Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Lincoln's excuses for their lack of support
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 13 Guests

Lincoln's excuses for their lack of support

This thread currently has 23,062 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
danny pacquiao
December 23, 2011, 2:21pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +5 / 0
I always used to look down on lincoln, for the best part of the last 25 years we have been above them and two leagues at that and in many ways i still do, the support has supported this.

Helgy you are contradicting yourself, one minute you say you don't travel well to grimsby, but take 2.5k to peterbrough, county and boston, then next you're saying the reason is how the last couple of seasons has ended many fans interest. Do these not look like excuses to you? Ahem, do you think we have enjoyed the last few seasons?

I think Lincoln fit well amongst many of the smaller teams in this league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 120
1mickylyons
December 23, 2011, 2:25pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from danny pacquiao
I always used to look down on lincoln, for the best part of the last 25 years we have been above them and two leagues at that and in many ways i still do, the support has supported this.

Helgy you are contradicting yourself, one minute you say you don't travel well to grimsby, but take 2.5k to peterbrough, county and boston, then next you're saying the reason is how the last couple of seasons has ended many fans interest. Do these not look like excuses to you? Ahem, do you think we have enjoyed the last few seasons?

Lincoln like Grimsby are better supported than quite a few teams in the leagues above.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 120
NorfolkImp
December 23, 2011, 3:01pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +11 / -10
Approval: -504
Gold Stars: 11
Half your fanbase already live in Lincoln anyway from what I've read on here, and who can really blame them .... anyone left there needs to ask serious questions re: their sanity surely?

No wonder you've sold so many tickets, home game for most!  

Private Message
Reply: 42 - 120
Garth
December 23, 2011, 3:06pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from NorfolkImp
Half your fanbase already live in Lincoln anyway from what I've read on here, and who can really blame them .... anyone left there needs to ask serious questions re: their sanity surely?

You included Nunny Boy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 120
upthestripes
December 23, 2011, 3:06pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Says the man city supporting exile  

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 120
NorfolkImp
December 23, 2011, 3:09pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Garth

You included Nunny Boy

Not anymore I don't, but at least I was -1 month old when I did  

Private Message
Reply: 45 - 120
Helgy
December 23, 2011, 3:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
Quoted from danny pacquiao

We don't travel in the numbers we should do to yours,in the past we used to take 2k to the above grounds yet when we played you the same season it was far less why i don't know.
No i don't think you have enjoyed the past few years.
We have mirrored your decline,the warning signs were there but they were ignored.
The club we even selling season tickets for L2 before the season had ended bad move and showed that no one even then thought we could go down.
No doubt you get good away support but as we are both averaging 2000 odd its not something to shout about.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 120
Garth
December 23, 2011, 3:18pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Helgy

We don't travel in the numbers we should do to yours,in the past we used to take 2k to the above grounds yet when we played you the same season it was far less why i don't know.
No i don't think you have enjoyed the past few years.
We have mirrored your decline,the warning signs were there but they were ignored.
The club we even selling season tickets for L2 before the season had ended bad move and showed that no one even then thought we could go down.
No doubt you get good away support but as we are both averaging 2000 odd its not something to shout about.

Yeh! but its a day out on a Bank Holiday to hopefully see a good contest mate, Christ! you only live once
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 120
RoboCod
December 23, 2011, 3:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from NorfolkImp

The fanbase being the 1800+ coming on Monday ? 900 Town fans living in Lincoln ?? That's nearly as many as Lincoln fans living there.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 120
NorfolkImp
December 23, 2011, 3:38pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from RoboCod

The fanbase being the 1800+ coming on Monday ? 900 Town fans living in Lincoln ?? That's nearly as many as Lincoln fans living there.

Well give or take a few ..... but you get my drift?  

Private Message
Reply: 49 - 120
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Lincoln's excuses for their lack of support

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.