Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Grimsby's MP Candidates views on Peaks Parkway
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 176 Guests

Grimsby's MP Candidates views on Peaks Parkway

This thread currently has 13,395 views. Print
10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Trawler
February 21, 2015, 12:25am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
For those interested in how the future MP of Grimsby sees things I tweeted the Con, Lab, Lib and Green candidates. (I left out UKIP  after their recent Tioxide Huntsman site farago.)

I asked where they stood on relocation to Peaks Parkway.

Here are the replies so far:

First to reply. Vicky Dunn, Green Party......
@Trawler_ Renew existing stadium. Out of town shops on allotments not way to go.

Second to reply: Marc Jones, Conservative....
@Trawler_ a new stadium is needed. Trust in the planning system 1/2
Public need consulting and community must be considered 2/2

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
chaos33
February 21, 2015, 12:33am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
So, well informed, lucid and engaging views from those elected members then. Well worth the effort.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 95
Trawler
February 21, 2015, 1:27am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
It's twitter. What do you expect?

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 95
AlanPoutonsTackle
February 21, 2015, 8:47am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +57
Do you know what. I'm bored of this stadium stuff and either get on with it or not. my understanding was that we finally got the Great Coates go ahead and it fell down because the council authorised another shopping complex. I haven't seen that happen but now were planning same in town centre which will create traffic problems on a Saturday. But regardless of that the stadium thing is longer running than an Eastenders whodunit and it all feels like a big fat here we go again.

"With a minute to go Buckley said keep it in the corner, I thought he meant the top corner." - Jim Dobbin
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 95
chaos33
February 21, 2015, 9:06am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Trawler
It's twitter. What do you expect?

I expect Politicians to be well informed - especially if they are going to speak publicly and represent constituents on issues. Those remarks from Vicky Dunn of the Greens show that she's not even in possession of some of the basic facts.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 95
buckstown
February 21, 2015, 9:26am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,121
Gold Stars: 77
No member of a major political party will give you a personal opinion for fear of upsetting voters. That's why most of us have lost all faith in them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 95
jock dock tower
February 21, 2015, 9:56am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
I assume I'm not the only Town fan who is horrified by the thought of actually leaving Blundell Park for a soul less meccano type flat pack stadium that will have no history or culture at all associated with it?

The new stadium seems to be John Fenty's attempt at leaving a legacy, but I for one don't buy it. Blundell Park used to be one of the most atmospheric grounds around, a place where opposing teams used to fear going to. I understand it's not that now, but there's no reason why it shouldn't be so again some time in the future. It worked well enough, and no problems with parking etc, despite crowds regularly into 5 figures.

Tell me please, someone, exactly what the rational arguments for relocation are, as to me they make no sense at all. A change at the helm and a fresh injection of boardroom talent could prove every bit as beneficial.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 95
chaos33
February 21, 2015, 10:11am
Barley Wine Drinker
If we stay at Blundell Park we'll become insolvent.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 95
chaos33
February 21, 2015, 10:12am
Barley Wine Drinker
I seem to have attracted two negatives for suggesting that politicians should have some knowledge!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 95
moosey_club
February 21, 2015, 10:34am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from chaos33
I seem to have attracted two negatives for suggesting that politicians should have some knowledge!

With modern politicians i dont think its a prerequisite.....tow the party line, have a poker face, never give a committed answer, remain ambigious at all times and last but not least be skilled in answering any question faced by pointing out the failings of someone else.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 95
10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Grimsby's MP Candidates views on Peaks Parkway

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.