14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
heppy88
March 10, 2018, 10:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Unfortunately, for those taking part the buzz of the fight is more important than what’s happening on the pitch, more important than their team maintaining momentum. So obviously more important than staying in the league. I hated it in the eighties and the nineties and now it just makes me sad that blokes in their forties and fifties feel the need to act like apes. They must lead sad lives and have tiny cocks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 131
Mariner16
March 10, 2018, 10:24pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 4
The club have to act as I can see the Chesterfield game being the same given the tensions are high at the bottom of the table and they will be quite a few.  Only have to remember what happened in both games one season 2008?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 131
Cambs Mariner
March 10, 2018, 10:31pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +1,232
Quoted from heppy88
Unfortunately, for those taking part the buzz of the fight is more important than what’s happening on the pitch, more important than their team maintaining momentum. So obviously more important than staying in the league. I hated it in the eighties and the nineties and now it just makes me sad that blokes in their forties and fifties feel the need to act like apes. They must lead sad lives and have tiny cocks.

Have we forgotten how some of our fans behaved at Burton? Look at the West Ham fans today. It isn't like the Eighties when some supporters just went to football games for a fight. Yes, you will still get a few idiots wanting to show how hard they are, but nowadays most fans are more in tune with what will happen financially if they get relegated and their frustration shows through. I hate violence at any sports game but you do get a minority who feel that is the only way they can vent there frustration when things aren't going well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 131
heppy88
March 10, 2018, 10:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Perkins
Luckily episodes like today are few and far between these days, although sadly ones like today can result in repercussions for the club, which they must have realised when they decided to dispense with the presence of Humbersides finest inside the ground.
This was a game of handbags compared to the violence a lot of us saw and experienced in the eighties, and i think some of the knuckledraggers involved must sometimes think they missed out on the violence during those years. But if that type of violence were to rear its head again, most of those involved today would excrement themselves and go running home crying to mummy.

Yes, but it's creeping back into the game and to deny it would be foolish. As for the morons who got involved today, they should have no part to play in this club. Plenty of video evidence. Ban them. For life. FFS as if the club are not already in enough of a mess already without these idiots adding to it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 131
heppy88
March 10, 2018, 10:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
If your going to try and promote families to come to the games then you should safeguard the safety of those fans. It was clear from early morning that the police were expecting trouble, as the police presence in cleethorpes was intimidating before any so called Vale fans arrived. So if the club refused policing, after advice to the contrary, just to save a few quid, then the club should be fined. How many had to die in the eighties before lessons were learnt?Seems like some on the board have short memories!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 131
HertsGTFC
March 10, 2018, 11:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,906
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from heppy88
If your going to try and promote families to come to the games then you should safeguard the safety of those fans. It was clear from early morning that the police were expecting trouble, as the police presence in cleethorpes was intimidating before any so called Vale fans arrived. So if the club refused policing, after advice to the contrary, just to save a few quid, then the club should be fined. How many had to die in the eighties before lessons were learnt?Seems like some on the board have short memories!

Don't be a drama queen......... Today was not good but to categorize it with the sad events in history is a bit insulting TBH.

I'm sorry Heppy I get the stuff about stewards and police but this would not be a talking point if people behaved themselves.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 131
Croxton
March 10, 2018, 11:07pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Only just heard about the bother in Cleethorpes pre match. Was the safety Officer informed? What a contrast. Match at Chesterfield stopped so helicopter can access seriously ill supporter while we appear unwilling to protect fans, players and poorly paid stewards. The Club should conduct their own enquiry and propose changes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 131
mariner91
March 10, 2018, 11:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,585
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from heppy88

Can't help but take issue with that comment. I lead a sad life and have a tiny c0ck but I've never behaved like that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 131
HertsGTFC
March 10, 2018, 11:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,906
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Croxton
Only just heard about the bother in Cleethorpes pre match. Was the safety Officer informed? What a contrast. Match at Chesterfield stopped so helicopter can access seriously ill supporter while we appear unwilling to protect fans, players and poorly paid stewards. The Club should conduct their own enquiry and propose changes.

I have not got a clue what you are talking about here and I sense neither have you.

How can you compare an excellent emergency first aid response with the behavior of a number of morons.

Maybe GTFC would have made better arrangements if they had better Police intel before today, who knows?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 131
moosey_club
March 10, 2018, 11:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,238
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Croxton

The club have had the enquiry straight after the game and i have seen the report which concluded ..

Cause of trouble -  The fans
Influencing factors - The fans not respecting stewards who asked fans to return to their seats
Future control measures - Ban the fans
Are the club in anyway at fault - No. Its all the fans fault

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 131
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Trouble today

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.