Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is there a price ??
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 210 Guests

Is there a price ??

This thread currently has 16,712 views. Print
17 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
fleabag1970
January 11, 2018, 7:29pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
The gates drop to 3k . The manager gets support . What happens ? Let's turn it on the moaning few on the fishy .... you must be bothered about the situation or you wouldn't be wasting your precious time on a forum trying to balance the view point .  2.7 k on Sat ......

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 167
arryarryarry
January 11, 2018, 8:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from pen penfras

Who do you think I am saying "your decisions?" I'm not associated with the club in any way, I don't even live anywhere near Grimsby anymore. I know you're struggling to get your head around it, but not all people share the opinion that the "regime" must go. It's a bit pathetic to be calling me Steve, a Fenty stooge and saying I've been sent here to beat the drum. I only posted because I'm sick of reading the pathetic, narrow minded views I read on here daily and wanted to add some balance to the problem.

Unfortunately, as humans, we don't tend to say much when we feel happy or indifferent about a situation. It's when we're unhappy when we take to complaining and stating how we feel, which is partly why people feel there is a large contingent agreeing with their position on here and other media forms. We're all unhappy with what's going on on the pitch, but I haven't heard a majority of supporters I know being dead against the regime. The ones that are, were always the most fickle and we used to ignore them, now they go on social media and feel galvanised that they're not the only ones, so spout it more.

Living away I assume you don't go to many games then.Considering the reaction at the end of recent games I don't think there are many Town fans happy with those who are currently running the club, board or manager.

Also considering the way this club has been run for the past 10 years or more, the relegation out of the Football League, the 6 long years to get back in, the absolute dross we have had to put up with at places like Chasetown etc is it any wonder the fans are unhappy.

Also considering the turnover of managers it is clear that the  board haven't been happy with the performances of certain managers so surely the fans have every right to be unhappy with the board.
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 167
January 11, 2018, 8:23pm
Guest User
Shouldn’t this thread be titled ‘My cocks bigger than yours?’  If I was of a cynical nature I’d suggest that the non chairman has rustled up a bunch of patronising no marks, to try and counter allegations of mismanagement and megalomania.  Whatever the case, the veneer has well and truly cracked and the chipboard underneath exposed.
Reply: 142 - 167
fleabag1970
January 11, 2018, 8:38pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
It reminds me of Maggie when she was trying to cling on to power in the early 90s

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 167
Stadium
January 11, 2018, 9:07pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,924
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from MuddyWaters
I really think you should change your name to Arsend in homage to the orifice you talk out of

Really necessary??

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 167
Bigdog
January 11, 2018, 9:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from pen penfras

Who do you think I am saying "your decisions?" I'm not associated with the club in any way, I don't even live anywhere near Grimsby anymore. I know you're struggling to get your head around it, but not all people share the opinion that the "regime" must go. It's a bit pathetic to be calling me Steve, a Fenty stooge and saying I've been sent here to beat the drum. I only posted because I'm sick of reading the pathetic, narrow minded views I read on here daily and wanted to add some balance to the problem.

Unfortunately, as humans, we don't tend to say much when we feel happy or indifferent about a situation. It's when we're unhappy when we take to complaining and stating how we feel, which is partly why people feel there is a large contingent agreeing with their position on here and other media forms. We're all unhappy with what's going on on the pitch, but I haven't heard a majority of supporters I know being dead against the regime. The ones that are, were always the most fickle and we used to ignore them, now they go on social media and feel galvanised that they're not the only ones, so spout it more.

I'm 48 years in supporting the Mariners, but no longer support the current regime, and by doing so, I'm fickle?..  Strong argument that. There's plenty more on here, other platforms, friends I know etc are even more time served than me and they're on the edge of giving up or have already done so.. How come the people not wanting change somehow try to grab the moral high ground?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 167
dapperz fun pub
January 11, 2018, 9:17pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Bigdog

I'm 48 years in supporting the Mariners, but no longer support the current regime, and by doing so, I'm fickle..  Strong argument that. There's plenty more on here, other platforms, friends I know etc are even more time served than me and they're on the edge of giving up or have already done so.. How come the people not wanting change somehow try to grab the moral high ground?

Similar timescale to you supporting town and only recently I've started to do overtime and missing the odd match something I've never done before , the product is dog shitt
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 167
Cambs Mariner
January 11, 2018, 9:53pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +1,233
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Similar timescale to you supporting town and only recently I've started to do overtime and missing the odd match something I've never done before , the product is dog shitt

Same as me. 1970, Bobby Kennedy Player- Manager. We lost but I was hooked and have been ever since until last year when Mr Fenty appointed Mr Slade again. At the time of his appointment I tried to understand the reasoning behind it. Why would Mr Fenty appoint a manager who has never won anything, a manager who had been dismissed by 3 clubs in the space of a year, a manager who Mr Fenty must have known would have split the fan base down the middle because of the what happened before the play offs at Cardiff.
I couldn't and still can't understand the logic behind it all. All I knew was that the football would be rubbish and if we weren't careful we would be playing the likes of Eastleigh again. I am out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 167
easypeersy
January 12, 2018, 8:18am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 11
The fans who decide not to turn up and support the team each match are just contributing to the demise of our football club!
Whether you like or dislike the manager and/or board, you should still support the team and not boo them on the pitch.
So all you people who have walked away or still go and boo!
Shame on you!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 167
MuddyWaters
January 12, 2018, 8:32am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Stadium

Really necessary??

Light hearted banter now banned?
Private Message
Reply: 149 - 167
17 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is there a price ??

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.