Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Lincoln's excuses for their lack of support
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 21 Guests

Lincoln's excuses for their lack of support

This thread currently has 23,130 views. Print
13 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 All Recommend Thread
danny pacquiao
December 22, 2011, 10:33pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Just been reading their excuses on their message board, it's just laughable! Saying this isn't a big game for them, mansfield, boston and scunny being bigger games and we see this as our 'cup final', are therefore taking more. All wrong, they just have poor support.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
gtfc98
December 22, 2011, 10:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Got to pity them really. They got a nose bleed when they reached the dizzy heights of the league 2 playoffs. Small club, excrement fans, going nowhere.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 120
voice of reason
December 22, 2011, 10:44pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from danny pacquiao
Just been reading their excuses on their message board, it's just laughable! Saying this isn't a big game for them, mansfield, boston and scunny being bigger games and we see this as our 'cup final', are therefore taking more. All wrong, they just have poor support.  

Really who gives a flying fook about their support...???

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 120
December 22, 2011, 10:51pm
Guest User
Bless them , ha ha ha , small club , no history , no future either , UTM !
Reply: 3 - 120
I believe in Cod
December 22, 2011, 10:59pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +14 / -3
one of my mates is a big lincoln fan, he still travels all over the country with them, and he's more excited about the next two games than me, he's what id class as a true lincoln fan, and hes never said anything about this not being a big game for them etc etc, apart from in a bit of banter here and there

Just poor excuses from the rest, rather similar to some of the poor excuses you hear from wollies around Grimsby about not coming to watch, like that bloke on look north "i refuse to come see Grimsby town until theyve got some young lads in the side" I dont even need to explain why this is a silly remark do i? But this just sums up the sort of wolly you get

Colour my life with the chaos of trouble.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 120
BiloLCFC
December 22, 2011, 11:20pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +23 / -1

That sounds familiar.

We're taking 8000 to Forest in the cup and there is the real possibility of us outnumbering the home support. Forest fans believe this is because we're tinpot, they don't care about us and all that jazz. They miss the point that taking 8000 is an impressive show and that their support is an embarrassment for a club that has such delusions of grandeur.

It's an insurance policy for if/when they lose the game and they can say 'we don't really care about you anyway, it's just another game.' Won't stop them masturbating themselves into a frenzy if they win though.

Christ I hate Forest, please don't tell me Lincoln are the same with you.

When You're Smiling...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 120
marinerian
December 22, 2011, 11:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
No our real rivals are Bull Shitty and the Scunts....lincoln is just a nice jolly for us

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 120
danny pacquiao
December 22, 2011, 11:32pm
Beer Drinker
You have hit the nail on the head there Bilo, it's a no lose situation for them, lose- they didn't care win-and they'll rub our noses in it. 8,000, I know it's only down the road from you, but that's still a good turnout, fair play to you. Why aren't Forest turning up? That would be big bragging rights if you outnumbered them!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 120
BiloLCFC
December 22, 2011, 11:46pm

Lager Top Drinker
You have hit the nail on the head there Bilo, it's a no lose situation for them, lose- they didn't care win-and they'll rub our noses in it. 8,000, I know it's only down the road from you, but that's still a good turnout, fair play to you. Why aren't Forest turning up? That would be big bragging rights if you outnumbered them!!

The reasons they're giving range from not caring about the game, a point they're always a little too keen to make, to them just being so awful their fans don't want to waste their money. Looking at the league, I lean towards the latter. They've complained about the pricing as well (£15 for ST holders and £20 for general sales) but it hasn't stopped us making our way so that seems a poor excuse. Fact is, their support in general has waned badly since last season with Davies leaving them as they become a mediocre Championship side making it a sight worse.

Back to the correct side of the East Midlands, the Cup does seem to generate a lot of imagination for us. We have a bit of cup tradition considering we've never won the fecking thing after all! We sold out in two or three days at home against Man City last season and took over 6000 to the replay on a Tuesday night.

When You're Smiling...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 120
danny pacquiao
December 23, 2011, 12:01am
Beer Drinker
I would have liked to have seen how many we would have taken to sheff united, especially if we get good results in the next two matches, but let's not dwell on that.

I don't actually hate Lincoln that much, but it's got to be the best fixture for both clubs this season, especially as it's on boxing day and new years day and i think it's good to get a bit of a rivalry going, can create more interest. However, i feel they would rather belittle the game, as that is a safer option.

Whereas, i think there is more of a rivalry between leicester and forest, you would think forest fans would still turn up!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 120
December 23, 2011, 12:15am
Guest User

Please they (ain't) got the PLAGUE hehe ........
Reply: 10 - 120
Helgy
December 23, 2011, 10:33am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Approval: +118

Just accept Lincoln fans are not as keen on the derby as you lot are,we regulary took 2.5k to Boston and Posh but don't to yours.
We do travel just not well to yours.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 120
Helgy
December 23, 2011, 10:38am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from BiloLCFC

That sounds familiar.

We're taking 8000 to Forest in the cup and there is the real possibility of us outnumbering the home support. Forest fans believe this is because we're tinpot, they don't care about us and all that jazz. They miss the point that taking 8000 is an impressive show and that their support is an embarrassment for a club that has such delusions of grandeur.

It's an insurance policy for if/when they lose the game and they can say 'we don't really care about you anyway, it's just another game.' Won't stop them masturbating themselves into a frenzy if they win though.

