This thread currently has 41,154 views. Print
37 Pages Prev ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 Next All Recommend Thread
kiwi pete
February 8, 2011, 9:14am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -1
Just arrived back from a bussiness trip down country, and caught the news of this thread ,well done all involved, I certainly hope Pete is well and recovers soon. as I enjoy reading his thread,  and look forward to more of them soon
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 350 - 362
theicenian
February 8, 2011, 10:15am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.99
Rep Score: +60 / -13
Perhaps we've all learnt something from this.  I know I have. When Pete's first post appeared I just assumed that he had some form of illness that was incurable and that he knew his time had come. I had forgotten him telling us about his depression it was only when some of the others began to rally round that I relised that we could do something though what I hadn't a clue particularly as Pete had logged off. It was only when the younger energetic ones among us who are far more competant with computers started working it through that it became clear that something positive could be done.
I have never met Pete but as we are of an age he became a mate on here as we both had similar memories and experiances and I shall always remember the lengths some folks went to to help him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 351 - 362
pseudonym
February 8, 2011, 3:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Quoted from theicenian
Perhaps we've all learnt something from this.  I know I have. When Pete's first post appeared I just assumed that he had some form of illness that was incurable and that he knew his time had come. I had forgotten him telling us about his depression it was only when some of the others began to rally round that I relised that we could do something though what I hadn't a clue particularly as Pete had logged off. It was only when the younger energetic ones among us who are far more competant with computers started working it through that it became clear that something positive could be done.
I have never met Pete but as we are of an age he became a mate on here as we both had similar memories and experiances and I shall always remember the lengths some folks went to to help him
Hope he is well soon. I will meet him in the Imp and bring him round to the Main Stand to team up with you if you like. If anyone else would like to meet him, I am sure he would be delighted although a trifle embarrassed.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 352 - 362
cmackenzie4
February 8, 2011, 3:51pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from pseudonym
Hope he is well soon. I will meet him in the Imp and bring him round to the Main Stand to team up with you if you like. If anyone else would like to meet him, I am sure he would be delighted although a trifle embarrassed.

i would like to meet up with pete when possible,always a pleasure to meet a fellow mariner,let us know when pete will be at blundell park and i will come and meet up.
chris

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 353 - 362
pseudonym
February 8, 2011, 3:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from cmackenzie4

i would like to meet up with pete when possible,always a pleasure to meet a fellow mariner,let us know when pete will be at blundell park and i will come and meet up.
chris
Just hope he will be able to make it. Will let you know

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 354 - 362
cmackenzie4
February 8, 2011, 4:01pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from pseudonym
Just hope he will be able to make it. Will let you know

yes so do i pseudonym, pm if he comes up to grimsby so i can arrange to be there mate,cheers

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 355 - 362
pseudonym
February 8, 2011, 4:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Am I seeing things ? grimsby pete logged on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 356 - 362
cmackenzie4
February 8, 2011, 4:17pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from pseudonym
Am I seeing things ? grimsby pete logged on

yes i noticed that too,lets hope hes reading the posts what people have put about him and that people genuinely care and wish him well,after all he is a fellow mariner  

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 357 - 362
theicenian
February 8, 2011, 4:43pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.99
Rep Score: +60 / -13
If you're reading this Pete, take your time mate,we want you back. When you're ready.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 358 - 362
ponnyfan
February 8, 2011, 6:11pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
Although I have never met Pete, we have a mutual friend in Pseudo and have had lots of banter via PM - All the very best for a speedy recovery mate

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 359 - 362
37 Pages Prev ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Goodbye Fellow Fishy People

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.