Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Lincoln's excuses for their lack of support
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 28 Guests

Lincoln's excuses for their lack of support

This thread currently has 23,136 views. Print
13 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
One Decent Lester
January 13, 2012, 6:24am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Quoted from upthestripes

Thanks mate. You're more than welcome to stick around as far as I'm conerned, lots of memories of Town v Forest in not too distant times, though it feels like a hundred years ago now! Thanks for the reply and sorry to sound like a moaning biatch.

No you didn't sound like that mate. The last thing you want to see on a GTFC board is supporters of two washed up old midlands teams bitching and moaning at each other!!

Yeah some good memories of Town Forest. The Futcher own goal game in 1993, the 4-3 at Blundell Park when we ended up with 9 men, Johnno's hat-trick when we looked destined for promotion only to fail again. All good memories. Used to be great in those days watching Town beat numerous so called big guns with a packed Ponny. Boro, Man City, Forest, Wolves etc... all used to get their nose bloodied.

My favourite town memories are Pouton and Boulding both getting hat tricks against Wimbledon and the Palace game just before. I think they scored 11 goals in two games. Brilliant stuff. Also went to Wolves away when Todd scored and that c--t Muscatt got sent off. It started the rot that stopped Wolves promoted too. I hate Wolves.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 120
RoboCod
January 13, 2012, 7:49am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Didn't Crichton do his infamous air-kick on the back pass to let it roll in for a goal against Forest ? Rings a bell anyway...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 120
One Decent Lester
January 13, 2012, 9:08am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Quoted from RoboCod
Didn't Crichton do his infamous air-kick on the back pass to let it roll in for a goal against Forest ? Rings a bell anyway...

Yeah that's right mate. Poor old Futch gets credit for the OG but it was Crichton's mistake.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 120
forza ivano
January 13, 2012, 9:08am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,170
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from RoboCod

he most certainly did - still can never watch a back pass to a town keeper without a litle bit of my brain saying 'please don't do a  crichton'
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 120
NorfolkImp
January 13, 2012, 9:21am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +11 / -10
Approval: -519
Gold Stars: 11
Not sure about all this Florest/Leics/Derby rivalry, but there's a chance the gate v Carshalton could be less than 4 figures tomorrow  

Private Message
Reply: 114 - 120
1mickylyons
January 13, 2012, 9:30am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from NorfolkImp
Not sure about all this Florest/Leics/Derby rivalry, but there's a chance the gate v Carshalton could be less than 4 figures tomorrow  

Well were on the up and the prices are reduced to a tenner and even with 300 away fans hitting 3k is looking impossible wtf is wrong with folk?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 120
grimps
January 13, 2012, 10:46am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,121
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Well were on the up and the prices are reduced to a tenner and even with 300 away fans hitting 3k is looking impossible wtf is wrong with folk?

To be honest i think people are more interested in the play off push now .we've all been to wembley a few times and picking up a worthless non  league pot has little to ecite me.I reckon the gates will go up for the next few league games though ,i also reckon we'll take alot away too
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 120
1mickylyons
January 13, 2012, 10:57am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from grimps

To be honest i think people are more interested in the play off push now .we've all been to wembley a few times and picking up a worthless non  league pot has little to ecite me.I reckon the gates will go up for the next few league games though ,i also reckon we'll take alot away too

Way were playing though and scoring by the bucketload you would think a tenner would see a stampede despite the opposition being from a couple of leagues below.I know your right about the play off push and Wembley but we should have one of those old time signs on all entry points to the Town stating THIS IS GRIMSBY last chance to turn back before you get flipping hammered
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 120
Colonel Fishpaste
January 14, 2012, 12:13am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Always thought Forest were a big club, their 15 year run was legendary.  As for Lester the molester City don't see them on the same level as Forest or us for that matter.  I mean they can't even get Billy Sharp to sign aboard their "premier League" setup.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 120
Colonel Fishpaste
January 14, 2012, 12:15am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Aryan Imp:  tough luck this week mate for your noveau riche second club.  Glad to see you are bouncing back!  Now get down to Sincil Bank and support your Imps!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 120
13 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Lincoln's excuses for their lack of support

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.