No because we have never had delusions of grandeur on average one promotion every ten years certainly keeps your feet on the ground.
We are averaging 2200 this seaon and have lost 40% of our average gate due to 3 seasons of cack in a row the BSP was the final straw for many.
Grimsby average a few hundred more than us so 1800 is a good turnout,we are not in a position to call other clubs tin pot.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 120
Garth
December 23, 2011, 11:07am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
[quote=446]

Just accept Lincoln fans are not as keen on the derby as you lot are,we regulary took 2.5k to Boston and Posh but don't to yours.
We do travel just not well to yours. [/quote
]

Rubbish! Helgy Ive read your comments on your message board, truth is you are a little bit embaressed by the difference in numbers as we would be if the situation was reversedl, come clean man we understand
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 120
dapperz fun pub
December 23, 2011, 11:14am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,928
Gold Stars: 82
ive just read some posts on there mb......there coming because its a nice place....FFS
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 120
marinerian
December 23, 2011, 11:16am

Barley Wine Drinker
We are going because we support our team and want to back our club....it is a shane we do not get a percentage of the ticket sales like the old days

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 120
danny pacquiao
December 23, 2011, 11:18am
Beer Drinker
When did you last take 2.5k to a game? Any time this or last season? be interesting to see how many you take to mansfield aswell then. Face you have lost, whatever support you think you had, you are in a similar position in the league, yet are struggling to take half the amount we are.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 120
cleefish
December 23, 2011, 12:11pm
L:incoln
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +10 / -4
Approval: +6
I live in Lincoln now but still love clee/grimsby I come at least once a week  I was lucky to get 3 tickets from one of my lincoln tenants will take my daughter Liza and her partner Marandar its in the lincoln end so it doesn't bother me just sure of a grimsby win.UTMM!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 120
marinerian
December 23, 2011, 12:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
ive just read some posts on there mb......there coming because its a nice place....FFS

Excuses for Lincoln:

To warm
To cold
To dry
To wet
no snow
To much snow
Bank Holiday Traffic
Tractor broke down
Sister giving birth to her brothers child
very scard of Grimsby folk
allergy to sea air

Please add any more people

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 120
Limerick Mariner
December 23, 2011, 12:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,693
Gold Stars: 136
Sadly, there is little difference in hard core support of Town, Lincoln and Scunny now. At equivalent level Town are still the biggest club but the difference in home support would be counted in hundreds or maybe 1k - 1.5k in the case of Town compared to Scunny. I say sadly because Town used to be a MUCH bigger club than either of our neighbours and would have been historically bracketed more with Hull City and Donny rather than them. If one uses 71/72 season as the benchmark as all 3 clubs challenged strongly for 4th division promotion (Town and Scunny went up but Lincoln were top for a good while) - Town were way out in front with an 11k home average compared to Lincoln at 7k and Scunny at 6k. Our historic level of support and dispersed fanbase is why we have such good away support, and why we can get such a big turnout for more important games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 120
1mickylyons
December 23, 2011, 1:00pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
They are not as well supported and never really have been other than the odd Season so logically you would expect them to have less fans at a time when they are in there lowest position for over 20 years.However Helgy saying they have lost 40% of the fanbase is no different to us yet 75% that remain of our fanbase are travelling to Lincoln i dont follow is point?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 120
Helgy
December 23, 2011, 1:02pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Garth
[quote=446]

We do travel just not well to yours. [/quote
]

Rubbish! Helgy Ive read your comments on your message board, truth is you are a little bit embaressed by the difference in numbers as we would be if the situation was reversedl, come clean man we understand

Does it really matter what you take to another club? I can't do anything about how many Lincoln fans will travel across to BP so it really does not bother me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 120
Grantham_Mariner
December 23, 2011, 1:05pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Approval: +3,183
Gold Stars: 51
Our away support is so good because we seem to have far more "EXILES" than other clubs. At away games at Crawley last season and Salisbury this season it was hard to find anyone who actually lived in Grimsby (or Cleethorpes).

http://www.thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?v-map/

You only have to look at the map of where forum users live!

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 120
Helgy
December 23, 2011, 1:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons
They are not as well supported and never really have been other than the odd Season so logically you would expect them to have less fans at a time when they are in there lowest position for over 20 years.However Helgy saying they have lost 40% of the fanbase is no different to us yet 75% that remain of our fanbase are travelling to Lincoln i dont follow is point?

I don't know why but when we were taking 1400 max to yours the same season we were taking 2.5 to Posh and County or Boston.
I know you have lost the same amount of your fanbase to but for whatever reason we have never travelled well to GY.
What my point is the interest is not there and as we have lost 40% of the fanbase there will be less travelling,where as Grinsby have seen this as a massive game of importance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 120
December 23, 2011, 1:10pm
Guest User
Another urine poor excuse that it's a big for us because they are the only place close to us, where as they have notts, Mansfield, Boston...
They've not heard of Scunthorpe and hull then??
Looking forward to singing "your support is fxxxing shxt" on new years day.
Reply: 24 - 120
LH
December 23, 2011, 1:14pm

Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,497
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from Helgy

Does it really matter what you take to another club? I can't do anything about how many Lincoln fans will travel across to BP so it really does not bother me.

A good start might be to stop asking fans not to travel here and give £10 to LCFC instead?
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 120
Helgy
December 23, 2011, 1:15pm
Fine Wine Drinker
When did you last take 2.5k to a game? Any time this or last season? be interesting to see how many you take to mansfield aswell then. Face you have lost, whatever support you think you had, you are in a similar position in the league, yet are struggling to take half the amount we are.

We are well aware of the support we have lost,i was talking in relation to being in the league  ,we would take that amount to Posh,Boston or County.
Yet when we played you it was between 700 and 1400.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 120
ross1cod
December 23, 2011, 1:19pm
Lager Top Drinker
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -1
massive game of importance !!!!

so you lose both games,and that puts you in relegation mire.. i would say its pretty damn important to both clubs not to fall even further down the football pyramid.

i personally dont care how many lincoln bring here, their not my club,and i will be at both games no matter what league/position we are in, supporting the Team i love...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 120
1mickylyons
December 23, 2011, 1:21pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Helgy

I don't know why but when we were taking 1400 max to yours the same season we were taking 2.5 to Posh and County or Boston.
I know you have lost the same amount of your fanbase to but for whatever reason we have never travelled well to GY.
What my point is the interest is not there and as we have lost 40% of the fanbase there will be less travelling,where as Grinsby have seen this as a massive game of importance.

