Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Support our players taking the knee?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Do you support Grimsby players 'taking the knee'?
Yes
No
  View Results 195 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Support our players taking the knee?

This thread currently has 26,739 views. Print
25 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... Next All Recommend Thread
ska face
December 8, 2020, 5:30pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,826
Gold Stars: 854

Sadly for you I am not a racist. We have had this conversation before, as you well know. You will also recall I called you out for it then, as I am calling you out for it now. You cannot go around labelling people racist just because they don't agree with your view of the world.

I don’t recall anything you have ever said to me, sorry. I only recall every comment you seem to make having the air of a pub racist or someone who gets his opinions exclusively from The Sun.

If it walks like a duck...
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 242
Rick12
December 8, 2020, 5:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45

Sadly for you I am not a racist. We have had this conversation before, as you well know. You will also recall I called you out for it then, as I am calling you out for it now. You cannot go around labelling people racist just because they don't agree with your view of the world.
Saw this a while back. Huge respect to this black police officer during the black lives matter movement in the USA telling the lady to stop dishing out the words racist to his white colleague  just because he is white. Strikes me as a good honest man that Iam sure does the police uniform proud. We need more like him representing our police all over the world.

God bless his soul

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 242
GYinScuntland
December 8, 2020, 6:08pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Quoted from Sir Matt Tease
Let’s take a closer look at the Black Lives Matter movement. It is a masterpiece of political marketing driven by “WHITE LEFT WING” activists, a sort of political protection racket following a well-trodden path of agitating and shaming us in to providing money and support.
It’s a slogan with a campaign attached, linked to some pretty heavy racial ideology and propaganda.  None of it can be criticised without appearing to oppose the idea that black lives do indeed matter.
BLM is a classic and effective piece of rhetorical blackmail. Either get on board or you’re a racist: that is the logic of it – a logic driven by fear.
It’s the perfect slogan, as befitting the powerful alignment between progressive liberal-left politics and the PR, media and advertising industries across the Anglophone world. There’s an immediate and powerful social block on even questioning this movement just from its name.
One of the great successes of the campaign is how it has got many institutions in our society applying this block themselves, promoting the organisation and even punishing insiders who publicly question and criticise any activities carried out under the BLM branding.
It appears that institutional Britain has broadly accepted that political support for Black Lives Matter is compulsory, seemingly without questioning it or being able to critically assess its goals.
It’s likely that very few people in institutional Britain have a clue what they are supporting when they back BLM, as footballer’s do most weekends.
The BLM manifesto, seemingly copied and pasted from previous far left campaigns, tells us,
“We are guided by a commitment to dismantle imperialism, capitalism, white-supremacy, patriarchy and the state structures that disproportionately harm black people in Britain and around the world”
It says it will spend the funds on political lobbying, “Developing and delivering healing practices in black communities”, whatever that means, and “Developing and delivering training, police monitoring and strategies for the abolition of police.” It also talks about wanting “reparations of black people dealing with generational trauma and institutional racism”.
It’s drivel, but dangerous drivel: trying to stir up grievance among their target groups and shame governments, business and individuals into giving them and other activists money: a kind of political protection racket.
Supporting progressive identity activism gives us a quick ‘hit’ of that meaning and purpose we lack, making us appear in a positive light to those who dominate our public life and those who go along with this domination. The identity activists exploit this for all its worth.
Superficially this ‘virtue signalling’ makes life easier, while thinking for ourselves and going against the grain makes things harder. However, going along with it doesn’t ultimately protect us. The demands keep on coming. For BLM is a campaign with no possible limits and no end in sight. They always want more and always have accusations of racism in their back pocket to use if you choose to resist.
This is the way it’s going. We can see it in America with the New York Times and other media outlets. We can also see it in our own BBC, many of whose presenters now openly propagate radical identity politics, seemingly not bothered by the damage they are doing to one of our country’s greatest creations and its reputation for impartiality.  The BBC routinely gives BLM activists a platform to voice nebulous claims – claims which the corporation apparently lacks the inclination or the will to scrutinise. Indeed, it is sometimes difficult to distinguish activists from BBC presenters.
If BLM is truly about making black lives better why are they not visible in Africa where slavery is rife with trafficking of children and women and sexual slavery endemic ?.
I’m afraid we are being taken for fools by these left wing activists for whom improving the lives of black people is pretty low on their agenda.

A big green tick from me and if there was a share button I'd be hitting it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 242
carrot top
December 8, 2020, 6:29pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2

That's it?

"A Black Lives Matter group" has registered. They "could" field candidates next year.

So a group allied to Black Lives Matters has registered, not the actual Black Lives Matter organisation - because it is not a single organisation.

And your article is from The Telegraph. Not exactly the most reliable source in the debate.
So you are more reliable. But it doesn’t fit your thought so you dismiss it

That has the feel of 'a bloke in the pub told me' or 'I read it on Facebook'.

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 242
rancido
December 8, 2020, 6:30pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,667
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from Ipswin

Oh for felicitations sake If you can't get him as a racist you'll get him for being sexist!

