Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Goodbye Fellow Fishy People
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 19 Guests

Goodbye Fellow Fishy People

This thread currently has 41,340 views. Print
37 Pages Prev ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 Next All Recommend Thread
PPMariner
February 6, 2011, 12:16am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 9
I'm a fairly inconsistent (perhaps this is why I love Town) poster on here; reading a lot more than I comment upon - but nothing has been quite like this thread. I came to it this afternoon so, thankfully - by the time I'd read through all, as it stood, 20 pages - I was left feeling relieved and in equal measure, somewhat inspired by the amount we people can care about each other despite only being the merest cyber acquaintances.

Truly great effort by all concerned and I'm sure it can only resonate positively with pete and the future.

All the best with your recovery sir; you are a part of what makes 'the fishy' what it is.

"Associate yourself with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 320 - 362
tintowner
February 6, 2011, 12:19am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +603
Gold Stars: 20
Is it true that the Telegraph are onto this situation.......if so.bearing in mind how they report on stuff........heaven help us........all the best Pete

Batch, K.Moore, Waters, Wiggington, Crombie, Brolly, Ford, Drinkell, Mitchell, Cumming, Kilmore. D.Moore, Stone, Liddell. ....1979/80..... now that WAS a team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 321 - 362
CairnsMariner
February 6, 2011, 8:52am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +21
I don't post on here often and haven't been on for a while (most recently for a pretty obvious reason), but just wanted to add my congratulations to all of those involved in the hunt for Pete. Regardless of the significance of this search to Pete actually being found and getting to hospital, the display of compassion, concern and togetherness is a tribute to you all. I hope that Pete, whenever he gets to read this thread, draws some strength from the fact that so many people, several of whom wouldn't have known him very well, cared enough as to actually do something to try and help him. A testiment, perhaps, that even in these supposedly rotten and self-serving times, there is still a sense of community to be found (something we here in Queensland are discovering) when it is needed most.

My wife has experienced anxiety and depression and has a family history blighted by mental illness. It is a terrifying and draining condition that people without a connection to, simply cannot understand. At my little shop we actively promote an Australian initiative, Beyond Blue, that seeks to promote awareness and understanding of depression. I am astounded and encouraged by the number of people who notice our display and openly discuss their own issues. Only through openness and frankness on the behalf of people with mental illness and their families, will the lingering stigma attached to mental health finally be removed.

Good luck Pete. I know nothing of you other than your love for Grimsby Town, but I wish you courage in facing up to whatever comes your way in the future.

And again, well done boys and girls. You should all be proud of yourselves.

There's a crooked street in Grimsby Town
It's a well worn path I've travelled down
Now there's ruin in my name, I wish i'd never got off the train
And I wish I'd listened to the words you said....
...Don't go down to Freeman Street
Don't go down to Freeman Street
You'll be lost and never found
You can never turn around
Don't go down to Freeman Street

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 322 - 362
skegmariner
February 6, 2011, 2:59pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +4
I spend a lot of time reading the fishy but very rarely post to be honest, i have only just logged on after a weekend at work and i wanted to say well done to all you who posted and helped, fingers crossed that all is ok for Pete. it was very emotional reading the posts and lengths that people go to to help someone who they have probably never met and all due to 1 common love. well done UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 323 - 362
MarinerMatt24
February 6, 2011, 3:05pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +34 / -9
Approval: -1
Quoted from skegmariner
I spend a lot of time reading the fishy but very rarely post to be honest, i have only just logged on after a weekend at work and i wanted to say well done to all you who posted and helped, fingers crossed that all is ok for Pete. it was very emotional reading the posts and lengths that people go to to help someone who they have probably never met and all due to 1 common love. well done UTM

pity that someone a know in the upper findus, called  Pete and attention seeker for this

http://www.youtube.com/user/MarinerMatt24

<*(((((>< <*(((((><

COMON YOU MARINERS!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 324 - 362
MarinerMatt24
February 6, 2011, 3:16pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +34 / -9
Quoted from skegmariner

confused to what this means, heve i missed something lol

he called Pete an attention seeker for posting the topic on here in the first place   , imo it's uncalled for as i viewed it as a call for help

http://www.youtube.com/user/MarinerMatt24

<*(((((>< <*(((((><

COMON YOU MARINERS!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 325 - 362
skegmariner
February 6, 2011, 3:24pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +4
ah got ya some people see things differently to others and have possible no experience of depression as it makes you do things you would not normally do.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 326 - 362
SNOOZE
February 6, 2011, 10:44pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -18
Just seen this THREAD. I know there is BIG BANTER on this board but ALL CREDIT to everyone who helped pete out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 327 - 362
Dan
February 6, 2011, 11:35pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Everyone did a good job here and goes to show we can all pull together when needs be. I hope Pete comes out of this stronger, and can enjoy seeing a town playoff win

I can't believe none of you thought to look at the forums very handy map feature though!

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 328 - 362
theicenian
February 6, 2011, 11:57pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.99
Rep Score: +60 / -13
Quoted from Dan
Everyone did a good job here and goes to show we can all pull together when needs be. I hope Pete comes out of this stronger, and can enjoy seeing a town playoff win

I can't believe none of you thought to look at the forums very handy map feature though!

We weren't thinking very cool that night.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 329 - 362
37 Pages Prev ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Goodbye Fellow Fishy People

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.