14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
EY Mariner
March 11, 2018, 11:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
While I echo the criticism of the club over yesterday's events, I do think the police still have questions to answer. As arryarryarry mentioned, it seemed to take some time for there to be any police response to the disorder in the ground, if there was one at all. There also were not that many officers deployed in Harrington Street as I left. So if the police had intelligence suggesting there was going to be trouble, why was the response so slow?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 131
grimps
March 12, 2018, 6:39am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,118
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from jock dock tower
I used to regularly compile health and safety risk assessments as a shop steward. It would not take a greatd eal of knowledge to do something similar at BP, and what I can not fathom out - along with others - is why they very obviously don't have them with procedures in place if something does kick off.

1. Categorise every team as soon as the season's fixture lists come out, based on past experience where available. Category 1 being the teams most likely to have a troublesome following down to Category 5, those with no history of football related violence. In fact, the police should have these already, so why not liaise with them in the first instance?

2. Put procedures into place for those games where there is the potential for trouble, including keeping the away fans inside the ground during the game itself, and only allowing away fans to exit onto Harrington Street.

3. Advise fans beforehand in the local press where the club have identified the high risk category games, and the procedures in place for both sets of fans to try and ensure a risk free environment.

That's really all folk need to know. They do need to know though that the club are not compromising their health and safety by not having valid risk assessments which will be carried out be professionally trained matchday personnel. It's not rocket science. It's logic and common sense.

You dont need to do any asseesments to know that if there has been trouble before the match and a large risk element is in the away end then the fans exit at Harrington street , it's only what any Grimsby fan who has been a reguler for the last 3-0-40 years could tell you.
The fact out ground has huge wide open spaces instead of the old standing corners doesnt help either , someone decided we needed more car parking space than an actual fully funcioning football stadium
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 131
Grim74
March 12, 2018, 9:20am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Just like to say a big well done to the lads and stewards that held the gate on Saturday, these male masturbators thought they would just march in through and slap innocent supporters about, you should be given free tickets for the rest of the season but no doubt you will be targeted now by the police and some will be looking at banning orders....crazy.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 131
March 12, 2018, 9:21am
Guest User
Not sure about that video on the Telegraph website. Is the loud mouth fool on the video, the same person who took the footage? If so, then what a wally he was too. The stuff coming out of his gob is unbelievable, whoever he is.
Reply: 83 - 131
jock dock tower
March 12, 2018, 9:30am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Quoted from grimps

You dont need to do any asseesments to know that if there has been trouble before the match and a large risk element is in the away end then the fans exit at Harrington street , it's only what any Grimsby fan who has been a reguler for the last 3-0-40 years could tell you.
The fact out ground has huge wide open spaces instead of the old standing corners doesnt help either , someone decided we needed more car parking space than an actual fully funcioning football stadium

Risk assessments would highlight all you say. They would also give suitable advice to anyone who needed it as to what to do in such situations. As I said it's all common sense and logic, but sometimes in situations maybe get out of hand sense and logic go out the window and that's when a risk assessment comes in handy.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 131
TownSNAFU5
March 12, 2018, 10:35am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,876
Gold Stars: 42
I saw where most of the police were after the game.  They blocked off 3 side streets between the Imperial and Tesco's.  About 10 officers in each street formed a barrier across the road, right next to Grimsby Road.  I know these roads gave access to buses for Vale fans but there was no interest from any Town fans from going that way.

A failure of police intelligence?  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 131
jock dock tower
March 12, 2018, 10:42am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Certainly a failure of police intelligence would be nothing new. as far as football fans are concerned.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 131
mimma
March 12, 2018, 11:33am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
Police intelligence is an oxymoron 😁

.I believe that police can insist of policing inside if they believe there would be trouble. If we don't let them in then they could refuse to let the game go ahead on safety grounds. I believe this has happened before.

I would like to also say well done to the stewards that stopped the trouble escalating inside the ground, putting themselves between the two sets of idiots.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 131
ginnywings
March 12, 2018, 11:36am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
I saw where most of the police were after the game.  They blocked off 3 side streets between the Imperial and Tesco's.  About 10 officers in each street formed a barrier across the road, right next to Grimsby Road.  I know these roads gave access to buses for Vale fans but there was no interest from any Town fans from going that way.

A failure of police intelligence?  

I think the police did a fairly good job outside the ground. It was inside that was the problem and the club wouldn't pay for their presence, so we can't really criticise them for that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 131
FishOutOfWater
March 12, 2018, 12:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Mansfield made it clear they were coming mob handed via lads on  England duty plenty knew they were coming

I wasn't even aware there had been any trouble when Mansfield came to our place

Maybe if their fans had been policed like we were when we went to their place, then there wouldn't have been any issues

Or is it the usual.... one rule for us and another rule for everyone else?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 89 - 131
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Trouble today

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.