you are still wetbehind the ears and barely potty trained
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 98
rancido
August 6, 2018, 7:23pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,446
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from Ipswin

You know of course that I can't but do you really think (as the self proclaimed expert that you are) that Jolley with absolutely no FL experience, desperate to get onto the managerial ladder in UK and out of work, demanded the same money as any experienced FL manager we might have attracted / interviewed. If he did and Fenty agreed then Fenty is an even bigger daft twit than I have always thought

But I don't claim to be a " self proclaimed expert ". All I asked for was any evidence that MJ was signed " on the cheap ". If we follow your hypothesis that, due to his lack of league experience, he wouldn't command a high wage then the following must also be true. Glasgow Rangers must have got Steven Gerrard " on the cheap " because , to the best of my knowledge, he has no previous experience as a manager at any level. Also Frank Lampard must also be on a low wage just so he can get a foot on the managerial ladder.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 98
rancido
August 6, 2018, 7:29pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,446
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from Ipswin

But they weren't out of form (allegedly) were they? They were just shite on Saturday, the sort of shite GTFC seems to attract sadly

I certainly never said they were out of form and I don't know who did. Yes, they were shite on Saturday but you so they are the sort of shite that GTFC attracts. That means then that we should never have signed either because in your words " the sort of shite GTFC seems to attract sadly".

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 98
Ipswin
August 6, 2018, 8:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from rancido

But I don't claim to be a " self proclaimed expert ". All I asked for was any evidence that MJ was signed " on the cheap ". If we follow your hypothesis that, due to his lack of league experience, he wouldn't command a high wage then the following must also be true. Glasgow Rangers must have got Steven Gerrard " on the cheap " because , to the best of my knowledge, he has no previous experience as a manager at any level. Also Frank Lampard must also be on a low wage just so he can get a foot on the managerial ladder.

Yes, I think it highly likely that Gerrard and Lampard have accepted salaries much lower than an experienced man taking over at Rangers and Derby might have expected. Mind you 'on the cheap' at Rangers and Derby is likely to be a damn sight different to 'on the cheap' at Blundell park

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 98
chipsandgravy
August 6, 2018, 8:32pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +3,538
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from realist

You are showing how young you are. In the greater scheme of things both were shite

I despair on this board sometimes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 98
realist
August 6, 2018, 9:21pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,686
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from chipsandgravy

I despair on this board sometimes.

Why, cant you face the truth?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 98
chipsandgravy
August 6, 2018, 10:23pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +3,538
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from realist

Why, cant you face the truth?

What truth?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 98
mariner91
August 7, 2018, 12:15am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,249
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from realist

Recent is 30 years. I stand by what I said you are still wetbehind the ears and barely potty trained

It's not though is it? Particularly in footballing terms.

30 years ago Paul Hurst, who had a 15 year football playing career and has been managing teams for a decade since then, was 13 years old. Sir Alex Ferguson had yet to win any of the 38 trophies he won with Man United. Only one of the players who played for England in the semi-final of this World Cup was even born.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 98
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › MJ Interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.