12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Abdul19
September 18, 2014, 4:35pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,555
Gold Stars: 216
Must be loads, given the amount of times he's obviously watched York!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 112
The Yard Dog
September 18, 2014, 4:48pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,497
Gold Stars: 74
How many yellow cards are Pearson and Toto this season? Toto is on 4 and Pearson on 3
Brown is also on 3
So Toto is 1 yellow card away from a 1 match ban

Yes need a striker or 2, but still Boyce left we have been leaking too many goals. If we can get our defenders playing in their correct positions and stop conceding silly goals. In recent games we have conceded first and have had to chase the game.

We are a defender and 2 strikers away from a good team
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 112
denni266
September 18, 2014, 4:50pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +696
Gold Stars: 132
I wouldnt expect Hurst to play the youngsters just yet while he still thinks he has a chance of the playoffs, . maybe in 3/4 games when he realises ho has blown it again
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 112
barralad
September 18, 2014, 4:52pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from brad_gtfc
We've conceded poor goals since Boyce went back so for me this is a good signing, on paper.
Now just a striker please Mr.Hurst.

We have conceded 6 goals in the last four games-all of them down to defensive errors since Boyce went back to Scunny. All good teams are built from the back. None of us know whether this new lad will be able to do the business but if our defensively experienced manager-who incidentally was instrumental in bringing Pond, Boyce, Toto etc. to the club thinks it's a good move then it is certainly worth backing that judgement.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 112
barralad
September 18, 2014, 4:55pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from denni266
I wouldnt expect Hurst to play the youngsters just yet while he still thinks he has a chance of the playoffs, . maybe in 3/4 games when he realises ho has blown it again

What's with this "again" nonsense? Do you hibernate during late April early May?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 112
GrimRob
September 18, 2014, 5:10pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from kingster72
Clueless Hurst at it again, when has Walker, or Winfarrah ever let us down?

I suspect he has more of a clue then you do, since he works with them every day.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 45 - 112
ginnywings
September 18, 2014, 5:12pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,119
Gold Stars: 548
So, we've signed a utility defender on his way back from a cruciate ligament injury who hasn't played a game this season, on a month loan.

Great stuff.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 112
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 18, 2014, 5:16pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from GrimRob

I suspect he has more of a clue then you do, since he works with them every day.

And more of a clue than I do as well. But I would re-iterate that if they are not going to be used to fill gaps at this stage of the season, what are they doing here and why are they being shoved down the pecking order by a loanee who has hardly set foot on a pitch this season? Seems a reasonable question to me.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 112
GrimRob
September 18, 2014, 5:21pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113

And more of a clue than I do as well. But I would re-iterate that if they are not going to be used to fill gaps at this stage of the season, what are they doing here and why are they being shoved down the pecking order by a loanee who has hardly set foot on a pitch this season? Seems a reasonable question to me.

Yes I agree it's a good question but I am sure PH will have made this signing for a reason. He strikes me as a thoughtful, analytical person, he won't have signed him on a whim, and nobody knows how much it's costing us. If it costs the club peanuts then it might be a good deal to get an experienced player in. He might even have been signed to warm the bench, and those other guys could get in the team, we don't know yet.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 48 - 112
Perkins
September 18, 2014, 5:23pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
I see the experts are out in force again. Just can,t wait to knock a player before he has even played can we?
And we wonder why players don't want to come here.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 112
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dan Parslow signs on loan

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.