Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Grimsby's MP Candidates views on Peaks Parkway
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 232 Guests

Grimsby's MP Candidates views on Peaks Parkway

This thread currently has 13,461 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
jock dock tower
February 21, 2015, 10:35am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Quoted from chaos33
If we stay at Blundell Park we'll become insolvent.

But why? It can only be because of the financial strictures we are currently working under the existing boardroom regime. Or am I genuinely missing something?

I think you'll find that there are some politicians who have considerable knowledge about their field of excellence, as well - of course - as the careerist fly by nights who see becoming an MP as a lucrative first step on a career in the city making gazillions out of the links they made at Westminster, especially if they were ministers. If you go down the slippery road of thinking all politicians are the same then you might as well give up the right to vote.....

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 95
chaos33
February 21, 2015, 10:59am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
I didn't say all politicians are the same. I said they should know something about the issues they remark publicly upon. The Green Party candidate is talking about putting shops on allotments FFS.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 95
HackneyHaddock
February 21, 2015, 11:18am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
Suggestions we can stay at BP just fly in the face of modern football economics.  BP is decrepit and prohibitively expensive to redevelop now.  It gives the club next to no non-matchday income and is poorly set up to maximise non-ticket revenue on match days too.

If Grimsby is to grow and prosper, it needs more industry, more housing and therefore more community amenities.  The current BP set up fails to address any of these factors whilst a new ground might at least go some way to doing that.  Now of course, we can all think of locations that might be better for a new ground in an ideal world.  However, the club has explored these options and PP is now the only viable option after the council reneged on its support for Great Coates.  If the club is to survive, it's the ONLY option.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 95
chaos33
February 21, 2015, 12:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
Precisely.

I'm sorry, I thought these facts were well established and widely understood, having been discussed many times in various media outlets, including on here. I didn't realise that there were some people who still say 'remain at BP and develop it'.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 95
horsforthmariner
February 21, 2015, 1:01pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,610
Gold Stars: 9
The Greens are basically anti business and frankly a bunch of loons so her view is not surprising

In essence though MPs aren't actually important it's Councillors that make the decision.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 95
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 21, 2015, 2:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Politics is politics at the end if the day. You don't have your own opinion, you are basically trying to appease every single voter. The day when there is a yes/no questionnaire (black and white) for the politicians is the day you get answers instead of, 'it's not a yes or no answer' from the politician.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 95
Mrs Doyle
February 21, 2015, 2:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from horsforthmariner
The Greens are basically anti business and frankly a bunch of loons so her view is not surprising

In essence though MPs aren't actually important it's Councillors that make the decision.

So Fenty as a vested interest then lets hope he's made some friends in the council lol

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 95
ginnywings
February 21, 2015, 3:02pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,112
Gold Stars: 548
We can't keep hanging onto the past. We need a new stadium and the town needs new housing stock, so let's get on with it and drag ourselves into the 21st century. There will always be people opposed to anything new, whatever it is. People don't like change but we/they will get used to it in time. BP is a ramshackle bunch of mismatched stands with varying degrees of neglect and poor amenities. It is also in a terrible location. To update it is folly as refurbishment is far more expensive than building from new, so there's no point.

To tie it into a larger scheme of housing development with other amenities such as shops and pubs/restaurants is a sensible approach if we want a new stadium without much if any outlay from ourselves. If land is freed up for developers, they will be falling over themselves to get on board. It just needs the council to get their fingers out and push on.

We are slowly dying at BP.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 95
realist
February 21, 2015, 3:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,684
Gold Stars: 41
With Hurst as manager we would die at any ground.
I live on Scartho top, after all these years its not even half finished.they cant sell the houses. This doesnt support the argument that we must increase the housing stock. Put the new ground here and scrap the houses .Sorted
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 95
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
February 21, 2015, 3:44pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from realist
With Hurst as manager we would die at any ground.
I live on Scartho top, after all these years its not even half finished.they cant sell the houses. This doesnt support the argument that we must increase the housing stock. Put the new ground here and scrap the houses .Sorted

Think thats more of a problem to do with the overpriced poor quality new houses they build these days though, im renting a danes close house at the minute, and no offence if anyone owns one but the quality of the build is so poor these won't last more than 30 years, and ive had an offer on a house accepted now, and when we was looking at houses, new builds didn't compare to older houses in terms of quality, space and storage, and other factors, and yet this small terraced, 2 up 2 down with a small patio garden would set you back over 100k, coupled with the fact that people can't afford mortgages these days and the rates if you go with the help to buy scheme can be ridiculous
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 95
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Grimsby's MP Candidates views on Peaks Parkway

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.