Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Lincoln's excuses for their lack of support
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 22 Guests

Lincoln's excuses for their lack of support

This thread currently has 23,081 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Marinerz93
December 26, 2011, 11:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Helgy

In the 2nd half  yes the fans were loud ,half of what you took to ours that's a bit optimistic lol.

Although I wanted the win I felt a score draw would have seen more of your fans come our way, obviously a defeat for us would have seen probably the max you would have brought but for me I would rather have the points.  I see you bringing 750 ish, shame really.

Mind you, your gate today was bigger than Scumthorpes  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 120
ticker_1610
December 26, 2011, 11:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +32 / -6
Best thing is we played ok second half but nowhere near our best, we had several gears to change up today. At home our passing will be crisp n movement sharp, maybe too much for Lincoln to cope with unless they defend enmasse n hit on the counter attack. I truly thought today Lincoln were quite average first half but more willing to work hard than us, but no creativity or movement, McKeown only had one save to make first half, that's poor attacking from the home side. Second half we improved but far from our home standard of late. 3 points tho when you arnt at your best is a good result. Roll on NYD.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 120
upthestripes
December 27, 2011, 12:05am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from Helgy

I'd agree with that and thought that you were home and dry by then.

There is no such thing as 'home & dry' for a town fan Helgy! Been there so many times....

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 120
One Decent Lester
December 27, 2011, 10:40am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Quoted from BiloLCFC

That sounds familiar.

We're taking 8000 to Forest in the cup and there is the real possibility of us outnumbering the home support. Forest fans believe this is because we're tinpot, they don't care about us and all that jazz. They miss the point that taking 8000 is an impressive show and that their support is an embarrassment for a club that has such delusions of grandeur.

It's an insurance policy for if/when they lose the game and they can say 'we don't really care about you anyway, it's just another game.' Won't stop them masturbating themselves into a frenzy if they win though.

Christ I hate Forest, please don't tell me Lincoln are the same with you.

It's not really an embarrassment for Forest though is it? Games in the FA cup nowadays are generally poorly attended affairs unless you draw a so called top four club. Get over the fact that Leicester City don't matter to Nottingham Forest. On a Richter scale of dislike towards clubs you only just rise above clubs who mean absolutely nothing because of the almost rabid hatred (chip on the shoulder) you have of all things Forest and Nottingham. Basically if we beat you it is hilarious because it means so much to you but if we lose it genuinely genuinely doesn't mean all that much. In the East Midlands the hatred is between Forest and Derby. We know it, Derby know it and you know it. Stop trying to muscle in and be relevant. Why can't you just stick to your 'renowned' M69 rivalry with Coventry? I know they aint much but they are all you've got mate     
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 120
One Decent Lester
December 27, 2011, 10:49am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Quoted from BiloLCFC

Fact is, their support in general has waned badly since last season with Davies leaving them as they become a mediocre Championship side making it a sight worse.

Has it?

We averaged 23,274 last season and this season we have averaged 22,428. I'd hardly call that waning badly and crowds tend to pick up at the business end of the season, especially with our impending relegation battle
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 120
Helgy
December 27, 2011, 10:50am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
Quoted from Marinerz93

Although I wanted the win I felt a score draw would have seen more of your fans come our way, obviously a defeat for us would have seen probably the max you would have brought but for me I would rather have the points.  I see you bringing 750 ish, shame really.

Mind you, your gate today was bigger than Scumthorpes  

No doubt a win or a draw would have persuaded many more to go.That was something i thought yesterday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 120
NorfolkImp
December 27, 2011, 2:24pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +11 / -10
Approval: -512
Gold Stars: 11
3,800 home Imps fans wasn't bad considering and outnumbered you 2to1 despite the boasts to the contrary beforehand ..... although I doubt you'll see 1,500 of them again this season, unless we reach the FA Trophy semi-final?

Private Message
Reply: 86 - 120
Marinerz93
December 27, 2011, 2:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
You got the coma wrong impy, it 38,000 home fans according to bias BBC Lincs, and we only brought 17.  Typical Gimps not only distorting the past but also the present  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 120
1mickylyons
December 27, 2011, 2:42pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from NorfolkImp
3,800 home Imps fans wasn't bad considering and outnumbered you 2to1 despite the boasts to the contrary beforehand ..... although I doubt you'll see 1,500 of them again this season, unless we reach the FA Trophy semi-final?

2 of the 3 home stands were very sparsely populated for a derby game and i would say the shared stand was the most populated of the Lincoln sections but in all honesty looked short of 3800?I for one was sorry to see SB like that for a Derby game especially on a Bank Holiday and the lack of intrest your end for the return fixture is also a mystery to me?Sign of the times mate the bubble has burst and those at the bottom are suffering now but just wait til those at the top get hit then you will see some proper carnage,take Leeds as an example pretty much 35k week in week out in Prem now they barely pull 23k.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 120
NorfolkImp
December 27, 2011, 3:07pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +11 / -10
Approval: -512
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from Marinerz93
You got the coma wrong impy, it 38,000 home fans according to bias BBC Lincs, and we only brought 17.  Typical Gimps not only distorting the past but also the present  

yeah, okay fella  

Private Message
Reply: 89 - 120
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Lincoln's excuses for their lack of support

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.