14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
ska face
February 23, 2024, 7:15pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,774
Gold Stars: 851
What happened to that GTFC stats lunatic on twitter who used to die weekly on the xG hill then just blocked everyone? Is he still posting on there or employed by the club now?
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 134
ginnywings
February 23, 2024, 7:20pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
I just think we are cursed, and I am in no way superstitious.

It seems like for the last 2 or 3 seasons, almost every shot the opposition hit, somehow ends up in the back of the net. Every long range shot arrows into the top or bottom corner, and I have a vision of a succession of keepers fishing the ball out of the net with alarming regularity.

Can't remember the last time I wasn't worried about conceding every time the away team cross the half way line.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 134
Heswall Mariner
February 23, 2024, 7:21pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +594
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from arryarryarry

I have no idea what xg data is or any other data that is showing we have improved all I see is us getting stuffed most weekends and lying 3rd from bottom of the EFL.

Have to agree here - it's all smoke & mirrors to me - xg data is akin to the Hans Christian Andersson fairy tale where it took a simple young lad in the crowd to see that the the king was naked despite assurances from his expensive tailors that he was a leader in fashion & the dogs balderdash.
Apologies to those who don't have a clue what this old fart is rambling on about. UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 134
jamesgtfc
February 23, 2024, 7:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from ska face
What happened to that GTFC stats lunatic on twitter who used to die weekly on the xG hill then just blocked everyone? Is he still posting on there or employed by the club now?

I began to think that he had recently been employed as our Head Coach, until I realised that our Head Coach released Efete which that person would have considered to be an act of racism.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 134
chaos33
February 23, 2024, 7:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,998
Gold Stars: 362
The man is conning himself and conning everyone else.
Lose tomorrow and he must go. I’m an open minded person, and I work in an environment where data-led decisions matter, but 90% of what he’s saying is delusional, deflective babbling fu*king nonsense.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 134
MuddyWaters
February 23, 2024, 7:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from pontoonlew
Been another overreaction to the interview but it’s to be expected now.

He’s right in a lot of what he says, but some of needs to actually start coming true instead of being just words.

We probably are creating more chances, we probably are conceding goals we shouldn’t and we probably should’ve picked up more points. However, we keep getting hammered. If the stats are correct, then results SHOULD follow, but it’s a very precarious position he finds himself in right now.

What doesn’t help though is fans ripping it to bits every week for the sake of it. If we pick up points away from home tomorrow, part of our disasterous home performances (for 2 seasons) might be able to be explained quite well…

Should be able to win every game next season if the metrics keep improving. Pity it’ll be against the likes of Dorking.

The biggest worry is that he’s already talking to players who are out of contract in the summer.
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 134
pen penfras
February 23, 2024, 7:50pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Maringer

But, in general, the number of good chances you create (xG), indicates how likely it is that you will score a goal. If you create more good chances, you are likely to score more goals. You surely can't deny that?

xG is a prime example of data being used to fit a narrative that is wrong. xG is based on averages, how often a chance of a certain quality results in a goal on average. But of course on average better players score that chance more often than worse players.

So having worse players, you'd expect us to have a higher xG than goals. The same for expected goals against.

The data isn't saying that we're doing better than the results show, it's saying that our players are excrement
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 134
forza ivano
February 23, 2024, 7:50pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
It's like he lives in a parallel universe, where we are comfortably mid table, n it just needs a couple of tweaks n we could be up there. Says we should be scoring more, well,we we are not
We are conceding more than the stats say we should. Well we are. We ate conceding wonder goals, which wont happen every week. Well we are.
No mention of 1 win in over 2 months, no mention of being dicked heavily every week  no mention of being bottom.of the form.table, no mention of the bottom 2 slowly but surely catching us up, no mention of us sleepwalking to a 3rd relegation. The man is feckin deluded
I despair
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 134
IlkleyMariner
February 23, 2024, 7:55pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 69
I’m not being indecisive, just can’t make up my mind whether we have crap players playing crap or underperforming good players. Or simply confused players with a manager trying to introduce new ideas.

I keep going back to Bradford City away when for a fleeting moment we were in second place in the league. Frustrating ain’t it?

Anyway I hope my data shows a comfortable away victory tomorrow….at least I’ll be there with an objective pal who supports Huddersfield Town. I can rely on his assessment whatever the result.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 134
GrimPol
February 23, 2024, 7:56pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -787
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from Heswall Mariner

Have to agree here - it's all smoke & mirrors to me - xg data is akin to the Hans Christian Andersson fairy tale where it took a simple young lad in the crowd to see that the the king was naked despite assurances from his expensive tailors that he was a leader in fashion & the dogs balderdash.
Apologies to those who don't have a clue what this old fart is rambling on about. UTM.

If DA and the Club actually said , "we played really rubbish, and must do better" we would not be consoled, but we wouldn't/couldn't argue with them. But no they say they played well, and things are on the up, and the fans don't know what they are talking about. And if they repeat this mantra with a straight face, the fans will one by one back  down as the inverse, upside down logic regurgtated at you wears you down and you give up. You see if the Expensive Tailors, told the lad he would get a thick ear and sent to bed without any supper, the King would be still parading naked.
The old adage of BBB Bovinedroppings Baffle Brains still is practised and doing well at 21st Group.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 134
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Pre Match Interview

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.