February 24, 2024, 12:50pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +642
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Stockport I think we’re 11/10. Donny we’re 11/4

I don't bet against us but Stockport were one hell of a price. Men vs boys.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 134
lew chaterleys lover
February 24, 2024, 12:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,728
Gold Stars: 237
Somebody said there had been a big meeting with the 21st Group about the data. If that is true it is very concerning if the outcome is a pat on the back for everyone and a feeling that we are actually doing quite well.

The team isn't set up right and the tactics, including your centre halves stranded in the opposition half is not a good strategy.

As regards the data itself even my wife can see the futility of it all, and as she said it's a shame we actually have to play the games otherwise we would be top of the league.

Whatever data they thought was good or bad, will not be replicated today so they spend all next week pouring over the data of today's game which will not impact the Forest Green home game in the slightest.
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 134
Heswall Mariner
February 24, 2024, 1:23pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +591
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from CSLM
Just listened to the humberside one. I think I'm in the minority but I like his interviews, really tries to answer the questions. He does contradict himself a bit with the stats and then saying that you can make data say anything but overall I thought it was a decent interview.

[b]Don't know why but it made me think if only we had Ryan Bennett sorting the defence out.

Going off piste a bit here - but does anyone know why we didn't sign Bennett?
He moved to the area & was training with us I believe - seemed a no brainer to me.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 134
GollyGTFC
February 24, 2024, 1:24pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,972
Gold Stars: 356
Apparently Morecambe were “the better side” on Tuesday night when they lost 3-0 at Walsall according to DA…

Some stats…

Result: Walsall 3-0 Morecambe
xG: Walsall 2.59-0.69 Morecambe
Shots on target: Walsall 6-1 Morecambe
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 133 - 134
GrimPol
February 24, 2024, 2:21pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -674
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from headingly_mariner
We've got 2 points but the stats say we should've had 9.

I really hope he's right and actually we are class.

Do you think the players buy into this or just management as they spent a fortune on it.?
Did our team go into the dresser 5:1 down, got indoctrinated by DA, and an hour later they were driving home with a view that they were the better team but just sooooooo unlucky? And if it wasn't for the fact that the fans were unhappy (fans eh, who wants them?) it would have been a pleasant afternoon. Don't worry about the points.
Perhaps GTFC can steer us non-believers to a website where we can be "reducated" and not make mistakes like that kid in "The Emperors New Clothes" (I've pinched this from another postee) where everyone admired the Kings New Clothes, and the kid only saw him naked, and dared to say so.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 134
14 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Pre Match Interview

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.