Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is there a price ??
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 130 Guests

Is there a price ??

This thread currently has 16,596 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
friskneymariner
January 10, 2018, 10:53pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
See he has logged off now,hope we haven't hurt his feelings,well i'm  lying really.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 167
arryarryarry
January 10, 2018, 11:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,945
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from 120790

Yes that would be morally right.

John Fenty doesn’t owe anything at all to us as supporters. The only obligation he has is a fiduciary duty to the stakeholders under company law.

By the way, there is a pattern here of people labelling my plain talking posts as being condescending. Come on you can do better that surely. It seems to me that when some read opinions or fact that they don’t like, or doesn’t sit comfortably with them, that they go on the offensive and start labelling with words like pompous or condescending. Seriously

Debate away guys, but do try to do so with an element of maturity. Believe me, as soon as I read something you post that I agree with or is factually correct, I’ll be straight in there suggesting you’ve made a good point that I agree with. I may even give you one of them super green ticks

I disagree, in all your ramblings you seem to forget that it was John Fenty's and I assume other directors abject failure to sack Neil Woods during that long pitiful run of games without a win (all we needed was 2 more wins and a draw that would have seen us safe) that in John Fenty's words would cost the club £500,000 per season so that is £3,000,000 lost in the 6 years we were out of the Football League so on that assumption he should really go whistle for his £2,000,000.
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 167
sackthemascot
January 11, 2018, 12:05am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: -19
Quoted from friskneymariner
If I was in JF' shoes my first priority would be recovering my credibility.  

If I was in JF's shoes, i would purchase a roll neck and a light brown leather bomber jacket to prove i was just like a typical town fan 😂

Absolutely nothing to do with former legend of the Fishy, Sacktheboard  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 167
fleabag1970
January 11, 2018, 6:51am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
I think a significant invesment in clee town will slowly eat away at town's fragile floating supporters .... it wouldn't take too much to get the to nat lg north . If I were ascend / Jf I wouldn't be so cocky as when this happens its gonna cost

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 167
1mickylyons
January 11, 2018, 7:11am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,257
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from GrimExile
RoboCod are you a shareholder?

Yoo Hoo look at me im a shareholder.Whoopy effin doo I have spent thousands on Town over the years as have most of us we have more than paid our way in tickets,shirts,scarves.Also any fan who is a member of the trust is a shareholder so put that in your pipe and smoke it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 167
pen penfras
January 11, 2018, 7:49am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from friskneymariner
Ascend really is an intellectual  lightweight like all those who have dogmatic ideological views he has no cogent response when challenged, he lives in his black and white world where there are no shades of grey,he does his cause no good at all.

The majority on here live in the black and white world, he's just on the black to your white. Very few posters see both sides of the picture and some dissect every word said to find a hole and beat the club/JF/trust/anybody associated with GTFC with it.

I don't think there's anything the current board can say or do that a few on here won't overreact and turn it into a conspiracy. It's counterproductive to the club moving forwards, but these people are blinded by their rage and polarised view that the incumbent board need to go. I don't see what good is going to be done by continually bitching about the same things over and over again.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 167
headingly_mariner
January 11, 2018, 8:07am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from pen penfras

The majority on here live in the black and white world, he's just on the black to your white. Very few posters see both sides of the picture and some dissect every word said to find a hole and beat the club/JF/trust/anybody associated with GTFC with it.

I don't think there's anything the current board can say or do that a few on here won't overreact and turn it into a conspiracy. It's counterproductive to the club moving forwards, but these people are blinded by their rage and polarised view that the incumbent board need to go. I don't see what good is going to be done by continually bitching about the same things over and over again.

I am assuming you're one of the enlightened few that see both sides then?

People are "bitching" about the same things because they're happening over and over again. It's also the case that many of the big issues have never been dealt with properly, so they remain contentious.

The problem is you lose trust and the board have lost the trust of the fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 167
1mickylyons
January 11, 2018, 8:12am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,257
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from 120790

Yes that would be morally right.

John Fenty doesn’t owe anything at all to us as supporters. The only obligation he has is a fiduciary duty to the stakeholders under company law.

By the way, there is a pattern here of people labelling my plain talking posts as being condescending. Come on you can do better that surely. It seems to me that when some read opinions or fact that they don’t like, or doesn’t sit comfortably with them, that they go on the offensive and start labelling with words like pompous or condescending. Seriously

Debate away guys, but do try to do so with an element of maturity. Believe me, as soon as I read something you post that I agree with or is factually correct, I’ll be straight in there suggesting you’ve made a good point that I agree with. I may even give you one of them super green ticks

You have a strange way of looking at things for a fan in my opinion. JF is only the custodian of this Club which has been around since 1878 by the way.Now morally I think he has an obligation to do several things in that role.One of which would be retaining our football league status,you will recall in this he has failed once already but he did oversee getting it back. The culture and identity of the Club should be preserved here I can`t really knock him as nothing has really changed in the stands on his watch other than were all a bit more drunk off.JF as a businessman upon getting the horns of power I would have expected to try and push the Club forward.This I have no doubt he has tried to do in relation to new ground.However his thinking appears to be clouded at best  on if we are fans or customers and how to get us to back him and his board and idea`s? On this point when all was fairly rosey in the garden after beating FGR at Wembley and the football club (even if it`s with hindsight) failed miserably to capitilise on the support where is the response? JF and his board MUST take up the cudgels and do 10 rounds with a root and branch approach to their own staff instead of blaming the fans.We as fans can all see the failings but we tend to not really be all that bothered if the team are winning or playing ok.The situation since the FGR win as lurched from bad to disaster within 18 Months and people like you want to steer the blame towards the fans.Well ok then but the average gate has been over 4k the whole time so the fans haven't gone anywhere in real terms so how exactly can they be blamed Ascend explain that?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 167
Bigdog
January 11, 2018, 9:43am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from pen penfras

Amazing.. Our average attendance was 5400 last season and it looks like we are going to be down to 50% of that on Saturday. That's in six months! Of the remaining 2700 or so, I'd say a good 50% are truly cheesed off and disenfranchised as well. So we are not talking about a polarised few or a vocal minority. We are talking about the vast majority, especially when you add in the fans that have given up and haven't been for a good while. So calling comments on here a polarised view from the board is true, but it's the fans that are being polarised by the actions and views of the board. The disgruntled, disenfranchised fan is the majority view and it is the board that have polarised themselves from the consensus.

What has struck me though is the way that fans have decided to stay away. It's not been a mass protest, it's not been a call to arms, it's not been banners, it's been private family decisions in twos or threes, and many are current season ticket holders. GTFC fans aren't as stupid as some would like to portray, they know what is at stake and are still voting with their feet. It's a serious situation that the board or the inner circle are failing to grasp by continuing to prod away at the remaining diehards. As someone else has said, the board has completely lost the trust of the fans and I don't think it will get it back unless there is a radical overhaul..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 167
January 11, 2018, 10:06am
Guest User
Quoted from pen penfras

Thank you pen penfras. Good post.

Reply: 99 - 167
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is there a price ??

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.