This thread currently has 22,128 views. Print
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Croxton
March 10, 2018, 9:05pm Report to Moderator
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +365
This 'No Police in the ground' policy is naïve and dangerous. We learned little from the Mansfield debacle. When we follow our club away we are filmed in the ground and watched closely by stewards. Were we warned by Police? Did they have a crew outside? It took far too long to control and ruined the momentum following our equaliser.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 131
Nelly GTFC
March 10, 2018, 9:09pm Report to Moderator

Season Ticket Holder
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.31
Rep Score: +24 / -4
Approval: +1,792
Quoted from gtfcmd
How old is that bloody crap phone? Time for an upgrade, even my 5-year old HTC One M7 films at 1080p HD.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> http://www.espnfc.co.uk/club/grimsby-town/386/statistics/performance
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202
All info, links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> http://www.fanbase-links.co.uk
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 131
Vance Warner
March 10, 2018, 9:15pm Report to Moderator
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +1,122
To be fair I've never known Port Vale to travel in numbers like that. It clearly took the authorities by surprise but you would think once they knew there was a coachload of lads looking for trouble they could change the decision and have police in the ground.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 131
Cloudy
March 10, 2018, 9:17pm Report to Moderator
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 3.23
Rep Score: +14 / -6
Approval: +4,902
Quoted from Vance Warner
To be fair I've never known Port Vale to travel in numbers like that. It clearly took the authorities by surprise but you would think once they knew there was a coachload of lads looking for trouble they could change the decision and have police in the ground.

Vale always have a crew following them and have had for decades.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 131
headingly_mariner
March 10, 2018, 9:23pm Report to Moderator

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +31 / -15
Approval: +5,314
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Why wasn’t police present in the ground ? Who made that call ?

Is that one of those questions when you already know the answer? 😂

Nigel Lowther tweeted that the club were advised by the police to pay for police in the ground after intelligence from earlier in the day. He said the club decided not to do this due to the cost.  

I'd not be very happy if I was a steward. Felt a bit sorry for them today. They're completely undergunned to deal with that shite.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 131
TAGG
March 10, 2018, 9:24pm Report to Moderator

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +27 / -18
Approval: +1,177
According to RH the club wouldn’t pay for Police despite the agro up maggis
Pay the fine out of your own pocket Fenty

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 131
KingstonMariner
March 10, 2018, 9:25pm Report to Moderator
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.24
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +9,648
That presupposes the club knew there was a coach load of lads looking for trouble.

Instead of cod we eat had-dock
We’ll buy it fresh from Grimsby dock
My sister wears her nunty frock
For MichaelJolley in glory
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 131
Perkins
March 10, 2018, 9:35pm Report to Moderator
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Approval: +981
Luckily episodes like today are few and far between these days, although sadly ones like today can result in repercussions for the club, which they must have realised when they decided to dispense with the presence of Humbersides finest inside the ground.
This was a game of handbags compared to the violence a lot of us saw and experienced in the eighties, and i think some of the knuckledraggers involved must sometimes think they missed out on the violence during those years. But if that type of violence were to rear its head again, most of those involved today would excrement themselves and go running home crying to mummy.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 131
lukeo
March 10, 2018, 10:00pm Report to Moderator
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.17
Rep Score: +31 / -16
Approval: +1,209
I put my Nike cap on today which I haven't worn since I was 10.. I was hoping that it would make me feel hard as intercourse because I'm assuming that's what makes these kind of people think that? They all seem to wear them.... It didn't it just made my dandruff itch
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 131
The Old Codger
March 10, 2018, 10:13pm Report to Moderator
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.48
Rep Score: +40 / -20
Approval: +13,869
Could have been diffused if Stephen Marley had gone to the Vale fans and asked "Do you know who I am?"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 131
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Trouble today

Thread Rating

There have been 1 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.