Yes but surely this Season when the fixtures came out as a Lincoln fan unless you were flying (unlikely with your budget) the only 2 away League games of intrest would be Mansfield and Grimsby and i suppose York at a push then when you look at the fact the Grimsby game is a bank holiday it should be a virtual sell out regardless of league position like it is for us at your place in my opinion?Also Grimsby fans have not seen this as a massive fixture at all they have seen it for exactly what it is a local derby and a chance to support there side away from home which had it been Wrexham for example it would not have ticked the boxes for people to travel and support there team.I thought day one when i saw the fixture lists and have repeated numerous times i thought the League had done Grimsby and Lincoln a big favour in terms of trying to get them both some valuable income with virtual full houses and the Lincoln lack of intrest astounds me personally?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 120
Helgy
December 23, 2011, 1:21pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from 2578
Another urine poor excuse that it's a big for us because they are the only place close to us, where as they have notts, Mansfield, Boston...
They've not heard of Scunthorpe and hull then??
Looking forward to singing "your support is fxxxing shxt" on new years day.

As long as it makes you feel better.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 120
1mickylyons
December 23, 2011, 1:26pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from LH

A good start might be to stop asking fans not to travel here and give £10 to LCFC instead?

I cringed when i read that.Helgy is normally a sensible poster and when you think of how much money Grimsby have lost in terms of parachute payments from the football league i was offended and next season what will he say if Grimsby fans call for a boycott of Sincil Bank and cost LCFC thousands in lost revenue.I hope he says it was a tongue in cheek remark because he seems a decent sort and much as we all like to give and take with banter anyone suggesting it`s a good thing to cost either club money  should sodomist off with Aryan to Man City etc.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 120
upthestripes
December 23, 2011, 1:28pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
So Helgy, if you got beaten by us your lot wouldn't take it any worse than a loss to Ebbsfleet or Barrow? I find that hard to believe.
You are not our traditional rivals, we are going because you are close & we want to support our team in numbers whenever we have the chance. It is not about you, it is purely about us. That your fans don't share this enthusiasm for their team speaks volumes about your support.

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 120
marinerian
December 23, 2011, 1:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Helgy

As long as it makes you feel better.

You lot are a strange breed. You have always given us chelp. When I was at Uni and struggling in The Championship loads of Lincoln fans were looking forward to us going down and wanted to play us.

You lot take 2.5k away.....my bottom maybe that was how many fingers and toes you had at the games  

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 120
Helgy
December 23, 2011, 1:31pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Yes but surely this Season when the fixtures came out as a Lincoln fan unless you were flying (unlikely with your budget) the only 2 away League games of intrest would be Mansfield and Grimsby and i suppose York at a push then when you look at the fact the Grimsby game is a bank holiday it should be a virtual sell out regardless of league position like it is for us at your place in my opinion?Also Grimsby fans have not seen this as a massive fixture at all they have seen it for exactly what it is a local derby and a chance to support there side away from home which had it been Wrexham for example it would not have ticked the boxes for people to travel and support there team.I thought day one when i saw the fixture lists and have repeated numerous times i thought the League had done Grimsby and Lincoln a big favour in terms of trying to get them both some valuable income with virtual full houses and the Lincoln lack of intrest astounds me personally?

I'll be honest when the fixtures came out my interest was zero and i missed a couple of the first home games.
Last season in the league nearly killed it off for me we were hammered 6-1,5-0,5-1 at home plus others and then we get 7900 turn up for the last game and the team didn't give a s*hit and folded 2 points out of 33 was all that was needed.
That season has killed off alot of interest from people and they refuse to pay£16 to  £18 to watch BSP football.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 120
marinerian
December 23, 2011, 1:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Helgy

I'll be honest when the fixtures came out my interest was zero and i missed a couple of the first home games.
Last season in the league nearly killed it off for me we were hammered 6-1,5-0,5-1 at home plus others and then we get 7900 turn up for the last game and the team didn't give a s*hit and folded 2 points out of 33 was all that was needed.
That season has killed off alot of interest from people and they refuse to pay£16 to  £18 to watch BSP football.

"You're not gloating any more, you're not gloating You're not gloating, you're not gloating any more"  

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 120
1mickylyons
December 23, 2011, 1:37pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Helgy

Preaching to the converted with that one mate been there seen it got the t-shirt but being football fans you like us either support LCFC or do what?Plenty here have gone down the Sky route and Man U etc love them for it,we all know football goes in cycles and Lincoln and Grimsby have both fallen down whilst Scunny and Hull have gone up in a few years time it may well be the other way round?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 120
Helgy
December 23, 2011, 1:43pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Preaching to the converted with that one mate been there seen it got the t-shirt but being football fans you like us either support LCFC or do what?Plenty here have gone down the Sky route and Man U etc love them for it,we all know football goes in cycles and Lincoln and Grimsby have both fallen down whilst Scunny and Hull have gone up in a few years time it may well be the other way round?

Plenty here have followed the prem route and it's not for me either and yes my comments where tongue in cheek like anyone would take any notice of what i say.
I thought that i could not remain negative for more than 2 weeks and started going after missing two games.
Since Holdsworth has been in charge things are looking alot better but its going to be a slow recovery.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 120
Helgy
December 23, 2011, 1:47pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from upthestripes
So Helgy, if you got beaten by us your lot wouldn't take it any worse than a loss to Ebbsfleet or Barrow? I find that hard to believe.
You are not our traditional rivals, we are going because you are close & we want to support our team in numbers whenever we have the chance. It is not about you, it is purely about us. That your fans don't share this enthusiasm for their team speaks volumes about your support.

I don't like to lose any game but me personally losing would hurt more, i am not going to lie the past 3 seasons have taken alot out of the fans.
Hopefully we will sell a few more but i never thought you were coming just to view the Cathedral lol.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 120
1mickylyons
December 23, 2011, 1:57pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Helgy

Plenty here have followed the prem route and it's not for me either and yes my comments where tongue in cheek like anyone would take any notice of what i say.
I thought that i could not remain negative for more than 2 weeks and started going after missing two games.
Since Holdsworth has been in charge things are looking alot better but its going to be a slow recovery.

