Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › MarinerMatt24's Cancer Journey
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 6 Guests

MarinerMatt24's Cancer Journey

This thread currently has 47,717 views. Print
29 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Wrawby_Mariner
August 1, 2011, 11:30am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Super Clive
Yet another thread that makes me proud to be as GTFC FAN, you are a credit to yourself matt, you are so strong, keep fighting mate, I was wondering were you was on Friday night, I really hope you make the fleetwood game mate, you deserve to be stood in the Pontoon singing your heart out for the mighty mariners, you are so mighty yourself.

Keep fighting Matt we are all behind you in every single way possible.

Unbelievable Lad, your mum and Dad will be so proud of you mate.

All the Best

Wellsy

I can echo the comments of everyone else. Your part of the reason I got out of that chair because 'If Matt can get on without a fuss then so can I'. I'm so proud to call you my friend.

Wrawbz
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 180 - 282
pseudonym
August 1, 2011, 8:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Approval: -1
You know my thoughts Matt. Everyone connected with the travel club send their best wishes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 181 - 282
ponnyfan
August 4, 2011, 7:27pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
Keep going Matty - great to see you the other day ! Don't let your Mum wash the shirt  

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 182 - 282
Dan_Barker
August 4, 2011, 8:39pm

Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +5
Although i don't know you pal, as a town fan, just keep fighting and think of rob atkinson's face when we beat fleetwood

take me home
Grimsby road
to the place
I belong
to Blundell Park
to see the Mariners
take me home
Grimsby Road

twitter.com/BarkerDan7
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 183 - 282
bradzmilne
August 5, 2011, 11:02am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,429
Gold Stars: 30
Keep going matt, can only echo what others have said. Your a credit to the club, and an overall inspiration. Keep fighting and see you at fleetwood!

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 184 - 282
MarinerMatt24
August 6, 2011, 8:30pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +34 / -9
Approval: -1
ok guys, thursday night i was rushed to Louth A&E with breathing difficulties, turned out the fluid around the left lung was causing me some problems, well basically hte fluid was adding pressure to my heart and trachea/gullet/tube your food goes down. spent the night in hospital where they tried to insert a chest drain into me, couldn't get it in, so the tried again the next morning, they were thankfully successful and got it in...

didn't help that my heart and trachea were forced to the right side of my chest neither...

came off it this morning, but still got the drain in my chest, though thankfully i'm at home at the minute, i'm going back in tomorrow morning to get an ultrasound down on my chest, and may have the drain removed hopefully...

http://www.youtube.com/user/MarinerMatt24

<*(((((>< <*(((((><

COMON YOU MARINERS!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 185 - 282
barralad
August 6, 2011, 8:45pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from MarinerMatt24
ok guys, thursday night i was rushed to Louth A&E with breathing difficulties, turned out the fluid around the left lung was causing me some problems, well basically hte fluid was adding pressure to my heart and trachea/gullet/tube your food goes down. spent the night in hospital where they tried to insert a chest drain into me, couldn't get it in, so the tried again the next morning, they were thankfully successful and got it in...

didn't help that my heart and trachea were forced to the right side of my chest neither...

came off it this morning, but still got the drain in my chest, though thankfully i'm at home at the minute, i'm going back in tomorrow morning to get an ultrasound down on my chest, and may have the drain removed hopefully...

Jesus mate! You are really going through it. At times like this one feels powerless to do anything but echo the words of many, many others on here. KEEP FIGHTING!! All true Town fans are behind you every step of the way...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 186 - 282
upthestripes
August 6, 2011, 8:56pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from barralad

All true Town fans are behind you every step of the way...

Damn straight! Reckon  you'll be at Fleetwood Matt?

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 187 - 282
Marinerz93
August 6, 2011, 10:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from barralad

Jesus mate! You are really going through it. At times like this one feels powerless to do anything but echo the words of many, many others on here. KEEP FIGHTING!! All true Town fans are behind you every step of the way...

Barra, you've put into words exactly how I feel, it's often very difficult to put across what you want to say when someone is up against it.  Matt you've always got your extended fishy family to fall back on, I hope the players do you and us proud this season.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 188 - 282
petethemariner
August 6, 2011, 11:28pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
How do you put it into words? So much utter admiration for the way you are handling this , i d'ont know you Matt,
i understand you are a young chap, but it is  also  easy to understand from your posts that you will not give in - its also very easy for me to say it,  but NEVER give in, i'm with you and rooting for you every step of the way,
good luck Matt.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 189 - 282
29 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › MarinerMatt24's Cancer Journey

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.