Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Lincoln's excuses for their lack of support
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 29 Guests

Lincoln's excuses for their lack of support

This thread currently has 22,965 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
December 23, 2011, 1:26pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,261
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from LH

A good start might be to stop asking fans not to travel here and give £10 to LCFC instead?

I cringed when i read that.Helgy is normally a sensible poster and when you think of how much money Grimsby have lost in terms of parachute payments from the football league i was offended and next season what will he say if Grimsby fans call for a boycott of Sincil Bank and cost LCFC thousands in lost revenue.I hope he says it was a tongue in cheek remark because he seems a decent sort and much as we all like to give and take with banter anyone suggesting it`s a good thing to cost either club money  should sodomist off with Aryan to Man City etc.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 120
upthestripes
December 23, 2011, 1:28pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.40
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
So Helgy, if you got beaten by us your lot wouldn't take it any worse than a loss to Ebbsfleet or Barrow? I find that hard to believe.
You are not our traditional rivals, we are going because you are close & we want to support our team in numbers whenever we have the chance. It is not about you, it is purely about us. That your fans don't share this enthusiasm for their team speaks volumes about your support.

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 120
marinerian
December 23, 2011, 1:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
Quoted from Helgy

As long as it makes you feel better.

You lot are a strange breed. You have always given us chelp. When I was at Uni and struggling in The Championship loads of Lincoln fans were looking forward to us going down and wanted to play us.

You lot take 2.5k away.....my bottom maybe that was how many fingers and toes you had at the games  

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 120
Helgy
December 23, 2011, 1:31pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Yes but surely this Season when the fixtures came out as a Lincoln fan unless you were flying (unlikely with your budget) the only 2 away League games of intrest would be Mansfield and Grimsby and i suppose York at a push then when you look at the fact the Grimsby game is a bank holiday it should be a virtual sell out regardless of league position like it is for us at your place in my opinion?Also Grimsby fans have not seen this as a massive fixture at all they have seen it for exactly what it is a local derby and a chance to support there side away from home which had it been Wrexham for example it would not have ticked the boxes for people to travel and support there team.I thought day one when i saw the fixture lists and have repeated numerous times i thought the League had done Grimsby and Lincoln a big favour in terms of trying to get them both some valuable income with virtual full houses and the Lincoln lack of intrest astounds me personally?

I'll be honest when the fixtures came out my interest was zero and i missed a couple of the first home games.
Last season in the league nearly killed it off for me we were hammered 6-1,5-0,5-1 at home plus others and then we get 7900 turn up for the last game and the team didn't give a s*hit and folded 2 points out of 33 was all that was needed.
That season has killed off alot of interest from people and they refuse to pay£16 to  £18 to watch BSP football.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 120
marinerian
December 23, 2011, 1:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
Quoted from Helgy

I'll be honest when the fixtures came out my interest was zero and i missed a couple of the first home games.
Last season in the league nearly killed it off for me we were hammered 6-1,5-0,5-1 at home plus others and then we get 7900 turn up for the last game and the team didn't give a s*hit and folded 2 points out of 33 was all that was needed.
That season has killed off alot of interest from people and they refuse to pay£16 to  £18 to watch BSP football.

"You're not gloating any more, you're not gloating You're not gloating, you're not gloating any more"  

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 120
1mickylyons
December 23, 2011, 1:37pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Helgy

Preaching to the converted with that one mate been there seen it got the t-shirt but being football fans you like us either support LCFC or do what?Plenty here have gone down the Sky route and Man U etc love them for it,we all know football goes in cycles and Lincoln and Grimsby have both fallen down whilst Scunny and Hull have gone up in a few years time it may well be the other way round?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 120
Helgy
December 23, 2011, 1:43pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Preaching to the converted with that one mate been there seen it got the t-shirt but being football fans you like us either support LCFC or do what?Plenty here have gone down the Sky route and Man U etc love them for it,we all know football goes in cycles and Lincoln and Grimsby have both fallen down whilst Scunny and Hull have gone up in a few years time it may well be the other way round?

Plenty here have followed the prem route and it's not for me either and yes my comments where tongue in cheek like anyone would take any notice of what i say.
I thought that i could not remain negative for more than 2 weeks and started going after missing two games.
Since Holdsworth has been in charge things are looking alot better but its going to be a slow recovery.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 120
Helgy
December 23, 2011, 1:47pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from upthestripes
So Helgy, if you got beaten by us your lot wouldn't take it any worse than a loss to Ebbsfleet or Barrow? I find that hard to believe.
You are not our traditional rivals, we are going because you are close & we want to support our team in numbers whenever we have the chance. It is not about you, it is purely about us. That your fans don't share this enthusiasm for their team speaks volumes about your support.

I don't like to lose any game but me personally losing would hurt more, i am not going to lie the past 3 seasons have taken alot out of the fans.
Hopefully we will sell a few more but i never thought you were coming just to view the Cathedral lol.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 120
1mickylyons
December 23, 2011, 1:57pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Helgy

Plenty here have followed the prem route and it's not for me either and yes my comments where tongue in cheek like anyone would take any notice of what i say.
I thought that i could not remain negative for more than 2 weeks and started going after missing two games.
Since Holdsworth has been in charge things are looking alot better but its going to be a slow recovery.

Glad to hear it but people do take notice of what regular posters say and usually by the time they have added a bit on twisted it a touch ..................well you know?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 120
upthestripes
December 23, 2011, 2:00pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.40
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from Helgy

I don't like to lose any game but me personally losing would hurt more, i am not going to lie the past 3 seasons have taken alot out of the fans.
Hopefully we will sell a few more but i never thought you were coming just to view the Cathedral lol.

What I meant was, I keep hearing how we all apparently feel this is a MASSIVE game for Grimsby, hence why we're bringing so many.
No denying it means more than other league games because it's a derby, but I really don't think we're generally any more bothered about you than you are about us. That may sound a bit spiteful but is not meant to!

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 120
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Lincoln's excuses for their lack of support

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.