Glad to hear it but people do take notice of what regular posters say and usually by the time they have added a bit on twisted it a touch ..................well you know?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 120
upthestripes
December 23, 2011, 2:00pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Helgy

I don't like to lose any game but me personally losing would hurt more, i am not going to lie the past 3 seasons have taken alot out of the fans.
Hopefully we will sell a few more but i never thought you were coming just to view the Cathedral lol.

What I meant was, I keep hearing how we all apparently feel this is a MASSIVE game for Grimsby, hence why we're bringing so many.
No denying it means more than other league games because it's a derby, but I really don't think we're generally any more bothered about you than you are about us. That may sound a bit spiteful but is not meant to!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 120
danny pacquiao
December 23, 2011, 2:21pm
Beer Drinker
I always used to look down on lincoln, for the best part of the last 25 years we have been above them and two leagues at that and in many ways i still do, the support has supported this.

Helgy you are contradicting yourself, one minute you say you don't travel well to grimsby, but take 2.5k to peterbrough, county and boston, then next you're saying the reason is how the last couple of seasons has ended many fans interest. Do these not look like excuses to you? Ahem, do you think we have enjoyed the last few seasons?

I think Lincoln fit well amongst many of the smaller teams in this league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 120
1mickylyons
December 23, 2011, 2:25pm
Special Brew Drinker
I always used to look down on lincoln, for the best part of the last 25 years we have been above them and two leagues at that and in many ways i still do, the support has supported this.

Helgy you are contradicting yourself, one minute you say you don't travel well to grimsby, but take 2.5k to peterbrough, county and boston, then next you're saying the reason is how the last couple of seasons has ended many fans interest. Do these not look like excuses to you? Ahem, do you think we have enjoyed the last few seasons?

Lincoln like Grimsby are better supported than quite a few teams in the leagues above.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 120
NorfolkImp
December 23, 2011, 3:01pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +11 / -10
Approval: -512
Gold Stars: 11
Half your fanbase already live in Lincoln anyway from what I've read on here, and who can really blame them .... anyone left there needs to ask serious questions re: their sanity surely?

No wonder you've sold so many tickets, home game for most!  

Private Message
Reply: 42 - 120
Garth
December 23, 2011, 3:06pm

Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from NorfolkImp
Half your fanbase already live in Lincoln anyway from what I've read on here, and who can really blame them .... anyone left there needs to ask serious questions re: their sanity surely?

You included Nunny Boy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 120
upthestripes
December 23, 2011, 3:06pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Says the man city supporting exile  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 120
NorfolkImp
December 23, 2011, 3:09pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Garth

You included Nunny Boy

Not anymore I don't, but at least I was -1 month old when I did  

Private Message
Reply: 45 - 120
Helgy
December 23, 2011, 3:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker

We don't travel in the numbers we should do to yours,in the past we used to take 2k to the above grounds yet when we played you the same season it was far less why i don't know.
No i don't think you have enjoyed the past few years.
We have mirrored your decline,the warning signs were there but they were ignored.
The club we even selling season tickets for L2 before the season had ended bad move and showed that no one even then thought we could go down.
No doubt you get good away support but as we are both averaging 2000 odd its not something to shout about.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 120
Garth
December 23, 2011, 3:18pm

Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from Helgy

We don't travel in the numbers we should do to yours,in the past we used to take 2k to the above grounds yet when we played you the same season it was far less why i don't know.
We have mirrored your decline,the warning signs were there but they were ignored.
The club we even selling season tickets for L2 before the season had ended bad move and showed that no one even then thought we could go down.
No doubt you get good away support but as we are both averaging 2000 odd its not something to shout about.

Yeh! but its a day out on a Bank Holiday to hopefully see a good contest mate, Christ! you only live once
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 120
RoboCod
December 23, 2011, 3:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from NorfolkImp

The fanbase being the 1800+ coming on Monday ? 900 Town fans living in Lincoln ?? That's nearly as many as Lincoln fans living there.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 120
NorfolkImp
December 23, 2011, 3:38pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from RoboCod

The fanbase being the 1800+ coming on Monday ? 900 Town fans living in Lincoln ?? That's nearly as many as Lincoln fans living there.

Well give or take a few ..... but you get my drift?  

Private Message
Reply: 49 - 120
Rob Peel
December 23, 2011, 3:48pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / -1
I will be there New Years day have not bought my ticktes like lots of others BUT to be honest a trip to Clee does not fill me with excitement enjoy your trip to the Beautiful Cathedral City
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 120
NorfolkImp
December 23, 2011, 3:52pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Rob Peel
I will be there New Years day have not bought my ticktes like lots of others BUT to be honest a trip to Clee does not fill me with excitement enjoy your trip to the Beautiful Cathedral City

That's the thing isn't it? So much choice .... the idyllic Cathedral quarter and real ale pubs abound, Brayford and all the trendy bars down there, or the footie boozers with accompanying 'edge' down the bottom end of the High Street.

What have Imps fans got in Clee/GY to look forward to exactly???  

Private Message
Reply: 51 - 120
Marinerz93
December 23, 2011, 3:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from marinerian

"You're not gloating any more, you're not gloating You're not gloating, you're not gloating any more"  

Their not coming to BP because of this  

You're not gloating any more, you're not gloating You're not gloating, you're not gloating any more
You're not gloating any more, you're not gloating You're not gloating, you're not gloating any more

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 120
RoboCod
December 23, 2011, 4:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from NorfolkImp

That's the thing isn't it? So much choice .... the idyllic Cathedral quarter and real ale pubs abound, Brayford and all the trendy bars down there, or the footie boozers with accompanying 'edge' down the bottom end of the High Street.

What have Imps fans got in Clee/GY to look forward to exactly???  

Certainly not 3 pts. Best stay at home, City might be on Sky  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 120
marinerian
December 23, 2011, 4:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Lincoln is one huhe council estate....if it wasnt for the uni and raolway links it would be a 3rd world State

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 120
mariner91
December 23, 2011, 4:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,619
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from Helgy

Mirrored our decline?! Are you mad? Our decline has been a lot worse than yours yet our fans are still turning out in much greater numbers for home and away games. Obviously we just have a much more loyal/insane fanbase.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 120
Helgy
December 23, 2011, 4:46pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

Mirrored our decline?! Are you mad? Our decline has been a lot worse than yours yet our fans are still turning out in much greater numbers for home and away games. Obviously we just have a much more loyal/insane fanbase.

