12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Grantham_Mariner
September 18, 2014, 3:57pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,177
Gold Stars: 50
Dan Parslow HAS NOT PLAYED A COMPETITIVE GAME SINCE THE LAST GAME OF LAST SEASON so can not see him being match fit. Would rather give Walker a chance or  even play Bignot !

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 112
jonnyboy82
September 18, 2014, 3:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
For all those convincing themselves we needed this signing we didn't and i have put a few different defences together to show on paper this is a bizarre signing..

well we have magnay
                     pearson
                     nsiala
                     winfarrah

or                walker
                   pearson
                   nsiala
                   magany

or               nsiala
                  pearson
                  doig
                  magnay

or              bignot
                 pearson
                 nsiala
                 magnay

or             walker
                doig
                pearson
                magnay

these are just a few combinations to show we didn't need a defender in the slightest and i appreciate a few of you will like to justify pauls decision because you like to stick by a slightly sinking ship but if you asked yourself seriously "did we need a defender" the serious answer is NO.

it truly is maybe pauls most desperate silly signing he has made to date.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 112
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 18, 2014, 4:09pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Maringer

Winfarrah has played less than 2 hours of Conference football. Walker has played a little over 2 hours of Conference football. Neither of these youngsters has played enough to prove themselves as yet. Each has made a number of appearances in the Trophy, but generally against lower-division teams. I'd imagine Hurst just doesn't think they are quite ready for a first team start just yet though I thought Winfarrah did reasonably well in his early season outing.

If Parslow is going to come in to play at right-back, it really does call into question the future of Bignot at the club.

Doesn't look as though either Winfarrah or Walker is likely to reach the 3 hour mark any time soon does it? Brings into question what the point is of keeping young players when we just end up sending them out on loan and then releasing them at the end of the season, prime example being Southwell. Either the lads are good enough to fill in a vacancy in the first team or they aren't. Seems utterly pointless.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 112
brad_gtfc
September 18, 2014, 4:11pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
Retracting my earlier comment here, abit.
Hurst sees alot more of Walker and Winfarrah in training than we do, so if he doesn't think they're ready then I will back him. But then it does beg the question if they're not ready, why are they on the books? As much as I want to see young lads come through and do well we are not position to carry players on contracts for the sake of things. The fact this lad hasn't played for a while does worry me a little. The defence definitely needs addressing, as for people complaining it's not a striker, I'm sure we can target players in different positions at the same time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 112
fiveallive
September 18, 2014, 4:13pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
In pre season PH said he had no problem putting Paul Walker in the team and that he's ready.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 112
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 18, 2014, 4:18pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from brad_gtfc
Retracting my earlier comment here, abit.
Hurst sees alot more of Walker and Winfarrah in training than we do, so if he doesn't think they're ready then I will back him. But then it does beg the question if they're not ready, why are they on the books? As much as I want to see young lads come through and do well we are not position to carry players on contracts for the sake of things. The fact this lad hasn't played for a while does worry me a little. The defence definitely needs addressing, as for people complaining it's not a striker, I'm sure we can target players in different positions at the same time.

I'm sure you are right Brad, PH does see the lads in training. He saw them in training last year and pre-season so he knows them well enough. I would definitely question why we are keeping young lads on at BP where they are never going to get a chance instead of letting them go somewhere else where a manager might have more faith in them. As for this bloke from York, is he going to be fit enough to last a full game if he hasn't played in the first team since last season? It all makes you wonder what on earth is going on.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 112
Abdul19
September 18, 2014, 4:20pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
Dan Parslow HAS NOT PLAYED A COMPETITIVE GAME SINCE THE LAST GAME OF LAST SEASON so can not see him being match fit. Would rather give Walker a chance...

How many competitive games has Walker played since the last game of last season?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 112
Grantham_Mariner
September 18, 2014, 4:28pm

Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from Abdul19

How many competitive games has Walker played since the last game of last season?

Never said Walker was match fit, just that I would give him a chance. How is he going to prove himself good enough unless he is given match time? If he plays and is not up to it then take a risk with a loan player (nothing against Parslow), but not before.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 112
Abdul19
September 18, 2014, 4:30pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
PH sees him every day.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 112
Grantham_Mariner
September 18, 2014, 4:33pm

Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from Abdul19
PH sees him every day.

But not in a match situation, how many times has he seen Parslow train or play?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 112
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dan Parslow signs on loan

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.