Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Support our players taking the knee?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Do you support Grimsby players 'taking the knee'?
Yes
No
  View Results 195 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Support our players taking the knee?

This thread currently has 26,507 views. Print
25 Pages Prev ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 All Recommend Thread
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
December 21, 2020, 4:41pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Sandford1981

I’m well aware of Sarah Champion and her fight against abuse full stop.
I’m also not daft enough to realise that given her profile she’s well known for cases involving Asian grooming gangs.
I’m not for 1 second going to deny their existence historically or be stupid enough to think they’re not around now either, or will continue to be in the future sadly.

I do not believe grooming gangs are exclusively Asian just as I don’t believe all lone paedophiles are white. The commonality among all these perpetrators is their crime, and their predilection is to abuse and therefore we must do all we can to combat the problems. However, If there is a pattern of behaviour or characteristics that go beyond the crime, we should absolutely investigate it.
I do believe in the process of profiling these crimes and the abusers as part of a plan to disrupt future crimes in the same way as profiling is used in other areas. But it is also a fine line and dangerous to make broad generalisations too.

It’s clearly a delicate process and we must be guided by hard In depth evidence and experts with knowledge and experience in key areas from a multitude of backgrounds  
That’s why when people on here with knowledge of the care system like friskney talk I tend to listen to their views. First hand knowledge and experience is priceless.

That is the whole point. The commonality of the crimes in Rotherham, Rochdale etc. lies in the culture of the perpetrators. It goes beyond sexual gratification onto the defiling of particular girls whose own background and culture is denigrated deliberately by those perpetrators.

"Some Muslim men involved in cases where young white girls have been abused view them as "worthless", the head of the UK's Ramadhan Foundation has said.

Mohammed Shafiq told Sky News: "There is a minority of criminals involved in sexual abuse of children in on-street gang grooming who view white girls as worthless.

"They think they can be used in this abhorrent sort of way where they can be seen as trash."

Now, they may indeed be a minority but there is no doubt that the sexist attitudes within some Asian communities contributes not only to the commission of the crimes but also to the covering up of them.

Then you must add on to that the reluctance of authorities and the police to even investigate on occasion because of a fear of appearing racist.

We cannot simply keep on excusing this as a minority happening. The police were happy to believe a Walter Mitty about a non-existent child abuse ring when it allegedly contained wealthy and powerful white male persons, yet strangely reluctant to delve into the organised paedophilia we are talking about here deliberately aimed at young white girls. Also worth noting here that some of those girls were not care residents when first approached but normal teenagers from good homes seduced by money and gifts and someone showing an interest.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 240 - 242
Bigdog
January 25, 2021, 6:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Before taking an emotional uninformed view on this subject, please take the time out to read the works or watch the videos of Thomas Sowell. One of the greatest and most learned Americans of all time.. He dissects the whole US racial divide debate completely, where it's going wrong and how to address it..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 241 - 242
Humbercod
January 25, 2021, 7:26pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,488
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Bigdog
Before taking an emotional uninformed view on this subject, please take the time out to read the works or watch the videos of Thomas Sowell. One of the greatest and most learned Americans of all time.. He dissects the whole US racial divide debate completely, where it's going wrong and how to address it..

Watching his YouTube videos he speaks perfect sense very clever man. I was surprised to hear he was once a Marxist, which goes to show with the right propaganda, even the most intelligent amongst us can be seduced.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 242 - 242
25 Pages Prev ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Support our players taking the knee?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.