Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Goodbye Fellow Fishy People
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 14 Guests

Goodbye Fellow Fishy People

This thread currently has 41,194 views. Print
37 Pages Prev ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 Next All Recommend Thread
February 5, 2011, 6:15pm
Guest User
There really is some wasted talent on here. MI6 are missing a trick.

Well done all.
Reply: 290 - 362
Mariner Ronnie
February 5, 2011, 6:18pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
just read this thread and i am quite moved by it, i really hope pete gets well soon, it truely is sad

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 291 - 362
gobby
February 5, 2011, 6:20pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +772
Gold Stars: 7
Read the thread first thing this morning and found it disturbing, got a call on my travels to say Pete was safe which was a relief. Superb effort from one and all to accomplish this and as for Pete my old folks have a sign in their house which reads ' To a friends house the road is never long' For you mate many friends are only click away.
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 292 - 362
vanman
February 5, 2011, 6:23pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Get well soon fella.

Conference team.... PREMIER FANS.

UTMM

Here comes the action
Here it comes at last
Lord give me reaction
Lord give me a chance
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 293 - 362
kingofthekippers
February 5, 2011, 6:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +39 / -4
Approval: +6
Quoted from GrimRob
If Pete asks me to remove all or parts of the thread I will do. Personally I think it's a testament to what a forum like the Fishy can achieve. Many of our small online community may not know one another personally but we all share a common interest and look after one another, even away from games. Collectively I feel we did achieved something last night and this morning - it was a group thing, several inidividuals contributed different parts of the jigsaw. It shows the power of the Internet - it's often criticised and received bad press for its dark side, but I'd like it to stay up as a testimony to the Fishy's  contributors. But I respect Pete may feel differently as he's at the centre of it. Everyone else is peripheral.

Well said. I think that we've always known that we are a good set of people and yes whilst we bicker sometimes (like any family does), deep down we all pull together when necessary. I can see why GrimRob wants to keep this thread here but to me it is still a personal thing - a cry for help -and should be removed. I don't know whether it can be done but perhaps it would be possible to remove it, save it and repost it all if Pete gives his consent.

Just as an afterthought, no man is an island. I've never suffered depression but 15 years ago I did suffer a nervous breakdown. Now when you think you are going mad like I did that is scary enough but to have the black dog as Churchill called it must be far scarier. I know it is easier to say than to do but if you do feel like that please talk to someone, anyone. If you cannot face talking to a family member or friend, there is always the Samaritans, it is what they are there for.

It took me a long time to talk to someone but when I did I knew I'd taken the first step. Here's hoping for a full recovery Pete.

Mr McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 294 - 362
StiggsGTFC
February 5, 2011, 6:36pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +41
Just read this thread and I've got to say you guys have been absolutely awesome.

Hope Pete is feeling OK.

Depression is horrible and I don't believe you guys could have handled this any better.

Well done, makes me very proud to be a Town supporter and a member of the Fishy community.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 295 - 362
nelly_gtfc
February 5, 2011, 6:46pm
Guest User
Only just seen this thread, good to hear Pete has been found, hope he somehow starts feeling better soon.  

It's amazing to see how people can rally round in the hour of need, your all good eggs.  
Reply: 296 - 362
voice of reason
February 5, 2011, 6:49pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from kingofthekippers

Well said. I think that we've always known that we are a good set of people and yes whilst we bicker sometimes (like any family does), deep down we all pull together when necessary. I can see why GrimRob wants to keep this thread here but to me it is still a personal thing - a cry for help -and should be removed. I don't know whether it can be done but perhaps it would be possible to remove it, save it and repost it all if Pete gives his consent.
Just as an afterthought, no man is an island. I've never suffered depression but 15 years ago I did suffer a nervous breakdown. Now when you think you are going mad like I did that is scary enough but to have the black dog as Churchill called it must be far scarier. I know it is easier to say than to do but if you do feel like that please talk to someone, anyone. If you cannot face talking to a family member or friend, there is always the Samaritans, it is what they are there for.

It took me a long time to talk to someone but when I did I knew I'd taken the first step. Here's hoping for a full recovery Pete.

That would be the best thing to do... Obvioously its not upto me but I seriously think it can only make the situation worse by floating about on here, I wish the people who run this site would put themselves in the position of Pete or even his family/close friend (who may not even know what has gone on), how would you feel about coming on here to see this???

The reasons for keeping it so far is nothing more than to show how people of the fishy come together in a time of need and thats great, the response from some on here was quality but to keep it up just to show that despite the potential excrement it could cause is pretty selfish in my opinion...

I don't want to sound like a mammary or anything and it doesn't affect me either way really but I just think it would be better for those closely related to pete... If people on here want to show how close they are in a time of need I think the best idea would just be for a sticky where people can post messages wishing him well...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 297 - 362
Wrawby_Mariner
February 5, 2011, 6:50pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from MarinerMatt24

i second that, it makes me glad, that i came and bought up my problems in the "non football topic"  

cos we're all here for each other, whether it's something good or bad...  

I third that mate the support I have have had from my fellow mariners has saved me from a similar situation when I thought I couldn't carry on.

I can never thank anyone enough
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 298 - 362
Doctor Sanchez
February 5, 2011, 7:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +19 / -6
Approval: +638
Gold Stars: 1
One last plea (I promise).

I have also suffered depression along with friends and family, that's why I'm asking it to be removed.  Pete needs help for sure and I'm sure he'll appreciate the positive words from the Fishy folk.  However I don't think it should be via a thread where he can read back through his cry for help, the subsequent efforts to find him and then his illness being discussed by people he doesn't know.  He did not really start this topic, his mind was elsewhere when he typed that original post.  I suggest people offer their words of encouragement via PM instead of an open forum because Pete did not raise such a personal topic for discussion.  The thread served it's function, a cry for help was heard and acted on.  Anything else should be private unless Pete wishes to raise the subject publicly.

I would say "trust me, I'm a doctor" but alas I'm just an imbecile.

Serial thread killer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 299 - 362
37 Pages Prev ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Goodbye Fellow Fishy People

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.