Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is there a price ??
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 143 Guests

Is there a price ??

This thread currently has 16,660 views. Print
17 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 All Recommend Thread
pen penfras
January 13, 2018, 10:40am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Bigdog

My first post on here was in February of the promotion season. It was prompted by being frustrated in Hurst's insistence of playing Disley and Nolan in a midfield two and playing Monkhouse, instead of putting Clay in there. Let's face it, the performances and results were hardly that of a promotion team in those two or three months. It seemed like Hurst had run out of ideas until that fateful injury. I'm sure Hurst learned a lot on that day in Braintree too. The rest they say is history. I now have less reservations about Hurst's ability and my perspective of him has changed. He has blossomed in a new working environment and it begs the new question, was he being held back at GTFC? We can never know for sure, but time and events can temper a view or even change an opinion. To call someone an idiot for changing their mind when the evidence changes is a bit off isn't it? Surely the idiot is the one who doesn't change his mind when evidence points to the contrary..

I'm not calling people idiots for changing their mind, I'm calling the people who hung a "Hurst out" banner over the M180 and the like idiots. My point about the mind changing is more about how the club can't win. They get beaten on for sticking with a manager that ultimately got us promoted and now get beaten on for letting him go.

This is my point about negativity. It's goes beyond critical when everything is criticised by the same people whatever the decision.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 160 - 167
Bigdog
January 13, 2018, 11:22am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from pen penfras

I'm not calling people idiots for changing their mind, I'm calling the people who hung a "Hurst out" banner over the M180 and the like idiots. My point about the mind changing is more about how the club can't win. They get beaten on for sticking with a manager that ultimately got us promoted and now get beaten on for letting him go.

This is my point about negativity. It's goes beyond critical when everything is criticised by the same people whatever the decision.

I'll agree with you about fans using hindsight to criticise the club regarding Hurst.

The problem is that you're using a very unique example and trying to lump everything else into the "club can't win whatever it does" pot  There's a litany of mistakes and failures that the club have made that could have easily been avoided with a bit of common sense or if it had the mindset, skills, or ability to address them properly..

The one person the club can't afford to kid or dismiss is the paying customer and especially the customer who has decided to stop paying..

It's delusional to offer more of the same, refuse help that is offered, and plough on with a very narrow entrenched bunker mentality mindset..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 161 - 167
bluebottle
January 13, 2018, 11:30am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +459
Pen penfras. Or translated " head cod " you are not our old friend John Fenty are you.
Private Message
Reply: 162 - 167
fleabag1970
January 13, 2018, 11:31am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
2700 today if you are lucky .. . Too late to start slagging off a tiny minority of fans for past indiscretions . The club's failure to learn from past mistakes is going to cost the club again . This time the fans are going too leave you to it though ... even charging 5 quid a game isn't gonna save you this time .

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 163 - 167
Bigdog
January 13, 2018, 11:36am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from fleabag1970
2700 today if you are lucky .. . Too late to start slagging off a tiny minority of fans for past indiscretions . The club's failure to learn from past mistakes is going to cost the club again . This time the fans are going too leave you to it though ... even charging 5 quid a game isn't gonna save you this time .

Free tickets to schools should get it over 3k today..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 164 - 167
MuddyWaters
January 13, 2018, 12:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Bigdog

Free tickets to schools should get it over 3k today..

What? They get a free GTFC ticket if they're badly behaved?
Private Message
Reply: 165 - 167
grimsby pete
January 13, 2018, 12:55pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from OneLove

Considering you say you aren't john you know an awful lot about john?

Ascend can spell.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 166 - 167
TAGG
January 13, 2018, 12:59pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,975
Gold Stars: 123
Quoted from bluebottle
Pen penfras. Or translated " head cod " you are not our old friend John Fenty are you.

More like Mrs Fenty 👍

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 167 - 167
17 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is there a price ??

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.