Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Lincoln's excuses for their lack of support
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 24 Guests

Lincoln's excuses for their lack of support

This thread currently has 23,137 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
December 23, 2011, 1:00pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
They are not as well supported and never really have been other than the odd Season so logically you would expect them to have less fans at a time when they are in there lowest position for over 20 years.However Helgy saying they have lost 40% of the fanbase is no different to us yet 75% that remain of our fanbase are travelling to Lincoln i dont follow is point?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 120
Helgy
December 23, 2011, 1:02pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
Quoted from Garth
[quote=446]

Just accept Lincoln fans are not as keen on the derby as you lot are,we regulary took 2.5k to Boston and Posh but don't to yours.
We do travel just not well to yours. [/quote
]

Rubbish! Helgy Ive read your comments on your message board, truth is you are a little bit embaressed by the difference in numbers as we would be if the situation was reversedl, come clean man we understand

Does it really matter what you take to another club? I can't do anything about how many Lincoln fans will travel across to BP so it really does not bother me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 120
Grantham_Mariner
December 23, 2011, 1:05pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,184
Gold Stars: 51
Our away support is so good because we seem to have far more "EXILES" than other clubs. At away games at Crawley last season and Salisbury this season it was hard to find anyone who actually lived in Grimsby (or Cleethorpes).

http://www.thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?v-map/

You only have to look at the map of where forum users live!

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 120
Helgy
December 23, 2011, 1:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons
They are not as well supported and never really have been other than the odd Season so logically you would expect them to have less fans at a time when they are in there lowest position for over 20 years.However Helgy saying they have lost 40% of the fanbase is no different to us yet 75% that remain of our fanbase are travelling to Lincoln i dont follow is point?

I don't know why but when we were taking 1400 max to yours the same season we were taking 2.5 to Posh and County or Boston.
I know you have lost the same amount of your fanbase to but for whatever reason we have never travelled well to GY.
What my point is the interest is not there and as we have lost 40% of the fanbase there will be less travelling,where as Grinsby have seen this as a massive game of importance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 120
December 23, 2011, 1:10pm
Guest User
Another urine poor excuse that it's a big for us because they are the only place close to us, where as they have notts, Mansfield, Boston...
They've not heard of Scunthorpe and hull then??
Looking forward to singing "your support is fxxxing shxt" on new years day.
Reply: 24 - 120
LH
December 23, 2011, 1:14pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,518
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from Helgy

Does it really matter what you take to another club? I can't do anything about how many Lincoln fans will travel across to BP so it really does not bother me.

A good start might be to stop asking fans not to travel here and give £10 to LCFC instead?
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 120
Helgy
December 23, 2011, 1:15pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from danny pacquiao
When did you last take 2.5k to a game? Any time this or last season? be interesting to see how many you take to mansfield aswell then. Face you have lost, whatever support you think you had, you are in a similar position in the league, yet are struggling to take half the amount we are.

We are well aware of the support we have lost,i was talking in relation to being in the league  ,we would take that amount to Posh,Boston or County.
Yet when we played you it was between 700 and 1400.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 120
ross1cod
December 23, 2011, 1:19pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -1
massive game of importance !!!!

so you lose both games,and that puts you in relegation mire.. i would say its pretty damn important to both clubs not to fall even further down the football pyramid.

i personally dont care how many lincoln bring here, their not my club,and i will be at both games no matter what league/position we are in, supporting the Team i love...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 120
1mickylyons
December 23, 2011, 1:21pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Helgy

I don't know why but when we were taking 1400 max to yours the same season we were taking 2.5 to Posh and County or Boston.
I know you have lost the same amount of your fanbase to but for whatever reason we have never travelled well to GY.
What my point is the interest is not there and as we have lost 40% of the fanbase there will be less travelling,where as Grinsby have seen this as a massive game of importance.

Yes but surely this Season when the fixtures came out as a Lincoln fan unless you were flying (unlikely with your budget) the only 2 away League games of intrest would be Mansfield and Grimsby and i suppose York at a push then when you look at the fact the Grimsby game is a bank holiday it should be a virtual sell out regardless of league position like it is for us at your place in my opinion?Also Grimsby fans have not seen this as a massive fixture at all they have seen it for exactly what it is a local derby and a chance to support there side away from home which had it been Wrexham for example it would not have ticked the boxes for people to travel and support there team.I thought day one when i saw the fixture lists and have repeated numerous times i thought the League had done Grimsby and Lincoln a big favour in terms of trying to get them both some valuable income with virtual full houses and the Lincoln lack of intrest astounds me personally?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 120
Helgy
December 23, 2011, 1:21pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from 2578
Another urine poor excuse that it's a big for us because they are the only place close to us, where as they have notts, Mansfield, Boston...
They've not heard of Scunthorpe and hull then??
Looking forward to singing "your support is fxxxing shxt" on new years day.

As long as it makes you feel better.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 120
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Lincoln's excuses for their lack of support

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.