In the past 3 seasons we have mirrored your decline is what i meant.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 120
mariner91
December 23, 2011, 5:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Helgy

In the past 3 seasons we have mirrored your decline is what i meant.

Still doesn't count for anything. You've gone down one league, we've gone down three yet our fans can still muster up the enthusiasm to support the team in large numbers.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 120
marinerian
December 23, 2011, 5:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Lincoln were poorly supported before Sir Alan saved them!

urine pot set up and always has been

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 120
Havelock the Dane
December 23, 2011, 5:25pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / -5
'Boston is a bigger game for us'.

There you have a tinpot club's philosophy in a nutshell.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 120
NorfolkImp
December 23, 2011, 5:29pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Havelock the Dane

Not for me it wasn't  

Private Message
Reply: 60 - 120
marinerian
December 23, 2011, 5:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Havelock the Dane

It was just on big family intercourse fest when they played....dirty scrobs

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 120
RoboCod
December 23, 2011, 6:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Lincoln=tinpot. Always thought this, the odd decent and sensible fan but far outnumbered by shite fans, just reading the posts on their vital forum rams it home. Thanking GTFC for 'filling their coffers' with the ticket sales, trying to sound like they're staying away deliberately to deny us money

Tinpot and embarrassing.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 120
BlackBoots
December 26, 2011, 6:03pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +17 / -5
The real reson Imps arent coming in their numbers is this gem from their Vital website

"Taking lots of away fans can demotivate players as some may feel pressured into how they play.!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 120
aldi_01
December 26, 2011, 6:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
That excuse is by far and away the worst ever...they always travel badly, always have done always will do...why don't they just admit that it is an expensive day out to watch that bag of male masturbation on a regular basis.

Their comments about money etc make me chuckle too...in the grand schemes of things, anything they bring is a bonus, they are in desperate need of money, more so than us...

I think we also quashed that suggestion too, we packed out end and the players responded...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 120
Helgy
December 26, 2011, 8:14pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01
That excuse is by far and away the worst ever...they always travel badly, always have done always will do...why don't they just admit that it is an expensive day out to watch that bag of male masturbation on a regular basis.

Their comments about money etc make me chuckle too...in the grand schemes of things, anything they bring is a bonus, they are in desperate need of money, more so than us...

I think we also quashed that suggestion too, we packed out end and the players responded...

I thought it  wasn't the fans that spurred on your team ,the  tean did with the 2 goals and Elding geeing the fans up,you were very quiet most of the 1st half.
1st half your keeper made a cracking save low to his right and i thought that was a crucial one plus one from Powers free kick in the 2nd half.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 120
mariner91
December 26, 2011, 8:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Helgy

I thought it  wasn't the fans that spurred on your team ,the  tean did with the 2 goals and Elding geeing the fans up,you were very quiet most of the 1st half.
1st half your keeper made a cracking save low to his right and i thought that was a crucial one plus one from Powers free kick in the 2nd half.

Am I the only one who thinks that the free kick save was fairly routine?! He was covering that side anyway and only parried it because it was struck hard.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 120
RoboCod
December 26, 2011, 8:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

Am I the only one who thinks that the free kick save was fairly routine?! He was covering that side anyway and only parried it because it was struck hard.

Agreed, pretty standard save. McKeown is very good at his angles and getting to low shots. Those aren't going to beat him.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 120
barralad
December 26, 2011, 8:30pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from mariner91

You could have driven a stagecoach bus through the gap between the end of our wall and whoever was stood off. I assumed McKeown could cover that but I'd prefer not to take the risk!

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 120
ponnyfan
December 26, 2011, 8:31pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
Quoted from barralad

You could have driven a stagecoach bus through the gap between the end of our wall and whoever was stood off. I assumed McKeown could cover that but I'd prefer not to take the risk!
Yes agreed far too much space left but great save anyway .

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 120
grimps
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,110
Gold Stars: 46
Ive just looked on their vital board ,do they get any people posting on there ? surely that isnt the main site.
at this rate id have them down for bringing less than 500 to the park
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 120
barralad
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Helgy

I usually think you are pretty spot on but the non-stop chanting for the last ten minutes clearly got to the players upping their motivation.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 120
gtfc_brad
December 26, 2011, 9:25pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
whats lincolns messageboard called? Fancy a good laugh tonight
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 120
RoboCod
December 26, 2011, 9:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
It's Here http://www.lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/forum-view.asp?fid=5

Don't expect much, a match thread that has 26 posts. Tinpot like everything else Lincoln.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 120
upthestripes

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from gtfc_brad

Look in the 'blue square message board' sticky there's all the forums from our league in there.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 120
BlackBoots
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Quoted from gtfc_brad

Its called silent night!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 120
Marinerz93
December 26, 2011, 9:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Helgy

I agree Lincoln had the better of the first half but you were only decent a no where near as good as your manager spouted you were on bias BBC Lincs.  We were miles louder than you and the only time Lincoln fans sang was when you were 1-0 up, that lasted 2 minutes and 10 secs if that, then that was it for the rest of the game.  I notice you didn't comment on our support for the whole of the second half.  I guess we'll see half of what we took to the bank from you toothless bell ringers at BP for NYD.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 120
Helgy
December 26, 2011, 10:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

I agree Lincoln had the better of the first half but you were only decent a no where near as good as your manager spouted you were on bias BBC Lincs.  We were miles louder than you and the only time Lincoln fans sang was when you were 1-0 up, that lasted 2 minutes and 10 secs if that, then that was it for the rest of the game.  I notice you didn't comment on our support for the whole of the second half.  I guess we'll see half of what we took to the bank from you toothless bell ringers at BP for NYD.

In the 2nd half  yes the fans were loud ,half of what you took to ours that's a bit optimistic lol.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 120
Helgy
December 26, 2011, 10:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from barralad

I usually think you are pretty spot on but the non-stop chanting for the last ten minutes clearly got to the players upping their motivation.

