Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is there a price ??
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 227 Guests

Is there a price ??

This thread currently has 16,684 views. Print
17 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Bigdog
January 11, 2018, 6:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from pen penfras

Our average attendance was 5259 on the back of success on the pitch. After a successful season, it's normal to have an increase in support the following year. At the end of the season the attendances dropped down to the low to mid 4000s when we weren't doing so well. Your implication is that fans are staying away because of their dislike for JF and the board. But in reality, it's the poor form and dire performances. If we win the next 3 games then fans will start coming back.

Quoting my post exactly, I said.. "but it's the fans that are being polarised by the actions and views of the board," ie keeping Slade on, Fan's Forum, Bragate, Vile, Bullies, Matt Dean, etc..

And here we go, the old "we do our PR on the pitch" message in a different form. If you don't think there's deeper problems than solely what happens on the pitch, you're kidding yourself.. There's a massive loss of trust and faith to consider..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 167
MuddyWaters
January 11, 2018, 6:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from pen penfras

That's not the point though. The fans turn up based on performances on the pitch far more than anything else. It's a tiny minority that stay away for other reasons.

Don't think it was a 'tiny minority' that stayed away from Chuckatrade?
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 167
MuddyWaters
January 11, 2018, 6:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from pen penfras

That's not the point though. The fans turn up based on performances on the pitch far more than anything else. It's a tiny minority that stay away for other reasons.

Said it before, I know loads of people who refuse to walk through the gates at BP because they don't want to prop up your regime. This is the problem that you are failing to get your heads around - your decisions have alienated hundreds if not thousands of Town fans.
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 167
OneLove
January 11, 2018, 6:54pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from pen penfras

Our average attendance was 5259 on the back of success on the pitch. After a successful season, it's normal to have an increase in support the following year. At the end of the season the attendances dropped down to the low to mid 4000s when we weren't doing so well. Your implication is that fans are staying away because of their dislike for JF and the board. But in reality, it's the poor form and dire performances. If we win the next 3 games then fans will start coming back.

I think theres a bit more too it than that, I for one and I know plenty of others that won't be coming back if we win the next three games. Its a stand we all have to take together, either in or out!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 167
pen penfras
January 11, 2018, 6:55pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Said it before, I know loads of people who refuse to walk through the gates at BP because they don't want to prop up your regime. This is the problem that you are failing to get your heads around - your decisions have alienated hundreds if not thousands of Town fans.

Who do you think I am saying "your decisions?" I'm not associated with the club in any way, I don't even live anywhere near Grimsby anymore. I know you're struggling to get your head around it, but not all people share the opinion that the "regime" must go. It's a bit pathetic to be calling me Steve, a Fenty stooge and saying I've been sent here to beat the drum. I only posted because I'm sick of reading the pathetic, narrow minded views I read on here daily and wanted to add some balance to the problem.

Unfortunately, as humans, we don't tend to say much when we feel happy or indifferent about a situation. It's when we're unhappy when we take to complaining and stating how we feel, which is partly why people feel there is a large contingent agreeing with their position on here and other media forms. We're all unhappy with what's going on on the pitch, but I haven't heard a majority of supporters I know being dead against the regime. The ones that are, were always the most fickle and we used to ignore them, now they go on social media and feel galvanised that they're not the only ones, so spout it more.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 167
Swansea_Mariner
January 11, 2018, 7:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,430
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from pen penfras

Who do you think I am saying "your decisions?" I'm not associated with the club in any way, I don't even live anywhere near Grimsby anymore. I know you're struggling to get your head around it, but not all people share the opinion that the "regime" must go. It's a bit pathetic to be calling me Steve, a Fenty stooge and saying I've been sent here to beat the drum. I only posted because I'm sick of reading the pathetic, narrow minded views I read on here daily and wanted to add some balance to the problem.

Unfortunately, as humans, we don't tend to say much when we feel happy or indifferent about a situation. It's when we're unhappy when we take to complaining and stating how we feel, which is partly why people feel there is a large contingent agreeing with their position on here and other media forms. We're all unhappy with what's going on on the pitch, but I haven't heard a majority of supporters I know being dead against the regime. The ones that are, were always the most fickle and we used to ignore them, now they go on social media and feel galvanised that they're not the only ones, so spout it more.

So if I flip the question around perhaps you could tell me what positive things the present "regime" have done in the last decade that has earned your support. Perhaps  you can convince me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 167
MuddyWaters
January 11, 2018, 7:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from pen penfras

Well, if you don't live round here, I don't think you are qualified to comment on the increasing discontent towards the board. I take it you also approve of the board's stance on Checkatrade, Matt Dean, 'Bragate' etc etc
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 167
Badger57
January 11, 2018, 7:25pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,894
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

So if I flip the question around perhaps you could tell me what positive things the present "regime" have done in the last decade that has earned your support. Perhaps  you can convince me.

I was going to get the popcorn but then I thought, "Nah, this won't take long."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 167
OneLove
January 11, 2018, 7:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

id like to know this too!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 167
rancido
January 11, 2018, 7:26pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,527
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from LH
When I sell my car eventually I want the full price I paid for it originally, the money back I’ve spent on stuff like tyres, fuel and screenwash to keep it running and the people who I’ve driven around in it to shut up. The fact I’ve taken it off road and ragged it about, let it rust and given it to crap mechanics to repair it doesn’t matter - I should be able to recoup everything I’ve spent on it.

So if you sell your house then you only want what you paid for it? My parents bought their house in 1932 for £350 but when the estate was wound up in 1989 the property was worth £30,000. Should the Administrators of the will sold the property for £350 or £30,000 ?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 167
17 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is there a price ??

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.