Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Lower Smith's racism/homophobic comment?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 35 Guests

Lower Smith's racism/homophobic comment?

This thread currently has 27,577 views. Print
38 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
October 31, 2021, 5:05pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Withnail

I usually agree with most of your views Ginny but this one is nonsense.

You find religion almost as offensive as racism? Really?

So you find the belief system of billions of Christians, Jews, Buddhists, Muslims, Hindus etc... almost as offensive as the views of violent, racist groups such as the KKK, or Combat 18? Really?

I know it's terribly on trend to be anti religious (well, Christian, at least) at present but some of the frothing at the mouth over faith, from the very same people who claim to be right on, is at best laughable and at worst completely hypocritical. And ironically the cohort of people most likely to be religious in the UK are now those from our former colonies.

While I'm not an apologist for the wrongs of religion, and I know they are as plentiful as they are terrible, I can also recognise that religion can provide comfort and that no religion creates a vacuum.

Each to their own - I couldn't care less if people are religious, or atheists, so long as they don't bang on about it and tell you your belief is wrong.

Yes I do.

Some of the atrocities perpetrated in the name of religion are unspeakable. Not to mention the indoctrination and subjugation of vast swathes of people. Any heinous crime, violent or otherwise, that you can name, has been carried out by some religious group or another. It's happened for all of recorded time, is still happening and will carry on while people believe in a mythical all seeing power.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 371
Rick12
October 31, 2021, 5:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from ginnywings

Yes I do.

Some of the atrocities perpetrated in the name of religion are unspeakable. Not to mention the indoctrination and subjugation of vast swathes of people. Any heinous crime, violent or otherwise, that you can name, has been carried out by some religious group or another. It's happened for all of recorded time, is still happening and will carry on while people believe in a mythical all seeing power.
Iam going to leave this here but theres good and bad in all of us its just the path we decide to go down which defines us and for some its easier than others to go down the wrong path. Think of those who have had an abusive father who regularly smashes them about to the point of breaking bones when children and a drunken mother that never looks after them. Religion or no religion people will commit crime but overall Iam certain religion/religious/spiritual belief across the board has saved more and done more good than bad . Its just some peoples interpretation of it that warps it .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 371
HertsGTFC
October 31, 2021, 5:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.24
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,059
Gold Stars: 235
It’s not religion in itself that’s the issue it’s that it’s been used as a method of cohesive control for centuries with masses of people made to suffer for the gain of others.

I’m an atheist but in an odd kind of way have a bit of admiration for people who believe in something as long as it’s for the right reasons and they support values that are no harm to others.

To be fair I’m not that fussed if someone preaches towards me as I can choose to listen or not.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 172 - 371
newarkmariner
October 31, 2021, 6:01pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
oh ffs,not only is the fishy becoming a mouth piece for the easily offended ,now its got the god botherers spouting about there imaginary friends,never mind just under 3 wks until Phil the cod gets another chance to be offended and start a new thread on here.wonder what the next one will be about,litter in the stands,singing using swear words or the horrid crime of shouting your sh%T ahhhh at the poor visiting keeper.nipping out tomorrow too buy a 50p smoke bomb and a stone island jumper i in the hope i fit your small minded naratives. UTFM

red cross away
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 371
headingly_mariner
October 31, 2021, 6:12pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,407
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from newarkmariner
oh ffs,not only is the fishy becoming a mouth piece for the easily offended ,now its got the god botherers spouting about there imaginary friends,never mind just under 3 wks until Phil the cod gets another chance to be offended and start a new thread on here.wonder what the next one will be about,litter in the stands,singing using swear words or the horrid crime of shouting your sh%T ahhhh at the poor visiting keeper.nipping out tomorrow too buy a 50p smoke bomb and a stone island jumper i in the hope i fit your small minded naratives. UTFM

red cross away

It actually delayed the game for a bit yesterday. Seems fairly important.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 371
Phil the cod
October 31, 2021, 6:16pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61

red cross away

Actually,now you mention it, the pies aren't what they should be.
Although at the moment I'm being triggered into anger by miniature occultists knocking on my door demanding confectionery whilst I'm trying to watch songs of praise.
Private Message
Reply: 175 - 371
Phil the cod
October 31, 2021, 6:21pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61

red cross away
made me smile did this, can't disagree with any of it, just so you all know, I voted leave............... didn't see that coming did you.

Private Message
Reply: 176 - 371
pen penfras
October 31, 2021, 7:08pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -124
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from Phil the cod
made me smile did this, can't disagree with any of it, just so you all know, I voted leave............... didn't see that coming did you.

Racism, homophobia, religion and now brexit. You're an environmentalism post away from achieving a political bingo thread
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 177 - 371
Withnail
October 31, 2021, 7:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from ginnywings

Yes I do.

Khmer Rouge Killing Fields in Cambodia - that'll have been the Quakers. Stalin’s Communist Regime, the Methodists are to blame.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 178 - 371
HertsGTFC
October 31, 2021, 7:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.24
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,059
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Withnail

Khmer Rouge Killing Fields in Cambodia - that'll have been the Quakers. Stalin’s Communist Regime, the Methodists are to blame.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 179 - 371
38 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Lower Smith's racism/homophobic comment?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.