Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Lower Smith's racism/homophobic comment?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 24 Guests

Lower Smith's racism/homophobic comment?

This thread currently has 27,524 views. Print
38 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Stadium
October 31, 2021, 9:34pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Sir Matt Tease

FFS, I'm not denying something occurred, but based on the fact that nobody seems to have heard WHAT was said how do you know its was racist/homophobic ???????

Whilst I wasn't close enough to hear what was said to Taylor that prompted the announcement (although pretty obvious something crossed the line from the reaction of both sets of players), there definitely was separately some v loud & clear homophobic abuse inc shouts of f*ggot, p*ff and 'qu*er c*nt' at players. This was reported but when stewards acted, a big group closed ranks and was hard for people to speak up. Was separate to the incident that prompted announcement but was definitely present and really disappointing that there was so many denying hearing anything - it wasn't said quietly. Feel like both incidents got wrapped up in one and have the potential to be dismissed but atmosphere in that part of the middle Lower (we don't usually sit there) was toxic from some people today

There were two guys on the back row of the youngs constantly shouting f@ggot.

I heard ‘g****’ shouted from the Lower.
And could hear plenty of homophobic shouts too. Tend to trust that the reaction of our and their players is genuine (regardless if people heard or not) - and we need to do better.
To anyone in any doubt about whether anything discriminatory was said yesterday, don’t be.

I was in row E of the Lower, towards the away end and heard someone about 15-20 seats to my left call one of the injured County players “a flipping homosexual” very clearly on at least two occasions.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 190 - 371
Biccys
October 31, 2021, 10:01pm
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from Withnail

I usually agree with most of your views Ginny but this one is nonsense.

You find religion almost as offensive as racism? Really?

So you find the belief system of billions of Christians, Jews, Buddhists, Muslims, Hindus etc... almost as offensive as the views of violent, racist groups such as the KKK, or Combat 18? Really?

I know it's terribly on trend to be anti religious (well, Christian, at least) at present but some of the frothing at the mouth over faith, from the very same people who claim to be right on, is at best laughable and at worst completely hypocritical. And ironically the cohort of people most likely to be religious in the UK are now those from our former colonies.

While I'm not an apologist for the wrongs of religion, and I know they are as plentiful as they are terrible, I can also recognise that religion can provide comfort and that no religion creates a vacuum.

Each to their own - I couldn't care less if people are religious, or atheists, so long as they don't bang on about it and tell you your belief is wrong.

"With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil - that takes religion."
Steven Weinberg.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 191 - 371
Grimsby2012
October 31, 2021, 10:05pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,464
Gold Stars: 22
There's a lot of snow flakes on this forum

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 192 - 371
Fillipe Noche
October 31, 2021, 10:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from newarkmariner

oh feckoff you moaning idiot,lots off tolerance were i sit,lots off respect as well,we dont judge people by what they wear or if they clap the knee or not,also lots off banter and laughter(do you know what that is)lots off P%ss taking and its all amongst friends,friends who have been following town home and away for years ,have a few beers and funnily enough have never been any trouble,yes we chant and jeer at players who fain injury and cheat or goad us fans,but its never racist ,for me thats football,its part of what we love about it,if you think this is wrong well i can honestly say that my box of give a f&cks is truly empty, your very special,always got something too moan about,maybe you should take a leaf out of our books and live a little ,let your hair down and enjoy yourself,it may lighten you up.UTFM

i do love a red cross me hahaha

Shocking and not needed and not deserved
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 193 - 371
chaos33
October 31, 2021, 10:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,003
Gold Stars: 362
oh dear the spelling police are out,when youve got nothing to offer attack the grammar,boring zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Nothing to do with the ‘spelling police’. More an observation on intelligence.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 194 - 371
MuddyWaters
October 31, 2021, 10:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

Shocking and not needed and not deserved

It’s not a problem. Some people need to draw attention to themselves.
Private Message
Reply: 195 - 371
headingly_mariner
October 31, 2021, 10:59pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,403
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from Grimsby2012
There's a lot of snow flakes on this forum

Yeah imagine not being able to shout homosexual at someone in a public space.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 196 - 371
Poojah
October 31, 2021, 11:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,956
Gold Stars: 1,528

oh feckoff you moaning idiot,lots off tolerance were i sit,lots off respect as well,we dont judge people by what they wear or if they clap the knee or not,also lots off banter and laughter(do you know what that is)lots off P%ss taking and its all amongst friends,friends who have been following town home and away for years ,have a few beers and funnily enough have never been any trouble,yes we chant and jeer at players who fain injury and cheat or goad us fans,but its never racist ,for me thats football,its part of what we love about it,if you think this is wrong well i can honestly say that my box of give a f&cks is truly empty, your very special,always got something too moan about,maybe you should take a leaf out of our books and live a little ,let your hair down and enjoy yourself,it may lighten you up.UTFM

i do love a red cross me hahaha

Genuine question; has it ever occurred to you that your pseudonym is an anagram of "wankermariner"?

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 197 - 371
vernontown
October 31, 2021, 11:21pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +93
Gold Stars: 8
I wasn't near the alleged racist incident. Had no idea what had happened there.

I was near the guy referred to earlier in row B, somewhere in the 80's I think, who constantly had a go at Taylor. He said nothing racist, nothing homophobic, wasn't overly nasty content to what he was saying. But I still found myself incredulous at the pathetic childishness of his constant comments. He was just like a needy primary school kid who wanted affirmation of his status constantly from the people around him.

No doubt the likes of Newarkmariner and LewChatterly (or whatever his name is) would be frottaging each other at the sophistication of his humour!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 198 - 371
ginnywings
October 31, 2021, 11:38pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Goes and looks up frottaging.

Oo er!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 199 - 371
38 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Lower Smith's racism/homophobic comment?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.