Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Grimsby's MP Candidates views on Peaks Parkway
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 183 Guests

Grimsby's MP Candidates views on Peaks Parkway

This thread currently has 13,397 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
sonik
February 27, 2015, 1:04pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Quite interesting seeing people`s different views and especially Town fans who DONT want the move or any move from BP. I personally along with what seems the majority would love to see it built on the Docks or Freemo and think it would be better for traffic but for whatever reason the option is Peaks Parkway and people just don't seem able to grasp it? I blame the Council for all this as they were the ones who said Great Coates was the best option after a long winded feasibility study that cost the Club money it could ill afford. The feasibility study should have wiped King George,The Docks,Freemo,BP and all other locations from the mix and once it was agreed that Great Coates or Peaks Parkway was the place they should have helped the Club deliver.The Scartho Baths fiasco sums them up perfectly NOT A CLUE.

Retail enabling or developing must be part of this wherever it goes. The Docks and Freemo just don't and can't help with this. That's what people aren't grasping in my view.

UTM!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 95
psgmariner
February 27, 2015, 1:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33
I remember hearing ABP would want too much for land on the docks.

What's the problem with Freemo? Seem ripe for retail development. I grasp the fact that people keep telling me things are impossible but I am not sure any of the reasons why have been explained.

Private Message
Reply: 91 - 95
Maringer
February 27, 2015, 1:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,141
Gold Stars: 180
The problem with Freemo is that you'd have to flatten dozens and dozens of privately-owned properties and I expect the majority the owners of these probably don't want to sell up and have their property bulldozed. It's a built-up road with pretty much no open areas anywhere.

I can't imagine it would be anything except eye-wateringly expensive to try and redevelop this area in comparison to a 'green field' location.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 95
1mickylyons
February 27, 2015, 2:02pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,261
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from sonik

Retail enabling or developing must be part of this wherever it goes. The Docks and Freemo just don't and can't help with this. That's what people aren't grasping in my view.

UTM!

I cant see why Peaks Parkway is any better or worse than the Docks/Freemo area unless were talking about the edge of Town developments that are now all the rage? The Government have been saying for years brownbelt should be redeveloped and greenbelt left alone and I can see and sympathise with people who argue from that angle. However and I harp back to that is no fault of GTFC because they want a ground it`s the fault of those who oversaw the so called feasibility study and decreed firstly Great Coates and now Peaks Parkway to be the most suitable site.Peaks Parkway ticks the vast majority of boxes as a fan of GTFC and a Grimbarian lets get it built.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 95
1mickylyons
February 27, 2015, 2:13pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,261
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from Maringer
The problem with Freemo is that you'd have to flatten dozens and dozens of privately-owned properties and I expect the majority the owners of these probably don't want to sell up and have their property bulldozed. It's a built-up road with pretty much no open areas anywhere.

I can't imagine it would be anything except eye-wateringly expensive to try and redevelop this area in comparison to a 'green field' location.

If you get chance have a gander down Railway St I don't often venture that way but due to the latest balls up with roadworks at Riby SQ ive been going that way and quite a build up is developing.Regardless of football stadiums Freemo needs pulling down and redeveloping it`s just a totally dead area and has been for over 25 years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 95
rancido
February 27, 2015, 7:37pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 92
Quoted from 1mickylyons

If you get chance have a gander down Railway St I don't often venture that way but due to the latest balls up with roadworks at Riby SQ ive been going that way and quite a build up is developing.Regardless of football stadiums Freemo needs pulling down and redeveloping it`s just a totally dead area and has been for over 25 years.

JF explained that the Freemo area was a complete no-go because there are too many landowners involved - the areas acquisition would be too complicated. The Docks keep getting mentioned but once again you have to buy the land off ABP and they don't usually sell land. With the upsurge in Wind Farm interest I'm sure ABP will want to hang on to all they have in the docks area in view of attracting future investment in the renewable industry.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 95
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Grimsby's MP Candidates views on Peaks Parkway

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.