Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › MarinerMatt24's Cancer Journey
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 25 Guests

MarinerMatt24's Cancer Journey

This thread currently has 47,722 views. Print
29 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... Next All Recommend Thread
gobby
July 4, 2011, 8:13am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Gold Stars: 7
Words escape me at the moment Matt but will see you at the friendly V Doncaster and will have a chat. Stay strong mate
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 282
Corkyefes
July 4, 2011, 11:06am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: -117
Gold Stars: 7
Never give up buddy!

A true inspiration!
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 282
petethemariner
July 4, 2011, 12:01pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Awful news for Redfish and Matt that really keeps everything in perspective, all our  own petty complaints are tiny in comparison   and even Football pales into insignificance when you read such things.
All we can do is wish you both the very, very best and   hope you can somehow  continue to find the Inner strength to battle this awful disease - i'm sure everyone on the Fishy  are with you both in these difficult days.
Strive to be there to celebrate GTFC's return to the league and climb up the divisions.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 282
theicenian
July 4, 2011, 12:05pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.99
Rep Score: +60 / -13
Approval: -1
I never know what to say on these sort of occassions.  You may rest assured we are all rooting for you and that we wish you the strength to keep up the fight.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 282
cmackenzie4
July 4, 2011, 12:07pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.26
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from Redfish
Hey Matt,
Guessed from your last post things were not good, but really did not want to hear this news, my thoughts are with you mate. You know my situation, not made it public on here, think only you and Wrawby know, but I'm in the same situation now. Was told I was terminal last July and had 12 months max. Had 2 ops, half my left lung and a third of the right removed last christmas, and things were looking fairly good. Still terminal, still gonna come back, but got more time. 1st June I went to Florida for 6 weeks, 18th I had to fly home as I could hardly breath. Turns out my left lung had collapsed. Scarborough hospital drained off 6ltrs of fluid but found a 4" tumour in my chest when they did an x ray. Spent a week in Jimmys in Leeds, been home this weekend but go back in Monday to begin chemo. 3 day treatment every 4 weeks for 6 months, not gonna be nice. Like you I did not want chemo, but I feel to well to be beaten just yet, still got things to do. I've been a biker all my life and have long hair and beard. My oncologist told me I will lose my hair and may look a bit strange, told him I've looked a tw*t all my life, not gonna start worrying now.
Only you know your own mind, there are some hard decisions and hard times ahead, make as much of time as possible, I'm sure you will. We will have a beer or 2 together this season, keep fighting Brother.

All the best to you as well redfish,you are an inspiration mate, great post.

chris

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 282
jock dock tower
July 4, 2011, 12:49pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Words are awfully meaningless when put into context of these two guy's situations. Along with everybody else I wish you both the very best in your endeavours to lead as wholesome a life as is humanly possible in your time remaining. I hope the Mariners can draw some kind of inspiration from you as well, and provide you with something that can hopefully light up part of your life.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 282
SuperBobbyC
July 4, 2011, 7:31pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Matt and Redfish - brave as fook.  Hope you guys ahieve all you're wanting to and much more beyond.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 282
ponnyfan
July 5, 2011, 7:03pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
This is tragic news - Make the most of your time guys.My Mother-in-law is currently going through this terrible trauma and is making the very best of her remaining time.Above all she makes the most of every day!I don't know Redfish, but all the best to you mate. I do know Matt, who is a passionate Mariner - look forward to seeing you at a game soon Matt - I know the Mariners are a huge part of your life.Remain positive in the face of adversity guys, giving up will not be an option for you both, because you both appear to be very positive people.
Words can simply not describe the way I feel, reading this tragic news! Warmest wishes to you both.

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 282
Rodley Mariner
July 5, 2011, 7:06pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
Can only reiterate what everybody else has said; so sorry to hear your sad news guys but make sure you get everything out of your life that you can. I know you'll both fight long and hard and be at Blundell Park to see Town back in the league where they belong.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 282
cmackenzie4
July 5, 2011, 7:30pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.26
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from ponnyfan
This is tragic news - Make the most of your time guys.My Mother-in-law is currently going through this terrible trauma and is making the very best of her remaining time.Above all she makes the most of every day!I don't know Redfish, but all the best to you mate. I do know Matt, who is a passionate Mariner - look forward to seeing you at a game soon Matt - I know the Mariners are a huge part of your life.Remain positive in the face of adversity guys, giving up will not be an option for you both, because you both appear to be very positive people.
Words can simply not describe the way I feel, reading this tragic news! Warmest wishes to you both.

Great words ponnyfan,its fans like you who make me proud to be a mariner.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 282
29 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › MarinerMatt24's Cancer Journey

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.