Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Anti-racism protests
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
chaos33, Humbercod, mariner91 and 99 Guests

Anti-racism protests

This thread currently has 22,315 views. Print
30 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
barralad
June 23, 2020, 4:09pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127

When the left win an election they can set the agenda. That is the way it has worked up to this point.

Of course you can't see any of my points as you come from a completely different perspective but I bet "millions of ordinary Britons " do indeed recognise my point of mob rule aided and abetted by a cowed media.

Fair enough you don't want a reasoned debate.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 290
lew chaterleys lover
June 23, 2020, 4:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,759
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from barralad

The arguments around the NHS have been done to death on here and elsewhere but the fight against Covid-19 has showed the consequences of 10 years of underfunding-report findings ignored etc. etc. resulting in the deaths of hundreds of peoplease who had the right to be protected in their place of work. If the country is to deal with potentially second and further waves of this or even new viruses then I'm afraid more money will have to be spent on the NHS and the Government will have to reprioritise their commitments.

Just how much more money would you like spending on it? Where would the extra billions come from? Would you be happy,say, if we scrapped the overseas aid budget and gave it all to the NHS?

I have used the NHS all my life and there has never been a problem that wasn't reasonable.

What you want is nirvana but it is not possible.

And why is everything the government's fault? What about the hundreds of highly paid middle managers who are paid to ensure the NHS runs smoothly- should they not be blamed?

How about reducing the less important services which are cosmetic or refusing to treat drunks and drug users that infest the service?

Private Message
Reply: 91 - 290
lew chaterleys lover
June 23, 2020, 5:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from barralad

Fair enough you don't want a reasoned debate.

I will defend my political beliefs as fiercely as you do yours.
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 290
barralad
June 23, 2020, 5:10pm
Mariners Trust

Just how much more money would you like spending on it? Where would the extra billions come from? Would you be happy,say, if we scrapped the overseas aid budget and gave it all to the NHS?

I have used the NHS all my life and there has never been a problem that wasn't reasonable.

What you want is nirvana but it is not possible.

And why is everything the government's fault? What about the hundreds of highly paid middle managers who are paid to ensure the NHS runs smoothly- should they not be blamed?

How about reducing the less important services which are cosmetic or refusing to treat drunks and drug users that infest the service?

Seeing as how you've asked:-
I'd scrap HS2 -if the pandemic has shown anything it has shown that there is no need for businessmen to have to get from London to Birmingham 15 minutes quicker.
I wouldn't upgrade Trident.

I'd add 1p in the pound to the rate of Income Tax and ring fence the money for the NHS.

I certainly wouldn't play God and decide who could or couldn't be treated.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 290
barralad
June 23, 2020, 5:17pm
Mariners Trust

I will defend my political beliefs as fiercely as you do yours.

"Fiercely"? I was hoping that in the spirit of reasonable debate you might try to answer some of the points I raised.
Your choice of course but a shame. Still I had as much flak from people on the far left for my views on history (in particular statues) as I have from the Right on here.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 290
arryarryarry
July 2, 2020, 1:40am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from smokey111

What is my agenda?

And I stand corrected as regards the left wing politics comment, that was another poster.

Do you oppose the  black lives matter movement?

As regards your agenda it is my humble opinion that anyone who opposes the Black Lives Matter movement you assume is a racist.

As regards left wing politics it looks like support is ebbing away from the BLM with some high profile black ex players, Sky Sports pundits, the BBC and now the Premier League because of its extreme left wing views,

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/ne.....dium=liftigniter-rhr

It seems the leader of the BLM may be a racist for his views on Israel.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne.....-says-GUY-ADAMS.html

I would hate it if anyone would say "I told you so"
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 290
lew chaterleys lover
July 2, 2020, 11:14am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

As regards your agenda it is my humble opinion that anyone who opposes the Black Lives Matter movement you assume is a racist.

As regards left wing politics it looks like support is ebbing away from the BLM with some high profile black ex players, Sky Sports pundits, the BBC and now the Premier League because of its extreme left wing views,

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/ne.....dium=liftigniter-rhr

It seems the leader of the BLM may be a racist for his views on Israel.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne.....-says-GUY-ADAMS.html

I would hate it if anyone would say "I told you so"

Another day and another bandwagon hits the buffers.

The hard left cannot win elections so they try to ride on the back of protest movements to get the societal changes they want. It is never going to happen but if they want to spend their time trying that's up to them.
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 290
Ipswin
July 2, 2020, 4:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89

Both of these get a yes from me

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 290
arryarryarry
July 3, 2020, 2:06am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 117

Would you be happy,say, if we scrapped the overseas aid budget and gave it all to the NHS?

Put me down for that as well as scrapping HS2 and there will be about at the very least £120 billion if not double that if HS2 costs soar as any Goverment's projects usually do.
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 290
grimsby pete
July 3, 2020, 5:15pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
Scrap HS2 gets a yes from me a complete waste of money.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 290
30 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Anti-racism protests

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.