So you don't think referring to a woman as a 'bint' isn't sexist? I know it was said partly in jest but you could equally argue some racist remarks were just banter. Where do you draw the line.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 242
Gaffer58
December 8, 2020, 6:53pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,104
Gold Stars: 33
I see ex professional footballer and now on the club management at QPR Les Ferdinand is saying it’s time to stop the knee, is he a racist ?
Plus, footballers in this country are doing the knee but I haven’t noticed before any episode of Coronation Street the cast taking the knee, so again are they racist?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 242
promotion plaice
December 8, 2020, 9:11pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,086
Gold Stars: 201

This is a new one:

"The Champions League game between Paris Saint-Germain and Basaksehir has been interrupted after players walked off the field on Tuesday after alleging a fourth official used a racial slur against an assistant coach."

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 242
moosey_club
December 8, 2020, 9:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,334
Gold Stars: 229
I think we need to take the knee and maybe try and hold it for the first 45 mins to avoid conceding.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 242
BobbyCummingsTackle
December 8, 2020, 9:25pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,344
Gold Stars: 309
Quoted from Sir Matt Tease
Let’s take a closer look at the Black Lives Matter movement. It is a masterpiece of political marketing driven by “WHITE LEFT WING” activists, a sort of political protection racket following a well-trodden path of agitating and shaming us in to providing money and support.
It’s a slogan with a campaign attached, linked to some pretty heavy racial ideology and propaganda.  None of it can be criticised without appearing to oppose the idea that black lives do indeed matter.
BLM is a classic and effective piece of rhetorical blackmail. Either get on board or you’re a racist: that is the logic of it – a logic driven by fear.
It’s the perfect slogan, as befitting the powerful alignment between progressive liberal-left politics and the PR, media and advertising industries across the Anglophone world. There’s an immediate and powerful social block on even questioning this movement just from its name.
One of the great successes of the campaign is how it has got many institutions in our society applying this block themselves, promoting the organisation and even punishing insiders who publicly question and criticise any activities carried out under the BLM branding.
It appears that institutional Britain has broadly accepted that political support for Black Lives Matter is compulsory, seemingly without questioning it or being able to critically assess its goals.
It’s likely that very few people in institutional Britain have a clue what they are supporting when they back BLM, as footballer’s do most weekends.
The BLM manifesto, seemingly copied and pasted from previous far left campaigns, tells us,
“We are guided by a commitment to dismantle imperialism, capitalism, white-supremacy, patriarchy and the state structures that disproportionately harm black people in Britain and around the world”
It says it will spend the funds on political lobbying, “Developing and delivering healing practices in black communities”, whatever that means, and “Developing and delivering training, police monitoring and strategies for the abolition of police.” It also talks about wanting “reparations of black people dealing with generational trauma and institutional racism”.
It’s drivel, but dangerous drivel: trying to stir up grievance among their target groups and shame governments, business and individuals into giving them and other activists money: a kind of political protection racket.
Supporting progressive identity activism gives us a quick ‘hit’ of that meaning and purpose we lack, making us appear in a positive light to those who dominate our public life and those who go along with this domination. The identity activists exploit this for all its worth.
Superficially this ‘virtue signalling’ makes life easier, while thinking for ourselves and going against the grain makes things harder. However, going along with it doesn’t ultimately protect us. The demands keep on coming. For BLM is a campaign with no possible limits and no end in sight. They always want more and always have accusations of racism in their back pocket to use if you choose to resist.
This is the way it’s going. We can see it in America with the New York Times and other media outlets. We can also see it in our own BBC, many of whose presenters now openly propagate radical identity politics, seemingly not bothered by the damage they are doing to one of our country’s greatest creations and its reputation for impartiality.  The BBC routinely gives BLM activists a platform to voice nebulous claims – claims which the corporation apparently lacks the inclination or the will to scrutinise. Indeed, it is sometimes difficult to distinguish activists from BBC presenters.
If BLM is truly about making black lives better why are they not visible in Africa where slavery is rife with trafficking of children and women and sexual slavery endemic ?.
I’m afraid we are being taken for fools by these left wing activists for whom improving the lives of black people is pretty low on their agenda.

Eloquent, well written, impassioned......and right wing b*llshit. The exact argument that a right wing government would hope that their apologists make to protect their privileged life and make sure they're not being asked the really difficult questions they have no (legal or moral) answers for.

A country 'led' by an immoral liar with no interest beyond self interest, surrounded by incompetents who got their jobs through the 'network' and are rewarding their cronies further down the food chain in the same manner.

This government poses a far greater threat to 'British values' than Black Lives Matter could ever dream of. Don't believe the b*llshit you're being fed.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 242
TAGG
December 8, 2020, 9:36pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,941
Gold Stars: 126

Eloquent, well written, impassioned......and right wing b*llshit. The exact argument that a right wing government would hope that their apologists make to protect their privileged life and make sure they're not being asked the really difficult questions they have no (legal or moral) answers for.

A country 'led' by an immoral liar with no interest beyond self interest, surrounded by incompetents who got their jobs through the 'network' and are rewarding their cronies further down the food chain in the same manner.

This government poses a far greater threat to 'British values' than Black Lives Matter could ever dream of. Don't believe the b*llshit you're being fed.

FFS Jeremy I thought you and Momentum had copulated off when the country rejected your left wing, Marxist balderdash.
Go live in the Marxist utopia that is Venezuela see how that goes for you.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 242
25 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Support our players taking the knee?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.