Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Support our players taking the knee?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 32 Guests

Do you support Grimsby players 'taking the knee'?
Yes
No
  View Results 195 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Support our players taking the knee?

This thread currently has 26,530 views. Print
25 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Henryscat
December 7, 2020, 1:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395

Cobblers. Poppies are once a year, a minutes silence is one minute. This lark has be going on for so long it will soon  be counter productive especially when the fans are back in numbers. The only reason it hasn’t been more divisive is because it has taken advantage of the virus rules.

Just playing Devil’s advocate but how long is too long?? Is wearing a poppy 102 years after the end of the war long enough??

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 242
majestic tees
December 7, 2020, 1:34pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: -2
100% yes. It's the right thing to do.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 242
Humbercod
December 7, 2020, 1:35pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,488
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from ska face

a 10-second silent protest against racial discrimination.

When even the Guardian reports the BLM movement has caused an increase in racial tension, then I think it’s fair to say the protest has failed.... unproductive empty gestures time to move on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 242
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
December 7, 2020, 1:43pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from Humbercod

When even the Guardian reports the BLM movement has caused an increase in racial tension, then I think it’s fair to say the protest has failed.... unproductive empty gestures time to move on.

What would you do?

Racism is still endemic in English football and wider society. Something needs to be done but I agree that 'taking the knee' doesn't seem to be working judging by many of the posts I see on the Fishy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 242
lew chaterleys lover
December 7, 2020, 1:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,747
Gold Stars: 237

What would you do?

Racism is still endemic in English football and wider society. Something needs to be done but I agree that 'taking the knee' doesn't seem to be working judging by many of the posts I see on the Fishy

My answer would be to report any abuse, then through the normal channels of the police and the courts make sure the offenders are hit hard.

There are equality laws for a reason, and this applies to football as in any other walk of life.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 242
Henryscat
December 7, 2020, 1:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Approval: +1,395

My answer would be to report any abuse, then through the normal channels of the police and the courts make sure the offenders are hit hard.

There are equality laws for a reason, and this applies to football as in any other walk of life.

This should result in lifetime bans from the grounds but it doesn’t unfortunately

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 242
ska face
December 7, 2020, 1:52pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,763
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from Humbercod

Where are the tensions coming from?

For example, when a group of young, peaceful protestors (a decent proportion, of not majority, women) decide to silently walk along Cleethorpes prom then stand on the beach for a few speeches, who was it that ended up on the front of the paper?

It was the group of largely middle-aged blokes who’d spent most of the day on the drink, then decided to fight with the police, shout and swear at the protestors and throw eggs at the women and kids.

Who needs to adjust their behaviour in that situation?
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 242
jonnyboy82
December 7, 2020, 1:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
The BLM started out as something to try and bring everyone closer together but its now seen imo as something that has dragged on far too long and tbh i find it quite offensive that if you don't take a knee its deemed as racist.

The shelf life has expired and millions of lives are taken wrongly every year so something that was supposed to bring us closer is now becoming a thing that's doing the opposite,  i believe all lives matter and black lives mean just as much as white asian Hispanic etc so its time imo to move on and stop forcing people to make a choice.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 242
Ruston AT
December 7, 2020, 2:04pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Approval: +427
Gold Stars: 10

I've no problem people taking the knee, my objection is the clenched fist. I remember the 1972 Olympics (i think, i'm sure someone will correct me) where black power came to the fore, the idea is equal rights isn't it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 242
BobbyCummingsTackle
December 7, 2020, 2:08pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,299
Gold Stars: 307

Yep, the police and courts are the right way to go. Especially as those 2 channels have no history of being discrimatory in any way whatsoever.......

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 242
25 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Support our players taking the knee?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.