Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › MarinerMatt24's Cancer Journey
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 6 Guests

MarinerMatt24's Cancer Journey

This thread currently has 47,720 views. Print
29 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
MarinerMatt24
February 24, 2011, 3:04pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +34 / -9
Approval: -1
just so you all know, i'm going under the surgeons knife, on tuesday (01/03/11), the surgeons had a slot come available at last minute, shame they won't take my appendix out while they're at it...

http://www.youtube.com/user/MarinerMatt24

<*(((((>< <*(((((><

COMON YOU MARINERS!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 282
Marinerz93
February 24, 2011, 7:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Best of luck mate, my thoughts are with you.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 282
gobby
February 25, 2011, 7:37pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Gold Stars: 7
Nice to meet you and your dad last Tuesday Matt. Good luck with everything mate.
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 282
MarinerMatt24
February 25, 2011, 9:42pm

Pontoonite
likewise mate  

<*(((((>< <*(((((><

COMON YOU MARINERS!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 282
MarinerMatt24
February 27, 2011, 11:53pm

Pontoonite
well it's gonna be a long week guys, and depending on internet access, you probably won't hear much from me during atleast the next 7 days i'll try and get an update out to you via Wrawbz or Wellsy, it's only a simple case of texting one or the other. cheerio lads and i'll be back in around a weeks time, be around 2 or so before i'm back at Blundell Park to cheer the lads on  

<*(((((>< <*(((((><

COMON YOU MARINERS!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 282
The_Laughing_Mariner
March 2, 2011, 2:11pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
Hey Matt, keep going.  The are you seeing anything good quip was just a bit of fun.  I didn't realise you were battling cancer.

I was diagnosed with hairy cell leukemia in November and had chemo in December.  I am making a full recovery and at the moment I am feeling better than I have done for years. On top of that I was made redundant on Christmas Eve, had to fight my employers for my entitled holiday pay and had my car broken into and written off, so its all been a bit of a shitter for the last three months or so.

Keep going and you are dead right when you say, its doesnt matter how often you fall over, its getting up that counts, and that encouragement is better that sympathy.

UTM

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 282
MarinerMatt24
March 2, 2011, 5:35pm

Pontoonite
Hey Matt, keep going.  The are you seeing anything good quip was just a bit of fun.  I didn't realise you were battling cancer.

I was diagnosed with hairy cell leukemia in November and had chemo in December.  I am making a full recovery and at the moment I am feeling better than I have done for years. On top of that I was made redundant on Christmas Eve, had to fight my employers for my entitled holiday pay and had my car broken into and written off, so its all been a bit of a shitter for the last three months or so.

Keep going and you are dead right when you say, its doesnt matter how often you fall over, its getting up that counts, and that encouragement is better that sympathy.

UTM

it's nothing to worry about TLM

they discharged me this afternoon, one night in and that was it, i'm somewhat shocked myself as i was expecting a few days in atleast...

7 days of bed rest now, which i've got no problem with, it's just missing the Wimbledon game on saturday i'm more peeved about  

<*(((((>< <*(((((><

COMON YOU MARINERS!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 282
grimsby pete
March 2, 2011, 7:23pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,801
Gold Stars: 222
Good lad Matt, keep your chin up mate.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 282
Marinerz93
March 3, 2011, 1:35am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Take it easy Matt, slowly slowly catchy monkey, tell them you need more bed baths  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 282
MarinerMatt24
March 3, 2011, 4:24pm

Pontoonite
Quoted from Marinerz93
Take it easy Matt, slowly slowly catchy monkey, tell them you need more bed baths  

funny really as the discharged me yesterday morning  , goes to show they're desperate for beds, seeing as i was in for one night  

only downside is no attractive female nurse to give me a bedbath  

<*(((((>< <*(((((><

COMON YOU MARINERS!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 282
29 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › MarinerMatt24's Cancer Journey

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.