TheRonRaffertyFanClub
March 11, 2018, 8:42am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
If the police were there anyway due to intelligence...why do the club have to pay for them to enter the ground? The police is a government/tax-payer funded public service! Perhaps I'm missing something here but I just don't get it!

BP is private property and the police have to be invited to come in. That’s why police presence in the ground costs clubs money. The same thing applies at places like Freshney Place. Any negligence here looks like it belongs to the club. Too much reliance on CCTV?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 131
heppy88
March 11, 2018, 8:43am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Hearts, deaths occurred here and abroad simply because crowd control was not managed effectively. Do you think the events yesterday were managed effectively? Do you think we had enough stewards to contain the situation? Do you think a couple of parked transits is effective crowd control? Do you think allowing two sets of " fans" to converge on a public street to bash it out is good crowd control? Do you think as long as no one gets injured or dies as a result of violence in the ground it is acceptable and anyone who thinks otherwise is being a "drama queen"? FFS it takes one punch to kill someone!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 131
Mariner93er
March 11, 2018, 8:44am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
It's true that the club could have done better, but can we not turn to criticing the club more than the knob heads who took part.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 131
Cloudy
March 11, 2018, 8:51am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Mariner93er
It's true that the club could have done better, but can we not turn to criticing the club more than the knob heads who took part.

Sadly there are 'knobheads' who follow every football club, that is a known fact.

The club know that but failed miserably to put measures in place to prevent knobheads being, knobheads.

I walked back to my car behind a young lad (7/8 years of age) and his Dad who was explaining that he wouldn't take him to Lincoln next week because of these idiots.

The club ( rightly) tries to attract young fans with cheap tickets but once in attendance failed miserably to protect them and other law abiding fans. Someone need some to answer for this and not let it be swept under the carpet.

People are paid to be responsible for their actions and judgements
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 131
dapperz fun pub
March 11, 2018, 8:59am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Cloudy

Sadly there are 'knobheads' who follow every football club, that is a known fact.

The club know that but failed miserably to put measures in place to prevent knobheads being, knobheads.

I walked back to my car behind a young lad (7/8 years of age) and his Dad who was explaining that he wouldn't take him to Lincoln next week because of these idiots.

The club ( rightly) tries to attract young fans with cheap tickets but once in attendance failed miserably to protect them and other law abiding fans. Someone need some to answer for this and not let it be swept under the carpet.

People are paid to be responsible for their actions and judgements

It will be swept under the carpet because I think we all know whose decision it was not to have a police presence in the ground. Vale played up and stormed the gates simply because they saw the stewards weren’t up to the job of maintaining order
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 131
Mallyner
March 11, 2018, 9:11am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,515
Quoted from mariner91

Can't help but take issue with that comment. I lead a sad life and have a tiny c0ck but I've never behaved like that.

Are you Stephen Marley?  

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 131
mariner91
March 11, 2018, 9:12am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,646
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from Mallyner

Are you Stephen Marley?  

Nah, one or two people on here know my name  .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 131
arryarryarry
March 11, 2018, 9:19am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Gibson617
Crowd trouble never a nice thing.    But out of 5000 + people there was  only a small amount causing the affray. The police were on the scene quickly and there was not much going on  around the streets after the game. Don't let us give it too much publicity and let the powers that be get it sorted..

Really, from my view in the Youngs stand it seemed several minutes before plod turned up in the ground if they did.
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 131
Mallyner
March 11, 2018, 9:24am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,515
Quoted from mariner91

Nah, one or two people on here know my name  .

I assume it won't be Nobby?  

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 131
lukeo
March 11, 2018, 9:33am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
My point being whenever there is trouble you never see 'shirts' (I think that's what they call them) people wearing the colours involved.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 131
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Trouble today

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.