Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Grimsby's MP Candidates views on Peaks Parkway
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 255 Guests

Grimsby's MP Candidates views on Peaks Parkway

This thread currently has 13,444 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Trawler
February 22, 2015, 10:30am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
@itsmarcjones: .@biccysthefishy @officialgtfc @Trawler_  The club needs a new ground IN Grimsby. Solution must be found. It's a must for Grimsby

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 95
barralad
February 22, 2015, 10:42am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,268
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Trawler
@itsmarcjones: .@biccysthefishy @officialgtfc @Trawler_  The club needs a new ground IN Grimsby. Solution must be found. It's a must for Grimsby

Well it won't make me vote for him...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 95
AlanPoutonsTackle
February 22, 2015, 12:49pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +57
Quoted from AlanPoutonsTackle
Do you know what. I'm bored of this stadium stuff and either get on with it or not. my understanding was that we finally got the Great Coates go ahead and it fell down because the council authorised another shopping complex. I haven't seen that happen but now were planning same in town centre which will create traffic problems on a Saturday. But regardless of that the stadium thing is longer running than an Eastenders whodunit and it all feels like a big fat here we go again.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/humber/6298671.stm

So we forget about this and move on. We have no control over club finances and councillors opinion. I'm interested in the football on the pitch. This is the clubs business to just get on with it. I have completed the survey and recommended the move but until the building work starts. Not interested

"With a minute to go Buckley said keep it in the corner, I thought he meant the top corner." - Jim Dobbin
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 95
highcliff mariner
February 22, 2015, 1:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/humber/6298671.stm

So we forget about this and move on. We have no control over club finances and councillors opinion. I'm interested in the football on the pitch. This is the clubs business to just get on with it. I have completed the survey and recommended the move but until the building work starts. Not interested

We know your not interested , you've already ( as you've pointed out) told us .

Just been up to the site ( wish I'd took a coat)  I like the. Look of it , and hope the club and those who are interested can make it happen .
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 95
AlanPoutonsTackle
February 22, 2015, 2:00pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from highcliff mariner

We know your not interested , you've already ( as you've pointed out) told us .

Just been up to the site ( wish I'd took a coat)  I like the. Look of it , and hope the club and those who are interested can make it happen .

Yes and got a number of crosses for being a little cynical when suddenly nearly twenty years after the long hard trail began that was great Coates that here we are again with another site that is opposed, that won't be as accessible as Great Coates was for traffic and you are another grabbed hook line and sinker. I am interested if it comes about matey, been there done that. Did you learn anything from your trot to the allotments.

"With a minute to go Buckley said keep it in the corner, I thought he meant the top corner." - Jim Dobbin
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 95
highcliff mariner
February 22, 2015, 2:05pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778

Yes and got a number of crosses for being a little cynical when suddenly nearly twenty years after the long hard trail began that was great Coates that here we are again with another site that is opposed, that won't be as accessible as Great Coates was for traffic and you are another grabbed hook line and sinker. I am interested if it comes about matey, been there done that. Did you learn anything from your trot to the allotments.

Whatever I learned. , it will be more than you've learned by not going ?
But I don't suppose it matters , cos your not interested .
UTM
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 95
AlanPoutonsTackle
February 22, 2015, 3:23pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from highcliff mariner

Whatever I learned. , it will be more than you've learned by not going ?
But I don't suppose it matters , cos your not interested .
UTM

That'll be a NO then.

Private Message
Reply: 36 - 95
Trawler
February 23, 2015, 11:32am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
Here's Melanie Onn's (Lab candidate) viewpoint (she preferred not to debate the matter on twitter):

https://www.facebook.com/Melanie4Grimsby/posts/339566372901517

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 95
psgmariner
February 23, 2015, 12:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Trawler
Here's Melanie Onn's (Lab candidate) viewpoint (she preferred not to debate the matter on twitter):

https://www.facebook.com/Melanie4Grimsby/posts/339566372901517

Swoon. I like her.

Private Message
Reply: 38 - 95
grimsby pete
February 23, 2015, 1:33pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
What other event would see 1,000 Grimsby people past and present journey down to London to support a non league event,( or equivalent )

Grimsby Town FC is the biggest  thing in a lot of people's lives,

With a new stadium there will be no limit to how far this great club could go,

If we get to the play off final there will be over 20,000 Grimsby fans showing the country what a great set of people we are.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 95
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Grimsby's MP Candidates views on Peaks Parkway

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.