I'd agree with that and thought that you were home and dry by then.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 120
mariner91
December 26, 2011, 10:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Helgy

I think the fans gave the players the confidence to see it out. Had we been quiet and nervy I think this would have been echoed on the pitch.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 120
Marinerz93
December 26, 2011, 11:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Helgy

In the 2nd half  yes the fans were loud ,half of what you took to ours that's a bit optimistic lol.

Although I wanted the win I felt a score draw would have seen more of your fans come our way, obviously a defeat for us would have seen probably the max you would have brought but for me I would rather have the points.  I see you bringing 750 ish, shame really.

Mind you, your gate today was bigger than Scumthorpes  

Private Message
Reply: 80 - 120
ticker_1610
December 26, 2011, 11:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +32 / -6
Best thing is we played ok second half but nowhere near our best, we had several gears to change up today. At home our passing will be crisp n movement sharp, maybe too much for Lincoln to cope with unless they defend enmasse n hit on the counter attack. I truly thought today Lincoln were quite average first half but more willing to work hard than us, but no creativity or movement, McKeown only had one save to make first half, that's poor attacking from the home side. Second half we improved but far from our home standard of late. 3 points tho when you arnt at your best is a good result. Roll on NYD.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 120
upthestripes
December 27, 2011, 12:05am

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Helgy

There is no such thing as 'home & dry' for a town fan Helgy! Been there so many times....

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 120
One Decent Lester
December 27, 2011, 10:40am
Beer Drinker
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Quoted from BiloLCFC

That sounds familiar.

It's not really an embarrassment for Forest though is it? Games in the FA cup nowadays are generally poorly attended affairs unless you draw a so called top four club. Get over the fact that Leicester City don't matter to Nottingham Forest. On a Richter scale of dislike towards clubs you only just rise above clubs who mean absolutely nothing because of the almost rabid hatred (chip on the shoulder) you have of all things Forest and Nottingham. Basically if we beat you it is hilarious because it means so much to you but if we lose it genuinely genuinely doesn't mean all that much. In the East Midlands the hatred is between Forest and Derby. We know it, Derby know it and you know it. Stop trying to muscle in and be relevant. Why can't you just stick to your 'renowned' M69 rivalry with Coventry? I know they aint much but they are all you've got mate     
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 120
One Decent Lester
December 27, 2011, 10:49am
Beer Drinker
Quoted from BiloLCFC

Fact is, their support in general has waned badly since last season with Davies leaving them as they become a mediocre Championship side making it a sight worse.

Has it?

We averaged 23,274 last season and this season we have averaged 22,428. I'd hardly call that waning badly and crowds tend to pick up at the business end of the season, especially with our impending relegation battle
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 120
Helgy
December 27, 2011, 10:50am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

Although I wanted the win I felt a score draw would have seen more of your fans come our way, obviously a defeat for us would have seen probably the max you would have brought but for me I would rather have the points.  I see you bringing 750 ish, shame really.

Mind you, your gate today was bigger than Scumthorpes  

No doubt a win or a draw would have persuaded many more to go.That was something i thought yesterday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 120
NorfolkImp
December 27, 2011, 2:24pm
Brandy Drinker
3,800 home Imps fans wasn't bad considering and outnumbered you 2to1 despite the boasts to the contrary beforehand ..... although I doubt you'll see 1,500 of them again this season, unless we reach the FA Trophy semi-final?

Private Message
Reply: 86 - 120
Marinerz93
December 27, 2011, 2:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
You got the coma wrong impy, it 38,000 home fans according to bias BBC Lincs, and we only brought 17.  Typical Gimps not only distorting the past but also the present  

Private Message
Reply: 87 - 120
1mickylyons
December 27, 2011, 2:42pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from NorfolkImp
3,800 home Imps fans wasn't bad considering and outnumbered you 2to1 despite the boasts to the contrary beforehand ..... although I doubt you'll see 1,500 of them again this season, unless we reach the FA Trophy semi-final?

2 of the 3 home stands were very sparsely populated for a derby game and i would say the shared stand was the most populated of the Lincoln sections but in all honesty looked short of 3800?I for one was sorry to see SB like that for a Derby game especially on a Bank Holiday and the lack of intrest your end for the return fixture is also a mystery to me?Sign of the times mate the bubble has burst and those at the bottom are suffering now but just wait til those at the top get hit then you will see some proper carnage,take Leeds as an example pretty much 35k week in week out in Prem now they barely pull 23k.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 120
NorfolkImp
December 27, 2011, 3:07pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93
You got the coma wrong impy, it 38,000 home fans according to bias BBC Lincs, and we only brought 17.  Typical Gimps not only distorting the past but also the present  

yeah, okay fella  

Private Message
Reply: 89 - 120
Marinerz93
December 27, 2011, 3:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from NorfolkImp

yeah, okay fella  

So you don't listen to bias BBC Lincs then, should have it was a howler.

Private Message
Reply: 90 - 120
NorfolkImp
December 27, 2011, 3:38pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

So you don't listen to bias BBC Lincs then, should have it was a howler.

I listened till you scored your 2nd and then concentrated on the main event ahead of me .... surely if you listened to Radio Lincs you'd get it from an Imps perspective, likewise if it was Radio Humberside?

Private Message
Reply: 91 - 120
upthestripes
December 27, 2011, 3:43pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from NorfolkImp

I listened till you scored your 2nd and then concentrated on the main event ahead of me .... surely if you listened to Radio Lincs you'd get it from an Imps perspective, likewise if it was Radio Humberside?

Are we not Lincs then? Should be Grimsbyshire anyway in al fairness

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 120
NorfolkImp
December 27, 2011, 3:55pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from upthestripes

Are we not Lincs then? Should be Grimsbyshire anyway in al fairness

Radio Lincs Sport covers Imps, Boston & Trinity .... Radio Humberside = Hull, Scunny & Town.

Hasn't this always been the case?

