14 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Vance Warner
March 13, 2018, 7:38pm Report to Moderator
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +1,122
Quoted from OneLove
The thing is, you've got a guy sat in a box monitoring the crowd and issuing out bans for the littlest reasons going and I know of a few people who are hardant town fans who have been subjected to club bans for the stupidest things ever. This guy named nick dale must of clearly known that on Saturday due to the large police present outside the ground that there was a high risk of it kicking off in, so perhaps he should give himself a ban for letting it happen. Ive heard stewards where radioing him saying its going to go off and his words where you'll be fine. Now saying you'll be fine to an old guy, woman, is pretty sad in my eyes, some of those stewards are clearly not fit enough for this kind of thing its plain and simple, they might be good enough to be telling you to stand behind a line with a homosexual but when it comes down to it they haven't a chance and are going to get hurt. This though will be Nick Dales heaven, he will be rubbing his hands going through the footage so he can add more bans to the club than ever. Grimsby have and always will be an attraction to clubs with travelling mobs and Saturday was a prime example.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 131
Marinerz93
March 13, 2018, 10:36pm Report to Moderator

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 3.75
Rep Score: +86 / -8
Approval: +5,380
Port Vale have to be the fatest worst dressed hooligans to visit BP.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 131
lukeo
March 14, 2018, 10:45pm Report to Moderator
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.17
Rep Score: +31 / -16
Approval: +1,209
Quoted from Marinerz93
Port Vale have to be the fatest worst dressed hooligans to visit BP.

If this doesn't win post of the week I don't know what will
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 131
KingstonMariner
March 15, 2018, 12:53am Report to Moderator
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.24
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +9,648
Quoted from adam0202
Hello lads and lasses, Vale fan here , just thought i'd offer my thoughts if you don't object.
I was there having drove up with my lad and parked by Sidney Park.
Can i quell any mis-information about Stoke lads being with Vale, it has not and would never ever happen so sorry to whoever posted but that is drivel.
At our home game in October the Police Intelligence estimated 1200 GTFC fans and a potential for disorder. The reason i know this is because one of the lads who usually comes with us is Plod.
Anyone who came to that game would of thought the Queen or Theresa May was at the game , i have never seen so many old bill in my life . Total overkill but given Saturdays events maybe not. I think you bought about 600 ish if my memory serves me right.
On to events on Saturday, i am a 48 year old bloke who has followed Vale home and away for years. It was well known down here that there were 2 bus loads of so called ' lads' going to the game. No idea what went wrong between Staffs plod and is it Humberside plod ?
We have attracted an albeit younger chavvy mob of clowns over the past couple of seasons. The games they usually attend would be the likes of Bolton and Sheff Utd where there was quite serious trouble last season.
This season the games they were targeting were Lincoln, Grimsby and Mansfield. Lincoln was a damp squib because about 40 of them went to Benidorm on a Stag do.
Saturday was well known about and based also on the reputation yourselves have. The same clowns will be at Mansfield in about a months time.
Clearly the goal was the spark for the violence but i believe they had made themselves known in Cleethorpes before the game.
After the game me and my lad pretty much kept our gobs shut as it wasn't a nice experience walking back to the car.
Neither set of fans covered themselves in glory though our idiots clearly started the trouble.
Felt sorry for the stewards who were literally on a hiding to nothing.
My overall moan has to be with the old bill, if someone like me knew that there were 2 bus loads going up then what on earth were they doing/ thinking ?
I have seen moans about your chairmen etc not wanting to pay the costs so i can't comment on that.
Petty maybe this bit but the bloke who did the aerial video sounded an absolute moron too , some of his comments were bizarre.
Let us hope that this doesn't start some sort of idiotic mammary for tat rivalry between us because if we both manage to stay up i can imagine some sort of revenge mission would be on the cards next season.
Great atmosphere too in our end spoilt by the antics of a minority.
Whilst i am no angel and can handle myself i can honestly say i have never been to a football game with the intention of kicking someones head in.
Good luck in staying up as you are a proper club and hope you don't mind my observations.

Going by comments from my lad who went to the game at your ground, it's not just youngsters. He said it was middle aged blokes from the Vale mob looking for trouble, and was even 'offered out' round the back of the coaches away from the police. Or maybe my son just misinterpreted him, and he was making a very friendly invitation. Which must say  lot for Vale's diversity and inclusion policy  

Instead of cod we eat had-dock
We’ll buy it fresh from Grimsby dock
My sister wears her nunty frock
For MichaelJolley in glory
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 131
OneLove
March 15, 2018, 6:27am Report to Moderator
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +338
Quoted from Vance Warner

Shame on the fishy I only put F A G and it translates it to that haha
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 131
FishOutOfWater
March 16, 2018, 1:10pm Report to Moderator

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.52
Rep Score: +46 / -7
Approval: +3,088
I heard on RH this morning that Lincolnshire Police are going to be having an increased presence for tomorrow's game because of the trouble in BP last week  

It just seems a bit odd to me that Port Vale's "fans" started it all, yet the policing in Lincoln is being intensified because of Town visiting ( ahead of the kick-off already having been brought forward, probably on police advice)

I bet the Staffordshire police won't increase their numbers tomorrow when Stevenage turn up and are confronted by the same Vale fans that started the trouble though?

I expect tomorrow in Lincoln will be just like Mansfield all over again with the police matching supporter numbers almost one for one.... total over-kill

l assume too that it will be Lincoln who have to stump up for all the police costs?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 125 - 131
Bigdog
March 16, 2018, 3:21pm Report to Moderator
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +29 / -1
Approval: +5,808
Quoted from Marinerz93
Port Vale have to be the fattest worst dressed hooligans to visit BP.

Port Vale and Mansfield going at each other would be like watching an 80% off sale in Poundland..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 131
moosey_club
March 16, 2018, 4:27pm Report to Moderator
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.98
Rep Score: +64 / -16
Approval: +8,990
Not sure i have seen any kind of announcement from the club over the trouble.  

Has there been one ?

2017/18  WLLLWLWWLDDWDWDDLLWWWDLDLLLLDLLDLLLLDLLDLWDWWW  
2016/17  WLLLWDWLWWLDWLDDWDLLLWDWWLWLDLDWLWLWLDDLWWLWLD

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 131
lukeo
March 16, 2018, 4:40pm Report to Moderator
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.17
Rep Score: +31 / -16
Approval: +1,209
To save making a new thread let's draw  a line here

And start afresh for Saturday  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 131
FishOutOfWater
March 16, 2018, 4:52pm Report to Moderator

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.52
Rep Score: +46 / -7
Approval: +3,088
Quoted from moosey_club
Not sure i have seen any kind of announcement from the club over the trouble.  

Has there been one ?

RH were pushing the club for an announcement earlier in the week but didn't get one.... they had someone from Humberside police on there, giving their side of the story but the club didn't respond

It then seems to have gone off their radar / on to the back burner with the Targers getting a second win on the trot..

Still nothing official from the club though as far as I know as to why they didn't get the police in to BP  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 129 - 131
14 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Trouble today

Thread Rating

There have been 1 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.