12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Garth
September 18, 2014, 10:37pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Could be proved wrong again but the new guy when he starts Saturday will be blowing out of his rse come half time if he has no match time in his pocket,  and it will be down to A another to fill the gap, maybe one of the youngsters or the much maligned Bignot
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 112
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 18, 2014, 10:37pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from rancido

Maybe Dave can give his views on this and then you can see it from an ex pro who came through the system. As a point of interest Dave Boylen ( according to the History of Grimsby Town) made his debut for town when he was 19 in May 1967 for the last but one game of the season and then the last game of the season.  It was only in November 1967 that he became an established first teamer by which time he was 20. So not as young as is being suggested.

Thank you for that. I will sub the aged Dave Boylen and bring on 16 year old Kevin Drinkell.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 112
fiveallive
September 18, 2014, 10:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
The most frustrating issue with Winfarrah and Walker is they have both played well in games where injuries have meant they have had to come on to the pitch and they haven't been terrible where they can't be trusted. Bignot said on the radio before Lincoln game that he had a injury so he's not fit. Danny Parslow a big lad can handle himself in this league keeps us ticking over and is a utility player so he can play in a few positions.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 112
Marinerz93
September 18, 2014, 10:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Perkins

Quoted from jonnyboy82

well ok I will simplify it for you ...

can you show me this imaginary post were as you put it "knocking a player before he has even played and no wonder no one wants to come here" ?

yep there isn't one, just you and a few other rose tinters trying to justify we need another defender

Like I said , not referring to any of YOUR posts in particular, as they are usually too grammatically mystifying to read, but you will find many instances on various threads that whenever we sign or bring in a player on loan he, or the Manager has been judged before he has even played. And I,m sure many of us would rather view events through "rose tinters" than than through the gloom of a rectal hole.

Never happens at any other club, it must be a Grimsby thing.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 112
arryarryarry
September 19, 2014, 9:32am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Perkins

Like I said , not referring to any of YOUR posts in particular, as they are usually too grammatically mystifying to read, but you will find many instances on various threads that whenever we sign or bring in a player on loan he, or the Manager has been judged before he has even played. And I,m sure many of us would rather view events through "rose tinters" than than through the gloom of a rectal hole.

The same comment can be levelled at the rose tinted brigade.

There is at least one comment on here "a good signing" and recently Toto when he signed was lamented as being great if I remember correctly, but recent performances haven't been that great have they?

No one knows how good a player will be until he pulls on the black & white shirt and steps out on the field.

Private Message
Reply: 94 - 112
biggles9999
September 19, 2014, 12:15pm
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
For all those players quoting the if your good enough your old enough phrase, you are correct, but to back this up by listing players such as Drinkell and Bennett is a little extreme. You are talking about players who appear at a club of Grimsby size on a fairly small basis and went onto play at the top level.

If we are going to judge all of Town's youngsters by this standard then 99% will be on a hiding to nothing.

I also saw people quoting Raheem Sterling being played at a young age. Last season Brendan Rodgers signed Victor Moses on loan because he didnt feel Sterling was good enough. Sterling only got a place in the team around Xmas time (a 3-1 defeat at Hull) and he kicked on from there. Whos to say that the young kids arent good enough now, only a month into the season, but they wont be a little further down the line after time to learn?

All young players develop at different paces and I would hate to see some of the short termism being employed by many on this thread by those running GTFC.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 112
forza ivano
September 19, 2014, 12:19pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,140
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Abdul19
Winfarrah was brought on at 4-0 v Alfreton.

wtf abdul? ruining a perfectly good anti-hurst rant with a fact? you can't do that.

boo hurst boo!! is what you need to be posting
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 112
MuddyWaters
September 19, 2014, 12:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from biggles9999

All young players develop at different paces and I would hate to see some of the short termism being employed by many on this thread by those running GTFC.

So how many youth players have Hurst or Hurst & Scott given a chance and are still here?
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 112
Maringer
September 19, 2014, 12:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from MuddyWaters

So how many youth players have Hurst or Hurst & Scott given a chance and are still here?

How many of the youth players who have left the club in recent seasons have gone on to have successful careers either in our division or in higher leagues?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 112
oldun
September 19, 2014, 12:52pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Fa trophy and fa cup games will soon be upon us, opportunities for the younger players to gain more experience I would suggest. Apart from his lack iof games recently this fella has good experience in a number of defensive positions and given Boyce is not available to us looks like a useful addition if fit. Look how Magnay has turned out another like him will suit me fine. We need Toto back in the middle and I hope Doig is giving him some good coaching sessions to iron out his occasional errors.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 112
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dan Parslow signs on loan

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.