10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Rodley Mariner
August 4, 2018, 6:54pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
It was utter shite today but there were people around me who literally couldn't wait for Dixon to do anything wrong so they could start giving him grief. I actually heard somebody say 'I've lost count of the number of times......' three minutes into the new season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 98
Mighty_Mariner
August 4, 2018, 6:55pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Ipswin
It seems the wonderful Mr Jolley is more touchy than Hurst.

If you don't like the heat and all that

Is he really surprised? Looking back on here many seemed to thinkt he was going to win the Champions League at least

Players on the cheap? Make that manager on the cheap too

Well that just not true. For a start we're in league 2 and only premier league teams qualify for the champions league, meaning we'd have to win 3 promotions and then finish in the top 4 in the PL for us to even make the group stages, and then there's navigating those plus 3 knockout stages just to make the final against world class opposition.

I can't think any rational Town fans would be expecting MJ to win the champs league on our meagre 1m or so budget per season.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 98
Ipswin
August 4, 2018, 7:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

Well that just not true. For a start we're in league 2 and only premier league teams qualify for the champions league, meaning we'd have to win 3 promotions and then finish in the top 4 in the PL for us to even make the group stages, and then there's navigating those plus 3 knockout stages just to make the final against world class opposition.

I can't think any rational Town fans would be expecting MJ to win the champs league on our meagre 1m or so budget per season.

Trust you to take my comment literally

My point of course was that every fornicator was creaming their jeans about a financial dealer with U23 management experience and a relegation from the Swedish premier league.

Any doubts or criticisms were greeted with adverse comments or worse.

He won a few games and kept us up. That's last seasons news Everything starts afresh from today and it doesn't look good

A bit early to talk of changing the manager ? Yes of course it is but please please Mr Fenty don't leave it too long this time. If it's going mammaries up don't prevaricate again.. He's made the signings, they're his choices and he's lining them up his way so no excuses please!

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 98
golfer
August 4, 2018, 7:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,376
Gold Stars: 112
I think they should put the dugouts in front of the Findus Stand. None of the Main Stand riff raff shouting abuse during an "unlucky" defeat. All he would here is "Hard luck old chappie,better luck next time."               {the useless bstrds]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 98
dapperz fun pub
August 4, 2018, 7:12pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from Ipswin

My point of course was that every fornicator was creaming their jeans about a financial dealer with U23 management experience and a relegation from the Swedish premier league.

He won a few games and kept us up. That's last seasons news Everything starts afresh from today and it doesn't look good

A bit early to talk of changing the manager ? Yes of course it is but please please Mr Fenty don't leave it too long this time. If it's going mammaries up don't prevaricate again.. He's made the signings, they're his choices and he's lining them up his way so no excuses please!

Not great but playing players out of position doesn’t help hopefully MJ will learn from this If he doesn’t he’ll be gone by Xmas but having said that Fgr do have a big playing budget and it showed today tbh
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 98
TheCodfather1966
August 4, 2018, 7:19pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
Doesn't this all sound familiar, hope Jolley doesn't turn out to be another Slade.............  Accept it Jolley, when its that bad people are going to hurl abuse, they have paid good money which in my book gives them the right too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 98
Mighty_Mariner
August 4, 2018, 7:32pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Ipswin

And trust you to cream your jeans at the first sign of negativity....

You must have absolutely loved the goals coming in today so you could come on here spouting your bile about how you were right about Jolley all along and that if we'd appointed Paul Harsley as you'd wanted we'd have won 4-0 and all would be rosy.

Well your negativity bores me.... Grow a sense of humour and actually support your bloody football club for a change instead of moaning about every single little thing.

You may just surprise yourself Swin!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 98
Northbank Mariner
August 4, 2018, 8:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,390
Gold Stars: 170
Look, all said n done we got our @rses spanked today, jolley faced the media and made no excuses and did not single out a player although he knew who screwed up...my concern lies with the fact that in the first half we we're lucky to go in 1-0 up and fgr passed us off the pitch and he did nothing to rectify the problem at half time, so I must have reservations that maybe MJ is not as tactically astute as sone thought.....only one game in, I'm not judging yet but if the cycle keeps repeating itself then some serious conversations with the board and the manager will need to be had..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 98
chaos33
August 4, 2018, 8:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Quoted from TheCodfather1966
Doesn't this all sound familiar, hope Jolley doesn't turn out to be another Slade.............  Accept it Jolley, when its that bad people are going to hurl abuse, they have paid good money which in my book gives them the right too.

I just can't understand this view at all. This wasn't people shouting 'it's not good enough' or 'get your finger out' or 'this is sh1t' and such....this is really angry, personal, disrespectful abuse that I heard in the main stand. With kids all around.

To be fair to Jolley, he mentioned it but made little or nothing if it. Civilised society wouldn't have it. It wouldn't happen in yours or my workplace. I don't think that paying to watch gives you the right to that kind of abuse at all. Criticism yep. Disappointment, anger - all part and parcel really, but what I heard was really disrespectful and very very unfair after one bad game.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 98
jock dock tower
August 4, 2018, 8:25pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Quoted from chaos33

I just can't understand this view at all. This wasn't people shouting 'it's not good enough' or 'get your finger out' or 'this is sh1t' and such....this is really angry, personal, disrespectful abuse that I heard in the main stand. With kids all around.

To be fair to Jolley, he mentioned it but made little or nothing if it. Civilised society wouldn't have it. It wouldn't happen in yours or my workplace. I don't think that paying to watch gives you the right to that kind of abuse at all. Criticism yep. Disappointment, anger - all part and parcel really, but what I heard was really disrespectful and very very unfair after one bad game.

Sadly, it wouldn't be BP without it.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 98
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › MJ Interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.