Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Anti-racism protests
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 11 Guests

Anti-racism protests

This thread currently has 22,310 views. Print
30 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 Next All Recommend Thread
Rick12
July 12, 2020, 10:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from smokey111

That is one massive coincidence. Watched the first one, just sat watching Equalizer 2.

Ive seen the Equalizer 2.Thats  ok as well.Hope you enjoy it.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 200 - 290
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
July 13, 2020, 10:36am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from promotion plaice

What's the world coming to when a twelve year old boy thinks it's acceptable to racially abuse Wilfred Zaha online.

Apparently the kid has now been arrested.

Have his parents been arrested as well? They should be.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 201 - 290
aldi_01
July 17, 2020, 6:35am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473

Have his parents been arrested as well? They should be.

They won’t be as he’s above the criminal age of responsibility. Whilst I agree with your comment and can see that logic, it won’t happen. I spent ten years working in youth justice establishments, parents rarely received any support, let alone bollockings. No doubt this lad got his racist views from bigoted parents but sadly I’d imagine nothing will be done.

He’ll likely receive a fine and some work around the impact of racism etc.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 202 - 290
Rick12
July 18, 2020, 7:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

They won’t be as he’s above the criminal age of responsibility. Whilst I agree with your comment and can see that logic, it won’t happen. I spent ten years working in youth justice establishments, parents rarely received any support, let alone bollockings. No doubt this lad got his racist views from bigoted parents but sadly I’d imagine nothing will be done.

He’ll likely receive a fine and some work around the impact of racism etc.
I can understand your viewpoint.  I've worked as well with severely troubled youth and on a wider note it's heartwrenching what some have been through. What Ive found though is healthy input eg   kindness and structure and discipline goes a long way to healing them but it takes time.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 203 - 290
arryarryarry
July 21, 2020, 2:57am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from barralad

Please don't mistake me for a supporter of Blair's stance on the Iraq war. I campaigned hard against the Iraq war and as far as I'm concerned he broke International Law and should be forced to defend his actions in a court of law. To answer your question...No

My point was that it was Tony Blair (Labour Party P.M.) that lied about the number of EU migrants coming into the UK yet you don't seem to acknowledge that but keep referring to Nigel Farage and his comments about EU migrants.
Private Message
Reply: 204 - 290
aldi_01
July 21, 2020, 7:04am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Rick12
I can understand your viewpoint.  I've worked as well with severely troubled youth and on a wider note it's heartwrenching what some have been through. What Ive found though is healthy input eg   kindness and structure and discipline goes a long way to healing them but it takes time.

One hundred percent agree, the wider issue we had was we’d smother them with kindness, education, the opportunities to to learn from mistakes and then bang! Off they go back to the same environment with little support. It was so frustrating and with social care and youth justice support varying so much across the country, coupled with increasing rates of deprivation and it’s a recipe for disaster. Sadly, that won’t change, not with Boris and chums in charge.

The whole British values thing is schools was completely misinterpreted and or implemented when there were more significant things to focus on rather than some nonsense pseudo patriotism. Education is the key to stopping this vile excrement but not just telling them it is bad but actually explaining to them how social media works, how to fact check, how to use critical thinking and the like but then, perhaps the government don’t want folk to do that🤔

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 205 - 290
Rick12
August 25, 2020, 6:41am
Vodka Drinker
Food for thought .Post which Ive just seen:

"His is a post from a serving Police Officer. I think he sums things up perfectly:
A career criminal dies whilst being arrested for another crime because a police officer doesn’t know proper arrest procedure.... the world riots!
Everyone changes their social media pictures.
Everyone wears badges in support.
Politicians, actors, footballers and celebrities all scream for justice.
Amazon start selling Blue Lives Murder T shirts.
It gets so extreme the army is called in to quell the unrest.
The cop is charged with murder almost instantly.
A police officer is murdered on duty trying to prevent a burglary by career criminals who laugh and joke throughout the crime and the trial.
Nothing happens.
Silence.
The world carries on regardless.
Even his own country doesn’t care!
Where is your outrage now?
Where are the badges?
The public show of support?
Where are the celebrity voices?
A police officer was flayed alive (skinned alive till he died while his body was being dragged along by a car)doing his job, protecting YOU, YOUR FAMILY, YOUR PROPERTY.
Are you going to riot for his life?
Are you going to protest his right to life?
No you’re not, likely you’ll do nothing at all.
In 8 years, yes 8 years, his murderers will be back out and committing crime. Their victims will start bitching about the police not doing their jobs: "where were you, why weren’t you here sooner, you Police are useless" you’ll shout.
Do you know what the Police will say? No you’re wrong, they’ll apologise for not being quicker and not being there but what I want to know is...
WHERE WERE YOU WHEN WE NEEDED YOUR SUPPORT, WHERE'S YOUR OUTRAGE NOW?
Get this shared folks, far and wide because I want to know how a country can call justice served when a police officer's murderers are jailed for 16 years, out in 8 just thing about that for a moment, 8 years for killing a Police Officer."

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 206 - 290
Sandford1981
August 25, 2020, 7:55am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
If you are able to ignore what I see as a lot of nonsense in this piece of writing I think there is a legitimate discussion to be had here, I just find it a shame it’s hidden and obscured by divisive comparisons to other cases which I view as comparing apples and oranges.

That said highlighting the inadequacies of our ‘justice’ system with this particular case is perfectly valid. Perhaps, despite the loose connections that can be made to this thread if you’re inclined to do so, the legitimate argument deserves its own. Personally I think What those lads did and how they have conducted themselves since is absolutely deplorable and the sentence they received is not nearly enough.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 207 - 290
Rick12
August 25, 2020, 8:06am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Sandford1981
If you are able to ignore what I see as a lot of nonsense in this piece of writing I think there is a legitimate discussion to be had here, I just find it a shame it’s hidden and obscured by divisive comparisons to other cases which I view as comparing apples and oranges.

That said highlighting the inadequacies of our ‘justice’ system with this particular case is perfectly valid. What those lads did and how they have conducted themselves since is absolutely deplorable and the sentence they received in my opinion not nearly enough.
Soon as we come into this world Sandford its a challenge for all of us albeit for some more than others.Ive always said and I stand by this in the end good always wins.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 208 - 290
ska face
August 25, 2020, 1:59pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,779
Gold Stars: 851
What a monumental heap of shite from Rick, again. If the person who wrote that is actually a serving police officer they should be removed from duty ASAP.
Private Message
Reply: 209 - 290
30 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Anti-racism protests

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.