Private Message
Reply: 93 - 120
upthestripes
December 27, 2011, 4:00pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Radio Lincs Sport covers Imps, Boston & Trinity .... Radio Humberside = Hull, Scunny & Town.

Well no, not 'always', obviously
But they are still a station that claims to cover the interests of our county, not a select part of it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 120
grimps
December 27, 2011, 4:00pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Yeah but we never seem to get positive coverage from Humberside ,even when we was the top club in the county for more than two decades they never seemed as interested in us as they was in what was going on in rugby league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 120
TownSNAFU5
December 27, 2011, 4:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,876
Gold Stars: 42
I thought that the reason for so few fans coming was that Lincoln only took away support to similar religious entities (Cathedral, Minster or Stump).  Eg, York and Boston.    

Our Dock Tower or Cleethorpes Pier obviously does not fit the bill.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 120
Marinerz93
December 27, 2011, 5:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Town are in Lincolnshire and Lincoln was never in Humberside.  We should get equal coverage but there was no GTFC to the BBC Lincs interviews, all one way and it showed in the way they exaggerated everything Lincoln about the game.

Private Message
Reply: 97 - 120
mariner marc
December 27, 2011, 5:48pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +16 / -1
or fickle fans

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 120
BiloLCFC
December 27, 2011, 8:29pm

Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from One Decent Lester

It's not really an embarrassment for Forest though is it? Games in the FA cup nowadays are generally poorly attended affairs unless you draw a so called top four club. Get over the fact that Leicester City don't matter to Nottingham Forest. On a Richter scale of dislike towards clubs you only just rise above clubs who mean absolutely nothing because of the almost rabid hatred (chip on the shoulder) you have of all things Forest and Nottingham. Basically if we beat you it is hilarious because it means so much to you but if we lose it genuinely genuinely doesn't mean all that much. In the East Midlands the hatred is between Forest and Derby. We know it, Derby know it and you know it. Stop trying to muscle in and be relevant. Why can't you just stick to your 'renowned' M69 rivalry with Coventry? I know they aint much but they are all you've got mate     

Coventry?  

Take a look on the Leicester boards, we don't give a toss. We take thousands there every year purely because it's easy, local and their support is so poor there's always a huge allocation handed out. The lack of atmosphere there shows how little we care yet they are desperate for a rivalry. I can't think of any club off the top of my head who cares about Coventry.

As for your lot not caring about us, I've seen plenty of evidence to the contrary. Your fans' desperation to get to us when Clive Clarke had a heart attack in the dressing room in 2007 and singing 'Let him die' while he was on the way to the Queens Med, stay classy. The constant racist chanting. The plethora of kids signing up to our message boards before and after each game. For a set of fans that don't care about us, you don't half seem obsessively keen to make the point and your username is yet more evidence of that.

What is hilarious is that your lot STILL see yourselves as a big club when the majority of the fans who brag about the Clough era weren't even an itch in their dad's pants. Your main rivalry might be with Derby but nobody believes that Leicester are utterly irrelevant to you, you do protest too much.

Not that it's all that relevant, you'll be having the same conversation with Notts County fans before meeting them in the league next season.

When You're Smiling...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 120
NorfolkImp
December 27, 2011, 8:33pm
Brandy Drinker
Leics v Forest gave the Loughborough locals a shock a couple of years back  

Private Message
Reply: 100 - 120
BiloLCFC
December 27, 2011, 8:35pm

Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from NorfolkImp
Leics v Forest gave the Loughborough locals a shock a couple of years back  

Loughborough is always hairy during Leicester v Forest, it's half blue half red.

We see just how little Forest care then.  

When You're Smiling...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 120
December 27, 2011, 8:38pm
Guest User
Wtf !!! This site must be good every girl private on here.
Reply: 102 - 120
GYinScuntland
December 27, 2011, 8:41pm

Brandy Drinker
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from 2578

LMFAO
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 120
Marinerz93
December 27, 2011, 9:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 2578

And venting their don't care about you, the Lincoln syndrome is spreading, we'll have the Scunts on here soon saying they don't care for either Town or Lincoln because there true rivalry is with Man Utd, they played them once in a cup game and most the Scunts were wearing Man Ure tops  

Private Message
Reply: 104 - 120
One Decent Lester
January 12, 2012, 6:08pm
Beer Drinker
Quoted from BiloLCFC

As for your lot not caring about us, I've seen plenty of evidence to the contrary. Your fans' desperation to get to us when Clive Clarke had a heart attack in the dressing room in 2007 and singing 'Let him die' while he was on the way to the Queens Med, stay classy. The constant racist chanting. The plethora of kids signing up to our message boards before and after each game. For a set of fans that don't care about us, you don't half seem obsessively keen to make the point and your username is yet more evidence of that.

What is hilarious is that your lot STILL see yourselves as a big club when the majority of the fans who brag about the Clough era weren't even an itch in their dad's pants. Your main rivalry might be with Derby but nobody believes that Leicester are utterly irrelevant to you, you do protest too much.

The Clive Clarke and racist chanting doesn't show any rivalry. Just that a minority of football fans at all clubs can be low life scum. All clubs have them. Forest, Leicester etc.. Like I said on the previous post we like beating Leicester more than say Portsmouth simply because you hate us so much. You are probably up there with Sheff Utd but that rivalry has died right down now.

But the FA cup game last week to us is as sadly the FA cup has become to Mid table and lower Premier teams and Championship teams. A game in January that is not on the Season ticket, is against a team in the same league, that we could do without. It was always going to draw a low crowd. Had it been a so called "top four" team or Derby it would have been different.

As for us being a big club. We know we aren't a big club. Never really have been. Had a great manager who turned us into a hugely successful club for a 15 year period but that is it. It is actually the media and other fans who go on about the European Cups more than us. We have a good loyal home attendance that doesn't fluctuate massively one way or the other and we have a good away following.

You need to lose the Leicester - Nottingham chip on the shoulder and lighten up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 120
upthestripes
January 12, 2012, 6:12pm

Vodka Drinker
Can't you take this to a Forest or City board guys?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 120
1mickylyons
January 12, 2012, 6:12pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from 2578

I still think the TI comment about watching the upper class iron was post of the year for 2011 and he should never have been banned
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 120
One Decent Lester
January 12, 2012, 7:35pm
Beer Drinker
Quoted from upthestripes
Can't you take this to a Forest or City board guys?

