Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Grimsby's MP Candidates views on Peaks Parkway
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 248 Guests

Grimsby's MP Candidates views on Peaks Parkway

This thread currently has 13,460 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
February 21, 2015, 3:59pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548

Think thats more of a problem to do with the overpriced poor quality new houses they build these days though, im renting a danes close house at the minute, and no offence if anyone owns one but the quality of the build is so poor these won't last more than 30 years, and ive had an offer on a house accepted now, and when we was looking at houses, new builds didn't compare to older houses in terms of quality, space and storage, and other factors, and yet this small terraced, 2 up 2 down with a small patio garden would set you back over 100k, coupled with the fact that people can't afford mortgages these days and the rates if you go with the help to buy scheme can be ridiculous

Spot on. They were built at the height of the boom and most were thrown up. The right houses at the right price will sell or go for rent no problem. I've worked on many sites where all the houses are sold before they are even built. There is a lack of affordable housing and the council can make this happen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 95
rancido
February 21, 2015, 4:08pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,572
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Trawler
For those interested in how the future MP of Grimsby sees things I tweeted the Con, Lab, Lib and Green candidates. (I left out UKIP  after their recent Tioxide Huntsman site farago.)

I asked where they stood on relocation to Peaks Parkway.

Here are the replies so far:

First to reply. Vicky Dunn, Green Party......
@Trawler_ Renew existing stadium. Out of town shops on allotments not way to go.

Second to reply: Marc Jones, Conservative....
@Trawler_ a new stadium is needed. Trust in the planning system 1/2
Public need consulting and community must be considered 2/2

Those allotments are only 50% occupied FFS!. I don't know how many plots are there, probably less than 100, but there are also plenty of spare plots off Weelsby Road. The new ground will bring pleasure to thousands and certainly shouldn't be jeopardized by less than 50 people who do have an alternative site not very far away.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 95
ginnywings
February 21, 2015, 6:02pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Defreitas must be reading this thread judging by the amount of x's on it.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 95
ginnywings
February 21, 2015, 6:06pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from rancido

Those allotments are only 50% occupied FFS!. I don't know how many plots are there, probably less than 100, but there are also plenty of spare plots off Weelsby Road. The new ground will bring pleasure to thousands and certainly shouldn't be jeopardized by less than 50 people who do have an alternative site not very far away.

There are scores of empty allotments at the end of my street. Nobody wants them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 95
barralad
February 21, 2015, 11:29pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from chaos33
I didn't say all politicians are the same. I said they should know something about the issues they remark publicly upon. The Green Party candidate is talking about putting shops on allotments FFS.

Mate:- She's not that far out is she? I haven't heard anything to say that Town aren't still looking at the possibility of an anchor retail partner for the whole shebang and I thought we were all agreed the allotments would be severely affected. Oh and I'm not a green supporter....

Where she and I would go our separate ways is over her view of the alternative..

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 95
barralad
February 21, 2015, 11:34pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from realist
With Hurst as manager we would die at any ground.
I live on Scartho top, after all these years its not even half finished.they cant sell the houses. This doesnt support the argument that we must increase the housing stock. Put the new ground here and scrap the houses .Sorted

How does Hurst get brought into a thread like this...what is happening with this new ground (or not as the case may be) will affect GTFC for many, many years after the current manager has moved on...

As for the houses on Scartho Top-perhaps it is the area that puts people off. I too live in Scaffa and I don't recall any similar sale issues with the developments in Shaw Drive etc.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 95
arryarryarry
February 22, 2015, 5:34am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
Suggestions we can stay at BP just fly in the face of modern football economics.  BP is decrepit and prohibitively expensive to redevelop now.  It gives the club next to no non-matchday income and is poorly set up to maximise non-ticket revenue on match days too.

If Grimsby is to grow and prosper, it needs more industry, more housing and therefore more community amenities.  The current BP set up fails to address any of these factors whilst a new ground might at least go some way to doing that.  Now of course, we can all think of locations that might be better for a new ground in an ideal world.  However, the club has explored these options and PP is now the only viable option after the council reneged on its support for Great Coates.  If the club is to survive, it's the ONLY option.

I may have missed it but where is the extra income coming from a new stadium other than increased support hopefully.

I'm not against a new ground but my understanding is that it will be a community stadium owned by the Council or some other body so any other non match day income would go to them. Surely we would just be tenants?
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 95
February 22, 2015, 7:06am
Guest User
Quoted from Trawler
For those interested in how the future MP of Grimsby sees things I tweeted the Con, Lab, Lib and Green candidates. (I left out UKIP  after their recent Tioxide Huntsman site farago.)

I asked where they stood on relocation to Peaks Parkway.

Here are the replies so far:

First to reply. Vicky Dunn, Green Party......
@Trawler_ Renew existing stadium. Out of town shops on allotments not way to go.

Second to reply: Marc Jones, Conservative....
@Trawler_ a new stadium is needed. Trust in the planning system 1/2
Public need consulting and community must be considered 2/2

Hippy's like this clown would still have us in the stone age.
Reply: 27 - 95
Theimperialcoroner
February 22, 2015, 8:55am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,187
Gold Stars: 102
Marc Jones was forced into a corner on Twitter and came out in favour of ground. I thought he'd put up more of a fight though. Mind you, he's got as much chance of getting in to power as the Green candidate.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 95
Trawler
February 22, 2015, 9:42am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Marc Jones was forced into a corner on Twitter and came out in favour of ground. I thought he'd put up more of a fight though. Mind you, he's got as much chance of getting in to power as the Green candidate.

The tweets with Marc Jones carried on with @trevorhewsongy

@trevhewsongy: @itsmarcjones @Trawler_ @ChrisParkerNo6 @VickyDunnGreen @OnnMel @stevebeasant @officialgtfc Fencesitters of the World, Unite & Take Over???

@itsmarcjones: @trevhewsongy @Trawler_ I'm sure this will come up in live debates. No sitting then

@trevhewsongy: @itsmarcjones So if then, why not now? Surely about progress for the town?

@itsmarcjones: @trevhewsongy of course it is. Can't really debate fully in 140 characters

@trevhewsongy: @itsmarcjones @Trawler_ Not sure it's even a debate. Quite simply GY must have stadium

@itsmarcjones: it should without doubt.

Then Vicky Dunn came back:

@VickyDunnGreen: @DavideSands @Trawler_ @OnnMel @stevebeasant @officialgtfc more out of town shops will kill town centre. Parkway was promised no side roads.

I think the live debates will be too late for the local plan.

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 95
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Grimsby's MP Candidates views on Peaks Parkway

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.