Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Support our players taking the knee?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 21 Guests

Do you support Grimsby players 'taking the knee'?
Yes
No
  View Results 195 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Support our players taking the knee?

This thread currently has 26,740 views. Print
25 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... Next All Recommend Thread
barralad
December 9, 2020, 11:28pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,300
Gold Stars: 127

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 242
December 10, 2020, 5:56am
Guest User
Quoted from codcheeky
That there is anyone on here who doesn’t think they are racist that wants to stop a peaceful protest against discrimination and would boo and insult their own team for standing up for what is common respect and decency disappoints me, unfortunately  it doesn’t shock me, there are racists in abundance in our home town , plenty on here looking to try to explain their racism away with deflection and whataboutery but in their  hearts they know what it’s about

Excellent comment. The truth of it will attract more crosses than likes.
Reply: 141 - 242
aldi_01
December 10, 2020, 6:20am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from codcheeky
That there is anyone on here who doesn’t think they are racist that wants to stop a peaceful protest against discrimination and would boo and insult their own team for standing up for what is common respect and decency disappoints me, unfortunately  it doesn’t shock me, there are racists in abundance in our home town , plenty on here looking to try to explain their racism away with deflection and whataboutery but in their  hearts they know what it’s about

It’s a bit like trying to argue there’s no place for peaceful protest in sport because there’s no place for politics in sport...I mean anyone that thinks that should probably step away from the game...politics is and has always been involved in sport.

Would those so vehemently opposed to take the knee have challenged and booed those who felt the need to clap that twonk at Luton? Do they challenge the notion of singing an anthem? If someone were wrongly convicted would they challenge a protest? How do they cope with the deputy leader of the council owning the club? How did they feel when two completely invisible and incompetent local MPs were handed townnshirts in nothing more than an awful attempt at gaining publicity?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 242
December 10, 2020, 7:52am
Guest User
Quoted from aldi_01

It’s a bit like trying to argue there’s no place for peaceful protest in sport because there’s no place for politics in sport...I mean anyone that thinks that should probably step away from the game...politics is and has always been involved in sport.

Would those so vehemently opposed to take the knee have challenged and booed those who felt the need to clap that twonk at Luton? Do they challenge the notion of singing an anthem? If someone were wrongly convicted would they challenge a protest? How do they cope with the deputy leader of the council owning the club? How did they feel when two completely invisible and incompetent local MPs were handed townnshirts in nothing more than an awful attempt at gaining publicity?

Well said. I love the history of the Royal family, I love my country but I'm a Republican and don't agree with jingoistic God Save The Queen so don't sing it, I would never boo though.
Reply: 143 - 242
arryarryarry
December 10, 2020, 12:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,052
Gold Stars: 117
It looks like Millwall players have given up taking the knee.
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 242
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
December 10, 2020, 2:59pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
I do wonder, does Hanson need support to take the knee?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 242
barralad
December 10, 2020, 3:49pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,300
Gold Stars: 127
I do wonder, does Hanson need support to take the knee?

Might be as well taking someone else's knee and giving it to him?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 242
Norseman
December 10, 2020, 4:21pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +277
Gold Stars: 48
Quoted from arryarryarry
It looks like Millwall players have given up taking the knee.

About time. Kneeling to the BLM is just wrong. Linking arms, wearing logos, kick it out and other initiatives have no negative connotations that all can get behind. Not supporting taking the need does not equate to racism.
I will certainly boo taking the knee. If showing my displeasure at kneeling to a marxist, racist group like the BLM makes me racist in the eyes of those who agree with the BLM so be it. I dont seek or require their consent or approval. I am comfortable in the knowledge that i have never discriminated against anyone for their race, sex, or disability

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 242
Son of Cod
December 10, 2020, 4:37pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,348
Gold Stars: 197

I am so sorry. I didn't realise you had a stutter.

Is there anything we can do pre-match for stutterers everywhere?

Surely VVV-Venlo in the Dutch league can get something sorted for this?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 242
arryarryarry
December 10, 2020, 4:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,052
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Norseman

About time. Kneeling to the BLM is just wrong. Linking arms, wearing logos, kick it out and other initiatives have no negative connotations that all can get behind. Not supporting taking the knee does not equate to racism.
I will certainly boo taking the knee. If showing my displeasure at kneeling to a marxist, racist group like the BLM makes me racist in the eyes of those who agree with the BLM so be it. I dont seek or require their consent or approval. I am comfortable in the knowledge that i have never discriminated against anyone for their race, sex, or disability

I think the Millwall manager effectively said that after the game on Saturday.
Private Message
Reply: 149 - 242
25 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Support our players taking the knee?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.