Apologies mate. That is my last word regarding Forest on this site.

I lived in Grimsby in the 90's and early 00's and followed Town a lot home and away when not at Forest. I have been browsing on here for years as it is the best place to keep up with Town gossip. Signed up as wanted to put some points back to the Leicester fan.

Glad town are picking up again. Hopefully the positivity that seems to be building around the club, the players and the fans can lead to return to the league. Fingers crossed anyway. Now I have an account I'll stick around if that is OK and contribute on Town matters only I promise.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 120
upthestripes
January 13, 2012, 12:25am

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from One Decent Lester

Apologies mate. That is my last word regarding Forest on this site.

I lived in Grimsby in the 90's and early 00's and followed Town a lot home and away when not at Forest. I have been browsing on here for years as it is the best place to keep up with Town gossip. Signed up as wanted to put some points back to the Leicester fan.

Glad town are picking up again. Hopefully the positivity that seems to be building around the club, the players and the fans can lead to return to the league. Fingers crossed anyway. Now I have an account I'll stick around if that is OK and contribute on Town matters only I promise.

Thanks mate. You're more than welcome to stick around as far as I'm conerned, lots of memories of Town v Forest in not too distant times, though it feels like a hundred years ago now! Thanks for the reply and sorry to sound like a moaning biatch.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 120
One Decent Lester
January 13, 2012, 6:24am
Beer Drinker
Quoted from upthestripes

Thanks mate. You're more than welcome to stick around as far as I'm conerned, lots of memories of Town v Forest in not too distant times, though it feels like a hundred years ago now! Thanks for the reply and sorry to sound like a moaning biatch.

No you didn't sound like that mate. The last thing you want to see on a GTFC board is supporters of two washed up old midlands teams bitching and moaning at each other!!

Yeah some good memories of Town Forest. The Futcher own goal game in 1993, the 4-3 at Blundell Park when we ended up with 9 men, Johnno's hat-trick when we looked destined for promotion only to fail again. All good memories. Used to be great in those days watching Town beat numerous so called big guns with a packed Ponny. Boro, Man City, Forest, Wolves etc... all used to get their nose bloodied.

My favourite town memories are Pouton and Boulding both getting hat tricks against Wimbledon and the Palace game just before. I think they scored 11 goals in two games. Brilliant stuff. Also went to Wolves away when Todd scored and that c--t Muscatt got sent off. It started the rot that stopped Wolves promoted too. I hate Wolves.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 120
RoboCod
January 13, 2012, 7:49am
Barley Wine Drinker
Didn't Crichton do his infamous air-kick on the back pass to let it roll in for a goal against Forest ? Rings a bell anyway...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 120
One Decent Lester
January 13, 2012, 9:08am
Beer Drinker
Quoted from RoboCod
Didn't Crichton do his infamous air-kick on the back pass to let it roll in for a goal against Forest ? Rings a bell anyway...

Yeah that's right mate. Poor old Futch gets credit for the OG but it was Crichton's mistake.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 120
forza ivano
January 13, 2012, 9:08am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,156
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from RoboCod

he most certainly did - still can never watch a back pass to a town keeper without a litle bit of my brain saying 'please don't do a  crichton'
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 120
NorfolkImp
January 13, 2012, 9:21am
Brandy Drinker
Not sure about all this Florest/Leics/Derby rivalry, but there's a chance the gate v Carshalton could be less than 4 figures tomorrow  

Private Message
Reply: 114 - 120
1mickylyons
January 13, 2012, 9:30am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from NorfolkImp
Not sure about all this Florest/Leics/Derby rivalry, but there's a chance the gate v Carshalton could be less than 4 figures tomorrow  

Well were on the up and the prices are reduced to a tenner and even with 300 away fans hitting 3k is looking impossible wtf is wrong with folk?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 120
grimps
January 13, 2012, 10:46am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Well were on the up and the prices are reduced to a tenner and even with 300 away fans hitting 3k is looking impossible wtf is wrong with folk?

To be honest i think people are more interested in the play off push now .we've all been to wembley a few times and picking up a worthless non  league pot has little to ecite me.I reckon the gates will go up for the next few league games though ,i also reckon we'll take alot away too
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 120
1mickylyons
January 13, 2012, 10:57am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from grimps

To be honest i think people are more interested in the play off push now .we've all been to wembley a few times and picking up a worthless non  league pot has little to ecite me.I reckon the gates will go up for the next few league games though ,i also reckon we'll take alot away too

Way were playing though and scoring by the bucketload you would think a tenner would see a stampede despite the opposition being from a couple of leagues below.I know your right about the play off push and Wembley but we should have one of those old time signs on all entry points to the Town stating THIS IS GRIMSBY last chance to turn back before you get flipping hammered
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 120
Colonel Fishpaste
January 14, 2012, 12:13am

Lager Top Drinker
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Always thought Forest were a big club, their 15 year run was legendary.  As for Lester the molester City don't see them on the same level as Forest or us for that matter.  I mean they can't even get Billy Sharp to sign aboard their "premier League" setup.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 120
Colonel Fishpaste
January 14, 2012, 12:15am

Lager Top Drinker
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Aryan Imp:  tough luck this week mate for your noveau riche second club.  Glad to see you are bouncing back!  Now get down to Sincil Bank and support your Imps!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 120
mariner83
January 14, 2012, 10:10am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from grimps

Quoted from 1mickylyons

Way were playing though and scoring by the bucketload you would think a tenner would see a stampede despite the opposition being from a couple of leagues below.I know your right about the play off push and Wembley but we should have one of those old time signs on all entry points to the Town stating THIS IS GRIMSBY last chance to turn back before you get flipping hammered

really wish I was going to the match this afternoon, unfortunately I'm stuck at work til 7pm
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 120 - 120
13 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Lincoln's excuses for their lack of support

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.