Ipswin
August 5, 2018, 7:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from CodHead

Jesus, calm down it's just 1 match. Get a grip!

But he was on the cheap

Someone with absolutely no experience of management in the EFL was never going to command big wages - fact.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 98
Northbank Mariner
August 5, 2018, 7:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
And Paul Hurst had a shed of league experience did he??....No!!....Jolley came with a pretty solid grounding in academy's and also with under 23s at Burnley..what I have not looked at is how good the performances and results for those under 23s were under Jolley...I will not pass judgement yet but listening to the way he interviews on the radio I reckon he sold himself to Fenty and the board, so I'm not with "We got him on the cheap" brigade at all....
What I do worry about is whether he has the tactical nouse for this league and maybe he expects to a level of football better suited for higher leagues than league 2...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 98
HertsGTFC
August 5, 2018, 7:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,632
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Ipswin

But he was on the cheap

Someone with absolutely no experience of management in the EFL was never going to command big wages - fact.

He won’t get much in the way of wages when his biggest critics rarely go to games.

Though I do (for once) agree that the expectations of some where out of hand.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 98
promotion plaice
August 5, 2018, 7:51pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188
Quoted from Ipswin

Well if he felicitations up I'll say I told you so, just as if he succeeds I'll have to admit I was wrong.

I just didn't (and still don't) share every other buggers inexplicable over the top support for his appointment when no one knew anything about him. I wanted an experienced man (but if Fenty was determined to have someone with no experience I favoured someone else) however he managed to motivate the shower of excrement who were posing as a first team squad and avoided relegation so in that respect I was wrong.

But its a new season now, last year's amazing results mean nowt, he's got to do it again and I have my doubts that he can. We'll see next May (or before perhaps)

I don't normally agree with your negativity Ipwsin but on this occasion I completely agree with you.
MJ is a good man but at the end of the day you are judged by how many games you win and I can't see us winning any time soon with what we have got.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 98
CodHead
August 5, 2018, 8:12pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +158
Quoted from Ipswin

But he was on the cheap

Were you saying that after the Notts game?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 98
Biccys
August 5, 2018, 8:22pm
Posts Per Day: 2.05
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from arryarryarry

Not sure what you are selling to your customers but if you sold me something that turned out to be a pile of excrement I would want my money back.

Any chance you could pass on some of your customer service knowledge on to JF so we could all have a refund after Saturday's game.  

That's not the argument at all. If you bought something sub standard and went to complain about it in the shop you bought it and started calling the salesperson a male private, useless at their job and should intercourse off back to where they came from, you'd get thrown out of the shop. And rightly so. If you presented your faulty goods to them in a calm and respectful manner they'd help you out and replace it for you.

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 55 - 98
Rodley Mariner
August 5, 2018, 8:24pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
I love how those who go into meltdown over MJ making some passing comment over a small number of fans are the ones who think he should grow a thicker skin. All the same people still upset about a nothing remark about being spoilt.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 98
promotion plaice
August 5, 2018, 8:27pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188
Quoted from Biccys

That's not the argument at all. If you bought something sub standard and went to complain about it in the shop you bought it and started calling the salesperson a male private, useless at their job and should intercourse off back to where they came from, you'd get thrown out of the shop. And rightly so. If you presented your faulty goods to them in a calm and respectful manner they'd help you out and replace it for you.

I'll be in the ticket office calm and respectful first thing Monday to get a refund on my season ticket  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 98
Biccys
August 5, 2018, 8:29pm
Posts Per Day: 2.05
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from promotion plaice

I'll be in the ticket office calm and respectful first thing Monday to get a refund on my season ticket  

Ha! Good luck!
You didn't pay for 3 points, you paid to witness 90 minutes of football. The quality isn't guaranteed!

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 58 - 98
MarinerMal
August 5, 2018, 8:30pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +784
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from promotion plaice

I don't normally agree with your negativity Ipwsin but on this occasion I completely agree with you.
MJ is a good man but at the end of the day you are judged by how many games you win and I can't see us winning any time soon with what we have got.

How can you agree with this numpty? He didn't even attend the game. For some reason, I can't fathom out he has an agenda against MJ. Maybe he's Slade's lovechild, I'm not sure.

MJ did a great job of keeping us up when we looked doomed last season. The players looked fitter, more organised and more of a team under his tutalege in those last few games. I still believe, player for player we have a much better squad than last year.

Anyone, who expected us to go from near relegation to promotion in one season was being a little to hopeful. We will finish around mid table after a poor start with a strong finish to the season.

Now to the match. Yes, we were outplayed and yes there were some horrendous mistakes. However, it was the first game of the season against, IMO, was one of the best sides I've seen come to BP in a number of year. I think FGR are in for a very strong season on the basis of that performance.

MJ has much to improve on for the Rochdale and Lincoln games. I'm not sure about Rochdale but Lincoln will not present the same problems FGR did. We maybe able to cope with Lincoln's direct style a little better. Lincoln are a very strong side don't get me wrong and to get a point from that game we will have done well. But we don't need people turning on MJ after a few games.

He has put some much needed infrastructure behind the scenes of this club and I suspect it will take more than a season for us to see the fruits but I firmly believe we are on the correct path.

Ignore Ipswin, he has some agenda against supporting this manager for some reason. Be patient and I'm sure MJ will deliver eventually but this is a season of transition and inconsistent results.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 98
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › MJ Interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.