Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Support our players taking the knee?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
Bogtrotter, Phisch and 28 Guests

Do you support Grimsby players 'taking the knee'?
Yes
No
  View Results 195 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Support our players taking the knee?

This thread currently has 26,961 views. Print
25 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
December 7, 2020, 6:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,024
Gold Stars: 117

Yeah! That daft bint who threw herself under the kings horse made no difference at all. Just an empty gesture. And buggered up a decent race.

She did make a difference, my grandad had a fiver on Anmer to win.
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 242
HertsGTFC
December 7, 2020, 6:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.24
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,121
Gold Stars: 241
If the players and refs want to do it then it’s up to them but to me all lives matter.

Similar to clapping the NHS on a Thursday night you don’t have to do something indefinitely to make a point.

Personally think the players and officials should park this for a while and move the focus on raising awareness that the game and society in general needs to embrace greater diversity.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 242
ska face
December 7, 2020, 6:47pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,943
Gold Stars: 857
Quoted from Humbercod

Wasn’t this just after BLM had run riot in London?  looting shops and attacking police officers? Then finished off with the desecration of one of our greatest war hero’s.

So they decided to protest the attacking of police by...attacking the police?

Interesting approach.
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 242
rancido
December 7, 2020, 6:50pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,683
Gold Stars: 102

Yeah! That daft bint who threw herself under the kings horse made no difference at all. Just an empty gesture. And buggered up a decent race.

You lost all credibility when you said "daft bint". Nothing to do with irony but you condemn racism by using a sexist remark.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 242
Dogger Bank
December 7, 2020, 7:05pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +161
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from psgmariner
For those who think town players should continue taking the knee when do you think the right time for them to stop will be?

Right now. Virtue signalling at its finest and won't achieve a thing. To be labelled being part of the problem if anyone disagrees with taking the knee is laughable. I want it gone from football and any sport for that matter. The BLM are a political movement that has no place in sporting events.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 242
BobbyCummingsTackle
December 7, 2020, 7:17pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +7,368
Gold Stars: 310
Quoted from rancido

You lost all credibility when you said "daft bint". Nothing to do with irony but you condemn racism by using a sexist remark.

I lost all credibility a long time ago.

The comment was meant to be completely ironic/sarcastic. I condemn sexism as fervently as I condemn racism.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 242
BobbyCummingsTackle
December 7, 2020, 7:19pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

She did make a difference, my grandad had a fiver on Anmer to win.

That made me laugh.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 242
TAGG
December 7, 2020, 7:27pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,915
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from Hagrid
Completely support. If your offended by players taking a stance against racism then seriously take a look at yourself

This just goes to prove how decisive BLM are.
I have no problems with any initiative to stop racism in sport and support them wholeheartedly but I can't support this in the name of BLM a political group intent on division, the overthrow of capitalism the defunding of the police and open borders.
That's what I call a political group.
What about the player with the Black power salute while others were taking the knee, what a male masturbators.
When we get back in BP I will not boo but I will turn my back.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 242
BobbyCummingsTackle
December 7, 2020, 7:31pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from TAGG

This just goes to prove how decisive BLM are.
I have no problems with any initiative to stop racism in sport and support them wholeheartedly but I can't support this in the name of BLM a political group intent on division, the overthrow of capitalism the defunding of the police and open borders.
That's what I call a political group.
What about the player with the Black power salute while others were taking the knee, what a male masturbators.
When we get back in BP I will not boo but I will turn my back.

So to make your opinion known you will exercise your right to demonstrate in a peaceful manner and in return you will expect your protest to be noted and that you won't be persecuted for expressing your right of free speech.

Fancy that.......

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 242
Poojah
December 7, 2020, 7:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +30,089
Gold Stars: 1,547
Quoted from 3610

It’s not how it was meant. It was meant to be a suggestion they could have been. And if you look at other explosive sports they seem to dominate? It was meant to be a suggestion. Not an actual fact. Deleted anyway.

There is of course something in the fact that black people appear better suited to sports which require explosive power for example. The last white man to win a 100m Olympic gold medal was in 1980, and since then there hasn't been a single white athlete making the 8 man line-up in the final.

Similarly, the last four men's marathon world record holders were not only black but specifically Kenyan. Evidently, genetics plays a big role in athletic capability, or at least at an elite level. There are of course many white men who are more athletic than many black men, just as there are many women who are more athletic than many men.

Is it racist to point this out, even inversely so, that perhaps white people are on average athletically inferior to black people? I don't think it is, if there is strong evidence to back up such a theory.

The problem is that historic prejudices still prevail, often unconsciously, that black people are for instance less intelligent than white people, or more predisposed to commit crime. This, to the very best of my knowledge, has never been robustly backed up with evidence because it isn't true. Of course, there are fewer black people in higher education and senior management positions etc. and a higher percentage of the black population convicted of crimes however much of this is due to present day societal factors brought about through historic stereotyping and economic disadvantages.

These are the things that need to change in order to reach some kind of harmony and equality in our world. Yes, the odd idiot indulging in racist taunts and gestures is moronic and absolutely needs stamping out, but it's the tip of the iceberg really. There's a lot of history to be undone.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 242
25 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Support our players taking the knee?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.