Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › MarinerMatt24's Cancer Journey
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 6 Guests

MarinerMatt24's Cancer Journey

This thread currently has 47,704 views. Print
29 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
MarinerMatt24
March 25, 2011, 6:38pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +34 / -9
Approval: -1
the thing is, they reckon taking a chunk out of me is the better option, instead of cutting into and stitching back up again, now all i know, from having phoned them on wednesday about it, is that they want to do it in the next 30 days, but i don't have an exact date yet...

they reckon that ripping a piece out of me, and then doing the skin graft while i'm out for the count is the better option, as they reckon that throwing chemo and radio at me won't be as effective, this one popped up in the same spot that i had radiotherapy blasted at me...

http://www.youtube.com/user/MarinerMatt24

<*(((((>< <*(((((><

COMON YOU MARINERS!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 282
bradzmilne
March 31, 2011, 9:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,419
Gold Stars: 30
hi matt, just keep battling pal a really inspiring story. You have a lot of people supporting you just remember me and the whole of thefishy is behind you. Keep going mate  

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 282
Marinerz93
March 31, 2011, 9:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from MarinerMatt24
the thing is, they reckon taking a chunk out of me is the better option, instead of cutting into and stitching back up again, now all i know, from having phoned them on wednesday about it, is that they want to do it in the next 30 days, but i don't have an exact date yet...

they reckon that ripping a piece out of me, and then doing the skin graft while i'm out for the count is the better option, as they reckon that throwing chemo and radio at me won't be as effective, this one popped up in the same spot that i had radiotherapy blasted at me...

It sounds aggressive what they are doing but don't let the buggers get the better of you Matt, keep fighting and keep your chin up.  Hopefully they'll clear it out so that you won't have to go through radiotherapy or chemo.  Your a tough cookie Matt and as always I'm right behind you, not literally, no need to turn round, all though that would be spooky, especially if I was speaking the words as you read them, I'll stop now

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 282
MarinerMatt24
March 31, 2011, 10:07pm

Pontoonite
Quoted from Marinerz93
as always I'm right behind you, not literally, no need to turn round, all though that would be spooky, especially if I was speaking the words as you read them, I'll stop now

funnily enough i did happen to turn around, expecting you to be breathing down my neck...

<*(((((>< <*(((((><

COMON YOU MARINERS!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 282
MarinerMatt24
April 5, 2011, 1:34pm

Pontoonite
meeting plastic surgeons on monday...

but still no date yet...

<*(((((>< <*(((((><

COMON YOU MARINERS!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 282
jock dock tower
April 5, 2011, 3:02pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Matt, when you meet the [/b]real [b] surgeons they'll give you a date

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 282
Redfish
April 7, 2011, 8:21pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Didnt know this thread was on, just read it right through. Jeeeez, you have been through it. Keep up the fight Brother.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 282
ponnyfan
April 8, 2011, 9:38pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
All my very best wishes to you Matt for your continued fight against this terrible disease. I can also relate to the battle to recover from ill health but for different reasons.My thoughts and hopes are with you.UTM !

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 282
MarinerMatt24
April 11, 2011, 6:54pm

Pontoonite
and they are to do the operation on April 27th, so my last game of the season will be vs Altrincham Town on Easter Monday...

<*(((((>< <*(((((><

COMON YOU MARINERS!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 282
gobby
April 11, 2011, 7:12pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +774
Gold Stars: 7
You will be up and running for all the pre- seasons tho Matt
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 282
29 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › MarinerMatt24's Cancer Journey

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.