Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Anti-racism protests
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 16 Guests

Anti-racism protests

This thread currently has 22,291 views. Print
30 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
July 3, 2020, 5:42pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,080
Gold Stars: 200

Think I saw the "Black Lives Matter" protestors are planning another protest in Cleethorpes on the 12th of this month.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 290
barralad
July 4, 2020, 9:10am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from promotion plaice

Think I saw the "Black Lives Matter" protestors are planning another protest in Cleethorpes on the 12th of this month.

Yes but it's gone very quiet. Might be something to do with the fact that the organisers are not from "the far left" but are centre-left Lib Dems who may have done their own research on BLMs agenda.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 290
lew chaterleys lover
July 4, 2020, 9:49am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,758
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from barralad

Yes but it's gone very quiet. Might be something to do with the fact that the organisers are not from "the far left" but are centre-left Lib Dems who may have done their own research on BLMs agenda.

It has been obvious from the start that BLM was the latest cover for far left groups who want to change our way of life without resorting to the ballot box.

All lives matter.
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 290
barralad
July 4, 2020, 12:46pm
Mariners Trust

It has been obvious from the start that BLM was the latest cover for far left groups who want to change our way of life without resorting to the ballot box.

All lives matter.

I'm talking about the local branch. All lives do matter but in my idealistic little lefty world that includes migrants and asylum seekers both groups that the Right in this country backed by well over half of the mainstream press are fully supportive of. ☺

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 290
lew chaterleys lover
July 4, 2020, 1:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from barralad

I'm talking about the local branch. All lives do matter but in my idealistic little lefty world that includes migrants and asylum seekers both groups that the Right in this country backed by well over half of the mainstream press are fully supportive of. ☺

Out of interest in your idealistic lefty world what number of migrants and asylum seekers would you consider a fair number for the UK to accept?

From my right wing perspective I think we have reached the limit. Multiculturalism as an experiment has failed. We now have several different cultures not integrating with each other and have many English towns split down the middle between areas that are no go zones for other communities. Not a healthy situation.

We learned this week in Leicester that third and 4th generations of migrants are unable to speak or understand English and a lot of the Asian community leading completely separate lives and following their own rules.

This situation will only get worse and it is not good for the future.
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 290
arryarryarry
July 4, 2020, 5:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from grimsby pete

Scrap HS2 gets a yes from me a complete waste of money

Fully agree Pete, what the frig it will do for the East of England especially East Anglia, nobody knows.
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 290
barralad
July 4, 2020, 6:34pm
Mariners Trust

Out of interest in your idealistic lefty world what number of migrants and asylum seekers would you consider a fair number for the UK to accept?

From my right wing perspective I think we have reached the limit. Multiculturalism as an experiment has failed. We now have several different cultures not integrating with each other and have many English towns split down the middle between areas that are no go zones for other communities. Not a healthy situation.

We learned this week in Leicester that third and 4th generations of migrants are unable to speak or understand English and a lot of the Asian community leading completely separate lives and following their own rules.

This situation will only get worse and it is not good for the future.

Well I spend a lot of time in Nottingham where broadly different cultures mix and get on relatively well. Leicester too is a quite well integrated city.  Sheffield, Greater Manchester, Leeds similarly so. It's a while since I heard the old "no go area" exaggeration. Probably a waste of time but I'll ask anyway. Have you any proof of this? I'm surprised about the lack of English speaking (if true, which it probably is) and cannot see how that is good but I wonder how widespread it is.
Do you have a view on the Government's invite to a few million current residents of Hong Kong who we seem to be able to find room for?
As far as I can see none of your post refers to actual asylum seekers. I believe and always have done that as a civilised country we should take in those fleeing war and persecution. In the 90's I was involved in integrating the Kosovan refugees into Britain (well those that came to Grimsby). They were primarily young men who some on the Right believe should have stayed to fight-in this case Milosovic's Serbs. The stories that came out were so dreadful that some of my staff required counselling. This was a war which took place in Europe. I suspect that we can only imagine what they went through and I'd bet a significant part of my income that Syrians, Libyans and the like have stories to tell that are on a par.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 290
headingly_mariner
July 4, 2020, 8:52pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from barralad

Well I spend a lot of time in Nottingham where broadly different cultures mix and get on relatively well. Leicester too is a quite well integrated city.  Sheffield, Greater Manchester, Leeds similarly so. It's a while since I heard the old "no go area" exaggeration. Probably a waste of time but I'll ask anyway. Have you any proof of this? I'm surprised about the lack of English speaking (if true, which it probably is) and cannot see how that is good but I wonder how widespread it is.
Do you have a view on the Government's invite to a few million current residents of Hong Kong who we seem to be able to find room for?
As far as I can see none of your post refers to actual asylum seekers. I believe and always have done that as a civilised country we should take in those fleeing war and persecution. In the 90's I was involved in integrating the Kosovan refugees into Britain (well those that came to Grimsby). They were primarily young men who some on the Right believe should have stayed to fight-in this case Milosovic's Serbs. The stories that came out were so dreadful that some of my staff required counselling. This was a war which took place in Europe. I suspect that we can only imagine what they went through and I'd bet a significant part of my income that Syrians, Libyans and the like have stories to tell that are on a par.

Spot on. People in areas that are actually multicultural tend to get on pretty well. Britain is a great place to live and benefits from the many people that come to live here.

Also the idea that BLM is centrally organised is a nonsense. A small group of people have set up a Twitter account calling themselves the official BLM and Twitter has given them a blue tick legitimising it. They don’t represent what is an organic worldwide movement nor did they create it.

BLM matters because in many countries including the UK and US if you’re black life will be harder for you than if you’re white even if you have exactly the same circumstances.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 290
cmackenzie4
July 4, 2020, 10:52pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.24
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
My brother Peter was at Uni in London 17 years ago and 99% of his friends were of foreign origin, Indian, Pakistani, Spanish, Portuguese, Greek,  German, French, Swiss etc etc, I Met most of them when I regularly visited Peter, every single one of them were lovely friendly people, he ended up marrying an Indian girl and staying in London were he now works, they have a lovely family and Roopa’s family are the friendliest people you would ever meet, they made my family feel very very welcome indeed.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 290
lew chaterleys lover
July 5, 2020, 11:08am
Vodka Drinker
The anecdotal evidence from some posters about their experiences with multi- culturism is great to hear, but you would be very naive to think it is like that in huge swathes of towns and cities in the UK where there are big cultural divides.

Let's hope the new immigration rules will reduce the flow of people who have no intention of integrating but I wont hold my breath.
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 290
30 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Anti-racism protests

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.